The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes

This is pretty much why I’ve been going back and pulling up posts from earlier in the thread. We got told by Blizz that they wanted more feedback, and I thought, “Haven’t we given enough already?” I figured they must have skipped many of the posts in this thread (much like Che-whoever seems to do), so I go back, read through (I skip nothing), and quote posts that really strike a chord in me.

5 Likes

This is sort of cheating, but this post from August 9 seems relevant to me:

Note: The first paragraph is quoting an earlier post by Beteljuice, but it kinda looks like the whole thing is from me. I don’t want anyone to get thrown off by the quote not showing up as an obvious quote.

7 Likes

Blizzard:

You know what happens when you put in a single checkbox that gives a ton of power under one umbrella?

Baron Corbin. THAT’S what happens.

C’mon, be better than this.

Give us the deets on the fix, yo!

9 Likes

At least Alexa got her concussion cleared, :smiley:

But yeah, why is this still unanswered.

2 Likes

What’s this… another week gone by with no communication from Blizzard???

Who would have thought it was possible… they’re certainly doing their best to ignore the problem till it goes away.

3 Likes

We are still having to deal with this mess! Perhaps a fix in the patch? Yes, No? Maybe?

3 Likes

Unlikely as there isn’t one on the PTR.

I find it astounding that Blizz has still not made any official statement on their view of the state of the guild interface. Whether it is the all-encompassing Officer flag, the bugs with new UI, or all the great suggestions for improvement, there is more than enough material here for them to at least tell us what they think about the future. We are almost at the next content patch, continued silence does not bode well for how important Blizz thinks guilds are to this game. At this point it appears that most people (rightly) have stopped insisting that the changes be “reverted”, and have simply asked for a reasonable set of changes (with compelling arguments) to allow their guild to be run in a safe, reliable and fun way. Please Blizz, do not make the same mistake you made originally and suddenly release a “fix” on us without sufficient testing and comment from us. But please do let us know that you intend to fix things because being a guild leader should be rewarded, not punished.

8 Likes

I came across this post (from Aug 10) with some really good suggestions that I feel could use additional exposure. I only quoted part of the post, so feel free to go back and look at the original.

7 Likes

I have unsubbed partly due to this issue, combine it with the lack of legit reasoning behind changing racial motivations I am out.

4 Likes

The real answer is that Bliz is earnestly trying to kill off guilds.

4 Likes

Checking in again to make sure my voice is heard. Everyone contributing to this discussion needs to keep doing so. So far we’ve been ignored.

As of right now, I haven’t assigned anyone in our guild with the “Is Officer” box since there are certain permissions I will not assign to anyone in the guild, regardless of rank. As a result of this, nobody in the guild has access to any of those eight privileges since they’re all lumped together in a one-size-fits-all definition of “an officer,” as defined by some Blizzard employee.

Please give us the individual permission customization we had prior to patch 8.0. That’s it. That’s all I’m asking for.

For further recommendations to help guild management, add a complete log/record system for the guild bank so the guild master can keep track of cumulative records on gold deposits, gold repairs, gold withdraws, item deposits, and item withdraws. If WoW developers can create and maintain a statistics tab with all kinds of totally useless information for my character, they can add a simple feature that lets me keep track of a few guild bank records. That would actually help guilds and their leaders. Many other recommendations have already been made in this thread.

Please address this problem sooner than later. This thread began on July 17. We’re now at December 8. I’m not asking for an apology. Just revert the permissions change. That’s it. Many people have already given detailed explanations and feedback here over these pages. Last time I posted this thread in October it was over 98 pages. Now I don’t see a page count.

You have what you need, and the “discussion” has already occurred. Read it, and pass the information along to the next group of people who need to make the correction. Failure to do so will just further the stereotypes of poor communication at Activision Blizzard.

I will continue to check in here until the change is made. Everyone else needs to do so, too.

Wretchedmist
GM of Obsidian Spur
2004 Horde launch guild

9 Likes

As crazy as it sounds I almost believe it. Blizzard hasn’t done anything positive for guilds in ages, they have done plenty of taking reasons away from being in a guild though.

4 Likes

Agree!.
Not only have I never seen so many unguilded players before Blizzard started 'fixing’cough things but most of them seem to prefer it!

4 Likes

Another detailed post from August 10. This was before some changes were made. I also don’t 100% agree with all the suggestions presented here–but I do think they deserve another look.

5 Likes

I keep looking for a blue answer on this issue.

Blizz, we still don’t like this changes, please revert them.
Also, this:

(i know that is not main topic on this thread, still worth to mention it)

4 Likes

I for one would like to see this poster’s question answered.

4 Likes

Bliz’s lack of response to this issue is one of the reasons I unsubbed yesterday. Their NOT paying attention is more than I can take anymore.

5 Likes

Oh they know this thread is here, they’re just hoping we give up and it dies off.

2 Likes

Well im not going away!

3 Likes