The Night Elves are not abandoning Kalimdor

Literally so stupid. I don’t care how many portals they add, it should be in their ancestral lands in Kalimdor.

13 Likes

I hope this is treated as a proper night elf or atleast alliance city.

2 Likes

This is literally more love then any other race will see

2 Likes

It was about time

1 Like

If they are trying to say this is just a backwater settlement for some night elves so they don’t have to live on the stormwind streets anymore and that this isn’t a capital and they can protect the tree that only had the purpose of getting the dragons their powers back, that’s fine, moving the night elf “capital” to the other side of the planet pincered between undercity and orgrimmar shipping lanes is another.

Portals have never actually mattered in the story, just look at how useless they were in WoT or Wolfheart, they couldn’t actually use them to move troops around, so portals are purely cosmetic. Some huts scattered around the roots of a tree are fine, but this isn’t a capital at all. But they at least seem to be responding to feedback by adding the portals and visitors, and this was likely all they could really change a few months out.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s a really good news, even Darshore and Feralas are here.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Just need to add some Ashenvale visitors to make the thing perfect.

I hope they will update Darkshore (BfA) one day. Here are some ideas:

9 Likes

Considering to reach darnassus you either needed to fly on a gryphon or use a portal from the bottom of the tree, I’m more than fine that the way to connect amirdrassil to kalimdor is trough portals. I’m not saying both are equivalent, but I’m pretty sure Tyrande already had the logistics of having a capital away from your main land figured out.

So a single kick almost knocked out one of the toughest Orcs out there? Thats some good monk fantasy right there, shame Saurfang is the main character so he probably got the Win in the end.

1 Like

The Shen’dralar leader reached an accord with Tyrande after we reclamed Eldre’thalas.

I looked into it after the Exploring Kalimdor book said there was still ancient knowledge to be learned from Dire Maul.

After Mordent Evenshade successfully reached an accord with Tyrande Whisperwind, upon which they began training a new generation of night elven mages at Teldrassil and other parts of Kalimdor.
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/A_Cautious_Return

But it also warned Azshara was looking to reclaim lost knowledge from Edre’thalas. So I suspect the NE’s may be called to help defend the Shen’dralar from naga attacks in upcoming expansions.

2 Likes

Yes the doomers were wrong, again.

4 Likes

Wow, how gorgeous are these revamped buildings? :face_holding_back_tears: This gives me so much Classic NE nostalgia, I can’t wait to see it in game. I really love that they’ve added a significant Shen’dralar presence, I love their lore and it’s cool to see how far they’ve come since Cataclysm.

I’m a bit bummed there aren’t any in-game Night Elf monk representations seeing as how they pulled all the stops for other classes. I feel like Monk meshes so well with NE lore (my Night Elf is a monk too!), it’s almost strange there isn’t more of them. I have a feeling they’d likely be with the Sentinels though.

3 Likes

I doubt Blizz would get that detailed but I find the idea of the development of different Night Elven groups quite interesting. Some areas like Feralas might be more militarized, some might adopt different architecture. I can see new Darkshore settlements follow a more ‘Dark Moon’ sort of vibe. Felwood could have something related to Warlocks and Demon Hunters. The possibilities are quite fun tbh, and it’s something they should extend to every race so that the races stop feeling like some singular mind.

6 Likes

Agreed with the idea that Warlocks and DHs should have a heavy presence there but Druids should be heavily represented there as well. After all the purpuse of Night Elves have been the cleasing of Felwood.
We could have Locks and DHs combat “fire with fire” (fel in this case) to remove enemies while Druids cleanse and regrow the land.

6 Likes

Here’s what I’m going to say to you:
The Nelves don’t have a form of central government.
The Nelves aren’t a centralized people.
There were never any strictly understood ‘borders’ that the Nelves held largely because of this.

The Nelves have always been largely associated as ‘living alongside nature’ which often conjures ideas of foragers or wandering peoples.

Not to say that there aren’t Nelf settlements or villages, there clearly are. But their agrarian settlements don’t appear to be the norm.

There’s simply areas they live in predominantly, and places they don’t live in predominantly.

The Nelves do not constitute the same kind of ‘civilization’ that the Roman Empire did, they’re two completely different kinds of people.

You could compare the Highborne civilization with the Romans, but no, there is no ‘central government’ of the Night Elves.

Not to say there aren’t spiritual/religious leaders, or venerated elders and so on… but there is no central power which holds sway over all Night Elfdom in the same way that the Romans had a central government.

The Romans, as with most empires were largely agrarian which created an association of land-ownership and power based upon that ownership. Land, as a stationary concept doesn’t move, and therefore a conglomeration of land ownership has a ‘center’, and borders can be drawn from that land ownership.

Nelves, are never really depicted as agrarian, nor are any of the irl people that their culture takes inspirations from largely agrarian. There is no ‘land ownership’ in the same way that we see among the Romans (as an example). There can be a concept of ‘territory’, but it wouldn’t be based off of land ownership surrounding a central ‘capital’.

In the same way, this can be applied to Tauren as well.

Thunderbluff doesn’t constitute a singular central governing ‘power’, but rather a large meeting place of sacred importance to the people. In a similar way to how the World Trees are presented to the Nelves.

Conspicuous amount of Highborne content here: proper representation, makeovers, and an official “House of Shen’dralar” faction tag. Equally conspicuous are Amirdrassil’s fancy docks. Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s where Alliance players cast off for Quel’Thalas from in Midnight, and the Highborne to serve as the night elves’ representatives in that expansion rather than yet more Tyrande and Shandris.

7 Likes

I would never get tired of Tyrande/Malfurion/Shandris but for Midnight a expect Mordent Evershade to be our representative.
Still I do expect to see Tyrande just like in Suramar. I believe at some point we are going to see all elven factions joining forces and with them their respective leaders. Tyrande, Lor’themar, Alleria, Thalysra and Vereesa. Of course with each leader we’ll have some important characters like Mordent, Rommath, Umbric, Oculeth and so on.

4 Likes

GOOD.

The Shal’dorei would of made sense to join the Kaldorei if they had had Evenshade as the diplomat and not Tyrande just thumbing her nose with icy silence. It burnt my biscuits they completely ignored we had the Shen’dralar to be the bridge between the two peoples.

6 Likes

I hope we get some “stay a while and listen prompts”.

Maybe DKs and DHs arguing who had it worse.

Jarod arguing some military tactics with the wardens.

There is a lot of potential here, fighting for a zone then seeing the rewards feels really nice.

Imagine if players could have access to a post legion suramar, this is how i feel with this.

12 Likes

DH: “I sacrificed Everything!”
DK: “But your pulse!”

That would crack me up.

Something that would be nice is if we saw the survivors of the Shal’dorei massacre of the Moonguard remnants joining up with the Shen’dralar. That be a nice door prize for how the shen’dralar were ignored in legion.

15 Likes

EMO boys competition!

2 Likes

Weird to me people view this as a response to feedback. Seems like just as planned. Unless blizzard commented?

3 Likes