The Not So Secret life of the Hivemind

I just read it, but I meant I have seen it in game and never really knew where people got it up until this moment you created the post.

I got it, though I wish I had known about the group requirement afterwards. That really bothers me =/

1 Like

I did this with a group of guildies a few weeks ago following the secret finding discord’s guide. Took a couple hours as a group after we divided up the preliminary stuff like the monocles.

I like to use it with my Disgusting Oozling pet, so that I have a green hive look. I’ve had people ask me in game where I got the “green one” at, and I told them that it was a “secret skin” for the “secret mount.” They asked how/where the secret skin was, and I just said I’d give them a hint: battle pets!

Strictly speaking, the green look is from a battle pet, so I wasn’t really lying, although it’s not so secret if you know about the effect of that pet.

Does that make me a bad cow for having fun with them over that?

#MyLife4TheHive!

/moo :cow:

1 Like

Group requirement turns me off of it.

3 Likes

I liked doing the 2 in Legion but have no plans on getting this one because of the group requirement and subsequent restrictions on it. Maybe if my friends come back and play but there still wouldn’t be 5 of us. I hope the next one is back to being solo puzzle.

I do love that these types of puzzles are in the game and kudos to the people that figure them out. I love mysteries and puzzles but would never be able to figure these out on my own.

Pretty much how I feel too. Got a bit curious when I first heard about it and made plans to get it, but then people started finding out the limitation and I decided it wasn’t even worth bothering. I’d have like 1 person I could use it with and that was it.

5 Likes

I got it recently, about a week ago. I’m curious to see what other secrets they add. Also got the Nazjatar blood serpent, which is a model I really love. I just need to figure out what toon to use it on, of course.

Yeah I’m not a fan of that restriction. They could just remove the 10% speed bonus if you’re not in the hive mind or something. I like the look of the mount though and am a collector, so naturally got it anyway.

1 Like

I got it. Its awesome. The 5-person functionality should be account-wide (meaning it should work for the alts of folks who did the original quest, or are on the same battle.net account). Also, it drops people repeatedly when going through content due to phasing - not that I think there is a fix for that, but it still sucks to keep having to go back for folks parachuting through the air - it defeats the purpose.

5 Likes

Went and got it when it first came out. The puzzles were fun enough, but making it so you could only ride with the people you finished it with was too much. I did mine with randoms, and they were nice people but I’ll ever see them again. Plus I have more than 5 friends, and they have more than 5 friends. All in all it’s made it a useless mount for me, I haven’t touched it since the day I got it.

2 Likes

I got this the same day/night that the puzzle was uncovered.

It was fun, but at the time we did not know that the only people who would be able to use our mounts were the ones in group. I could have waited another 24 hours and known that I guess. And no, I don’t really fancy doing the final part again just to let someone use my mount.

It was pretty late my time when I got it done, and some of the people were Aussies. I will likely never come across them in game again.

I guess it’s a head nod towards the mount being called Hivemind and also a group working together as one to get it.

1 Like

I have the Hivemind, and i’m greatly disappointed. There were so many better solutions to mythic plus abuse, including simply disabling the mount in mythic plusses, but instead you made the baffling decision to limit the mount only to those who you complete the quest with.

3 Likes

I have it. Now, if I can ever find the people I grouped with…

1 Like

I liked finding it better than Lucid Nightmare. Lucid Nightmare’s maze just made absolutely no sense to me, so my only option was to brute force it for 5 hours.

The last part of the hivemind was also confusing, but fortunately one person in the group understood it. I just had to follow along which made it considerably easier. If I had to figure it out myself, I probably wouldn’t have it. In fact, now that I think about it, I still don’t get how that disk was supposed to work even after reading guides to it. It just doesn’t add up.

not me.

waiting until my friends return to the game (currently busy with nursing intern, college, and irl stuff)

I hear that, hehe.

I remember doing it on the day shortly after it was figured out. Got into a group that did it without voice chat for most of it until the platform puzzle, when we all opted to get into Discord. Spent about an hour figuring the best system to communicate and doing some trial and error. Eventually we got it and went our separate ways.

An hour later I totally forgot their names and servers. Very doubtful I will ever see those people again.

1 Like

I’ll not be getting it because I don’t particularly like the restriction on who can ride it with me, and I’m not crazy about how it looks.

That’s ok though, it’s just not for me.

1 Like

It was the day I discovered that WOW voice chat is actually pretty good.

I put it aside when the crowds around key items for the last monocle became too thick to see what was going on. Might go back and get that at some point as a bank paperweight, but I’m expecting I’ll end up balking at the group portion anyway so it sort of fell to the bottom of the todo list.

I have it, but I detest the way your ‘secrets’ are put together. Generally speaking, ALL of your secrets are completely and utterly asinine!

As a collector, I’ll likely jump through whatever completely derpydoo hoops you have me jump through, but they aren’t fun. They AREN’T fun.

I’ve yet to complete ANY of the secrets that was actually fun.

All of them are just plain weird, bizarre, utterly senseless, profoundly tedious without rhyme or reason of any kind.

Just absolute astounding twilight zone level absurdity, all of it. If any part of this madness made any sliver of actual sense, it could be fun. But as it stands, it’s just a mountain of absurdity.

The people on your team who create these things scare me. Normal, healthy minds do not conceive of such beyond words lunacy.

1 Like

I was in one of the groups that were there on the jumping puzzle as it was being solved. Had it about an hour after the first group obtained it. People that I will never see again I am forever connected to, so it greatly decreases my use of the mount. Otherwise it was a fun and unique experience to obtain. I particularly liked the puzzle for the yellow monocle in HoO.