The night elf beard is getting changed

From this:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704202724761403392/764177475638394890/image0.png

To this:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/704202724761403392/764177609172320327/image0.png

Anyone think this is just a tad bit drastic of a fundamental change in design? Some people won’t dig he spikey look much? I made this thread to bring awarness to this since I think many night elf players won’t be happy about this change.

27 Likes

Mmmm… I don’t know how to feel about it, really. Kind of like it but not at the cost of the other one?

14 Likes

The before does look smoother. You elf hippies grow hair fast though.

Wish they’d implement both, but it aint no big thing to me.

8 Likes

Why not just…make it two different options?

Same question for why they don’t give every race every eye color option/variation. The half blue/blind look would be perfect for a mage friend of mine.

Perfect time to add these things and it would take very little work.

30 Likes

This should absolutely be two different options. I like them both but they have different vibes.

33 Likes

That would seem like the logical way to go about it. I think the issue is more it replacing an existing one in a way people may not like.

4 Likes

I heard a rumor through the grapevine that they will be adding more to come throughout the expansion, BUT, it’s just a rumor.

I hope you’re right. Pandaren got totally shafted, lol.

5 Likes

Hmm. I’m not quite sure why, but the unkempt beard just doesn’t quite feel right.

And that’s weird, because NElf hair is very unkempt to begin with.

1 Like

Really is no issue if they just make it seperate vs replacing an existing one.

4 Likes

I’d like to imagine a company like Blizzard could handle creating a template of the old version so we could have both.

Then again, they’ve gotten everything else wrong so far.

5 Likes

you summed up how i felt with the 2014 wod player model overhauls… they replaced a lot of faces our characters had with faces that didnt convey what they did before the upgrade. everything became so smoothed out that they drastically changed the vibe and expression, most noticeably with gnomes. there were a couple resting B faces gnomes had they lost, you cant tell me this “cutesy” face is the same “i will cut you if you cross me” i had in MoP

3 Likes

They look way different. Def should be two different options.

11 Likes

I don’t like the new style, but the old one was my favorite beard option for male Nelves. I race-changed Wild just in time for him to miss this change, LOL!

2 Likes

Nice. Blood elves now need some similar beards. Lets get the testosterone pumping.

1 Like

That looks to be much higher quality, although they could be two separate options.

1 Like

Oof. I use that beard for my Male Night Elf, and i don’t like the change. :frowning:

Hopefully Blizz adds them both in as two separate options.

4 Likes

That’s the best (and obvious) answer to me.

5 Likes

I actually prefer the new look.

1 Like

Perfectly fine. Most of us are just saying they should be two options. Not replace another.

2 Likes