The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

You make it sound so simple, but it’s not. I’ll do some thinking for you; some people rolled on day one. Some servers are day one. If that person returns, what do they do? What of their guild? There’s a lot more going on than you seem to know, or even care about. Blizzard keeps the character sheets of every character ever created. What if someone has your name? There’s just so many variables that the only logical solution is to do that they have done. One day, with better tech, there will be no servers. Just authentication and you are in. -You’d choose PVP, PVE, RPPVP and the like, then you are put on those mega nodes which use blades and layers to keep customers happy about ping. Blizzard could do many things, but in the end the user has hardware and you can certainly blame minimum system requirements and packet loss for many things.

We could derail the thread more, but I think the topic at hand is in regard to guild invites and the Ui available to those in control of said guilds.

2 Likes

This is true. I apologize if my frustration with the new guild problems (caused by mergers) is causing a derailment. I want to be able to see applicants and the applicant history, but I also want the permissions to be broken up so they can be assigned as GM’s feel fits their guild.

The fact that this hasn’t been fixed despite Ion saying they were working on it is what’s most annoying. Well, that, and having new issues crop up while the old ones are still with us. It’s like we’ve slipped into some bizzaro wonderland.

3 Likes

From my vantage point it would appear the problems are spreading, not being corrected. In my Horde guild, this morning I have 6 blank characters in the roster and one that is listed as ‘name-notaconnectedrealm’. The same problem does not seem to exist in the old roster.

It would seem that this two-years-long communities experiment is not over and the problems created by it have never been professionally and thoroughly dealt with.

As a customer, it would be nice if Blizz would fix the new bugs and correct the issues that they promised to address two years ago.

5 Likes

I just announced to my guild that we won’t be resuming dungeon and raid events for Shadowlands. A sad day, indeed. I will miss the time with my guildies, but honestly, when I think about the hours and hours that I won’t spend playing Shadowlands, I feel relieved.

I can’t lie. A major factor in how I and my officers arrived at this decision is how Blizzard has handled the guild permission issues, class issues, master looter, and overall design issues. When taken together, the picture is a rather ugly one. Frankly, we don’t have any faith that Blizzard will actually fix the sore spots that we experienced in BFA.

Radio silence for two years after acknowledging a problem is not ok. (Guild permissions) It’s not ok to introduce changes into an alpha, receive immediate feedback that this feels bad, and then do NOTHING about it for two years, and then suddenly say, “Oh yeah, we agree it feels bad.” (GCD changes) It’s completely unacceptable to find a mathematical/design problem in a class, patch it up with a bandaid for the rest of the expansion, and then fail to address the problem with a rework/tweaking in the new expansion - only to need YET ANOTHER BANDAID for the same problem with the same spec, and to then do the SAME THING AGAIN with expansion number three! (Feral, Guardian, Prot Pally, to name a few that were the most troublesome in my guild.)

And master looter…just why. Seriously. Why? Why do you do things that discourage cooperative gameplay? I don’t ultimately care about master loot vs personal loot. For my guild, this isn’t about gearing up certain classes, or funneling gear to a select group. It’s about sharing. It’s about an item being a small upgrade for me, but a big upgrade for someone else. I want that loot to go to the other person, because that’s more useful. Why can’t I share with my friends? I know, it’s shocking that in 2020 some people care about others and enjoy doing nice things, but apparently I’m old fashioned.

So…sorry not sorry, Blizzard. But since money may very well be the only language you know… I’m using whatever position and influence I happen to possess to drive down your Shadowlands sales. To the unfortunate CM reading this, you’re a good person and I don’t blame you, but you may want to work on your resume. To the big wigs, put your empty suit back in the closet and go get some real world experience before you make any more stupid decisions.

To those still fighting the good fight in this thread, I admire your tenacity. I’ll still pop in now and then to see how things are going. I am genuinely curious how/if this is resolved.

7 Likes

Sadly, I expect that this will be resolved similarly to how the issues with “Archdruid’s Lunarwing Form” was handled back in Legion. If you recall, this was supposed to be a mount and appear in the mount journal, but there were problems, so they ‘temporarily’ made it a replacement for flight form and said they were fixing it. This is what a blue said back then:
Originally:

Good news! The Archdruid’s Lunarwing Form operates like a shapeshift in terms of benefits (instant cast, immune to polymorph, etc.) but also counts as an additional mount in your mount journal.

Then:

We’ve found a few issues, and we’re going to need to temporarily remove the Archdruid’s Lunarwing Form from the mount journal. The option to change the look of your flight form will be available as an NPC in your class hall, operating similarly to the Glyph of the Sentinel.

We’re working on getting a solution to you as soon as we can, apologies and thanks!

