The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

So, continuing my read-through. I’m quoting my self this time because I gave some very specific feed-back about how to improve guild recruitment:

Now, the permissions are still the #1 priority. I would put recruitment at #3, after improvements to the roster (#2). This is because GM’s need the management tools before they recruit more members. And then, of course, guild perks (#4).

4 Likes

Blizzard.

Jusuf Nurkic just broke his leg.

There’s your timetable.

2 Likes

Fumel can attest:

I am drunk.

Not Toxic.

3 Likes

Here’s some more specific feedback from September about ways to improve recruitment:

I thought it would take me longer each night to find a post with specific suggestions on improvements. It’s true that the majority of posts are simply deploring the permissions change and the lack of response from anyone at Blizzard. However, it turns out that detailed posts aren’t really that hard to find.

Now, people haven’t really been prioritizing–probably because we pretty much all agree that fixing the permissions is the number one priority. Honestly, I think Ion’s comment about prioritizing is more smoke and mirrors pretending to say something when he’s really not.

But anyway, as I said before, recruitment is important, but not as important as managing the guilds in the first place. My priorities:

1. Fix permissions
  2. Improve the roster functions
  3. Improve recruitment
  4. Add guild perks
6 Likes

We’ve given so much specific feedback in this thread, that for him to say “we need specific feedback” really means that the developers aren’t reading the thread themselves and are relying on someone else (a blue?) to give them a summary of what we’ve said, and the only summary they’ve heard is likely from ages ago.

Everything that could be said has been said many times over, we just need someone from Blizzard to read the thread and give our specific feedback to the development team. Is this likely to happen? I don’t know, but I hope so.

9 Likes

Specifically do this stuff. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

WTF…I must have been massively wasted when I posted this. I have no recollection of ever making this suggestion…

4 Likes

You did mention in a part of the post that I didn’t quote that you were were not influenced by your wife and you were not trying to watch Philly v. Atlanta while she was going on about something. It’s just possible you might not have been 100% paying attention when you posted.

4 Likes

Taking bets on if we hit 4000 posts before we get any input from blizzard.

I think we already decided this thread will hit over 9000 and they will give us an achievement before they give us a response.

4 Likes

I’ve caught up to myself, meaning I’m finding posts by me quoting others. However, there are still plenty of detailed posts for me to quote.

The following is a very clear post detailing the problems this particular GM has with the permissions changes. It’s focused on the changes and doesn’t present any new ideas. Clearly, the priority for this poster is to have the permissions separated out again.

Honestly, I don’t know why it is you guys want more feedback with posts like the above having existed for seven months (with many other older detailed, specific posts since the thread began). We’ve been told that Community Managers read threads and pass information on to the developers, but how can that be if you guys don’t know all the stuff we’ve already written here? Are you truly even looking at this thread?

11 Likes

Quoting my older reply after the Q&A. This is specific feedback- along with many, many other excellent and detailed posts in this thread that have been made since its inception. There is no shortage of specific, detailed, proper feedback in this thread. It’s existed before the Q&A, and if the devs need reminders, here’s mine.

9 Likes

Here is another post from earlier in the thread detailing how the permissions were handled by this GM’s guild:

Note the specific examples and explanations why the permissions need to be separated. No, there are no other ideas for guild improvements presented, no doubt because fixing the permissions is the main concern here.

5 Likes

I can confirm the quoted person’s primary motivation is to have permissions restored. Why? Because that is what’s most important to me. I’m happy to have other improvements too. But first and foremost, I’d like the lost functionality back.

4 Likes

Okay, still in September (2018). I’m quoting this next post because it feels particularly relevant to our situation now:

They don’t have to extend the threads any more since the new format (which makes me wonder if that was one of the reasons they let so many CM’s go). But the reminder that they already asked for feedback in a previous Q&A just really struck a nerve. Okay, maybe having Ion ask for even more feedback in this most recent Q&A is better than being completely ignored, but sometimes I have to wonder if they’re not all just laughing at us.

“Hey, guys! Who’s taking bets that they’ll jump on it if we ask for even more feedback? Oh! And let’s ask them to prioritize it this time!”

Raicolette really fingers the problem when she suggests it would be “different” if the devs actually communicated back with us. Right now it’s like we’re throwing ideas, suggestions, feedback, etc. into a bottomless pit. We have absolutely zero idea if anyone is even reading this.

If anyone from Blizzard would communicate back with us in this thread, we’d have some idea where they are in the process and how many of our zany ideas they really intend to implement. I don’t want to waste my time talking about all the cool things Guild Halls could do for WoW if they’re not ever going to be a thing. At the same time, people have posted some terrific suggestions for guild improvements that I’d really love to see.

It’s really a shame that the number one thing ALL of us want (separate permissions) is something we had before the BfA prepatch, rather than new improvements that would make guilds totally awesome (and easier to manage).

6 Likes

Right?! Imagine if for BfA Blizzard had

1. Not changed guilds in the first place.

but then released some kind of statement like this…

1. “What kinds of improvements would people like to see for guilds?”

Instead we have almost a year of yelling at Blizzard to just revert the stupid changes that literally no one asked for. And not once has anyone stepped in to say why these changes represent an improvement.

It’s worse in every way. And them saying they want more feedback at this point is just…

It’s really frustrating.

6 Likes

Well, I think the changes happened because of unintended consequences. They wanted to integrate guilds and the new community function, but they didn’t check to see what would happen when they did so. They didn’t remove the granular permissions on purpose, it was just a consequence that they didn’t consider ahead of time.

Now they’re stuck with trying to undo a mess without further breaking either the communities or guilds. While the best results would be to break it all down and start over, they can’t do that now that everything is live. So they’re probably going to try to patch something in, sometime. However, it’s apparently not a “priority” for them right now, so they string us along with requests for more feedback.

What? Me jaded? Naahhh. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

While the prospect of a new and improved Guild control interface sounds delightful, I am worried that anyone who might’ve been taking notes with the intention of developing a presentation to developers is now in the long line at the Unemployed Game-makers Union Hall. Between Blizz/Activ’s 800 folks and EA’s 300 folks, plus several other studios that closed recently that’s a lot of game-production and services employees pounding sand.

Blizzard even told investors that the layoffs might negatively impact their production (No duh!) and projects will no doubt be delayed. But then it just goes to show that Blizzard’s loyalty has shifted from its customers to its investors. I guess that’s because as a customer, my money goes into the company just like an investor, but unlike the investor, my money can’t come back out. I was okay with that when the quality of service was reasonable. But now I feel like Activision Blizzard wants WoW to be a box game like all the other games Activision has released. Put it on a shelf and sell it; no maintenance, no support, no hotfixes or patches. Gone are the days of person-to-person support in WoW.

I’m sure if someone walked into the office at Irvine, they’ll likely find a trail of papers leading to the employee parking lot. And amongst the pink slips and circled wanted ads, there’s a Post-it sticky that reads, “Guild control suggestions” lying on the floor with them. That is assuming Blizzard also fired the custodial staff since they were deemed unnecessary like so many other service personnel in the building.

6 Likes

Next patch notes:

Guild controls have been fully restored, but are only accessible from a smartphone app.

“Do you guys not have phones?”

6 Likes

Continuing through the thread. Here’s a nice suggestion for a guild perk:

Since this falls under perks, it’s not a major priority, but it would be a useful addition to guilds. Not as useful as, say, separated guild permissions, but still useful.

5 Likes