Since the old forums were removed, this will need to suffice as the source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=261066/druid-class-mount-and-quest-archdruids-lunarwing-form

As far as I know, after that it was forgotten and ignored.

In any event, to stay on topic: I would still like to see the permissions get fixed/reverted. This was a bad ‘decision’ (you said it was unintentional) when it was done, and it remains less than ideal today.

3 Likes

And here I was beginning to think I was the only one annoyed with the guild system. Being the leader of a small guild, we don’t experience most of what the bigger guilds deal with BUT the guild system as a whole is so annoying. Most people don’t get notifications of invites unless they go into the Guild Finder and it magically pops up. Same goes for when we receive invites. If I’m not checking, I’ll never know. Guild chat lingers too long too. I thought in WotLK they were working towards something good but ended up dumping everything after. They say they want more player agency, what about guild agency!?! Do we need an expansion in order for changes to make sense? No! Anyhow, I’d like to see guilds have more meaning.

3 Likes

I remember that well. I still use my lunarwing form regularly, and it is indeed still accessed via travel form. Guild permissions are way more important to me tho. Blizz, if you need help prioritizing these, fix permissions first, then a lot of other things, then birds.

Welcome to the thread! Good to have you here.

Yes plz.

3 Likes

I’m literally almost at a point where I will tweet Ion every day with a link to this thread until he either blocks me or gives an update.

2 Likes

My money’s on him blocking you. Or maybe he’ll just ignore you because he never uses that account. You know, like he ignores these forums. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I mean… if he blocked me… that’d be an answer. And it’s not like I’m being rude! I’d never. But I did see a tweet from him or a reply w/e it is saying that he does read everything. So every day, he’ll get a reminder.

He just has to think of it like a friendly work memo C:

3 Likes

Indeed. The tweet-block is, in fact, the standard response (ask me how I know). Of course… it wasn’t Ion’s PR account, but Blizz at large.

3 Likes

I have difficulty believing he actually reads everything tweeted to him. I mean, does he really have time for that? But good luck on it anyway. Trying to give him reminders won’t hurt. Obviously posting here does no good.

3 Likes

Well, we’re three days in and there’s no response (expected) but also no block! I should note, I’m being very polite. Simply posting a link to this thread and a veeeeery short summary of the issues going on and asking for an update. Because even if we’re justifiably frustrated and upset and what’s going on, basic courtesy is a must! :smiley:

Not that anyone said otherwise, granted. But hey, while I’m here- restore granular permissions please!!

3 Likes

Gosh, I wish more people realized this (and I’m not talking about just here on the forums).

I’m still hoping for some kind of miraculous fix when the patch hits, or if not then, when Shadowlands launches. Deep down in my gut though, I’m expecting to be disappointed. How sad is that? :cry:

3 Likes

Just saw that SL is being delayed. They don’t have a ton of time in the year left to release if they still want a 2020 release but…

Hold on to that hope!!! Maybe with the delayed release it means they’ve heard us too, as well as all the others who’ve brought valid issues forward.

2 Likes

Dare we hope?

I just read an article about the delay.

Blizzard (apparently) stated:

“John Hight, Executive Producer at Blizzard Entertainment, announced today that World of Warcraft: Shadowlands is delayed until later in 2020. Originally scheduled to release on October 27, 2020, the expansion is being delayed due to needing some additional polish.”

Could said “polish” include at the very least restoring guild permissions?

I’m beyond doubtful

Blizzard:
Please fix the guild permissions and prove me wrong.

Thank you.

As a side note:

If anyone is wondering, the same article claims that the Shadowlands prepatch is said to be slated for release October 13th.

2 Likes

I agree.

It’s sad that this has gone on for more than two years. At this point, I don’t think Blizz has any intention of ever fixing it. While I don’t believe it was ever a planned result of the communities feature, it seems like Blizzard has just thrown up their collective hands and moved on.

Ditto

2 Likes

At this point, I feel Blizzard is never going to do anything about guilds. The applicants and applicant history are still nonfunctional in my guild UI, so recruiting new members is a wash. We haven’t seen any hint of changes to the permissions.

Whoever is making decisions there at Blizz HQ clearly cares nothing about the health of guilds. I think they only intend to do the bare minimum to keep WoW up, and once they can’t milk any more cash out of it, they’ll pull the plug and parachute to another company.

1 Like

Give it 10 days and see what happens once the pre-patch goes live. There is a chance they decided to not put resources into BFA with the new code being brought live shortly. I have no idea if this is the case, but I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

In terms of the permissions and being lied to, well yeah, that’s unfortunate. I guess they expect for it to eventually be forgotten. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Much as I want to believe that, indications are that it is a data issue. Thus, turning on the prepatch code is highly unlikely to make any difference to the problem, sadly.