The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

Please revert these changes Blizz. I've run out of anything else to say,everyone has said everything already
Yes, yes. The 'morally gray' thing is embarrassing for Blizz.

But do not forget this awful, unwanted structure change.

Simply awful. Revert. I could outline why but it's been done a million times.

We did not ask for this, I'm not sure why this was greenlit.
I really thought this Guild permissions thing and our pleas to fix them would have been for sure seen by people who could help when this thread and the permissions became an article subject for Blizz Watch. :(

Please Blizzard, give us back our tailored guild permissions. Keep the UI. All we want is the ability to run our guilds as we see fit and this is just not working for any of us.
08/01/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Keiralynn
Please Blizzard, give us back our tailored guild permissions. Keep the UI. All we want is the ability to run our guilds as we see fit and this is just not working for any of us.
08/01/2018 02:14 PMPosted by Fumel
07/31/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Carthorinn

I hear you and I understand that point but if there are 10 pages of just bumps than people aren't going to read the thread LOL
Well, here's the thing.

There was a good long thread about the Bronze Tinted sunglasses and transmog in general. The discussion was consolidated into a single thread--just like this one. But because it wasn't anywhere nearly as important as this one, people stopped posting in it daily.

I made a post a number of weeks after my last one, just to mention that transmog restrictions were still an issue and to restate the idea I had had that could be a compromise. There were some posts made after my bump--but then the thread got locked for being a "necro". And Blizzard can assume no one cares about that issue any more.

Now, this guild UI problem is way bigger than transmog, but I'm still afraid the thread will get locked if we don't have a daily post (preferably several) in it. Of course it would be better if the posts had something new to offer, and it would be even better if folks restrained from insulting Blizzard or its employees.

Am I being paranoid? Probably. This issue isn't likely to drop off the radar any time soon. But I still don't want it to get swept under a virtual rug.

So I post, even if my post only boils down to, "Please fix this, Blizz!"

I didn't think this could be a reality but then I have noticed an increasing number of issues that have caused a surge in the general discussion forum. Let's do our best to keep this front and center not only for guild leadership but also for the player base that uses the forums.
As a Guild Master, this really does hinder the way I have my guild set up. I would have different ranks with the rights to do some thing's other's could not, such as one could join officer chat and other's would have to move up the ranks to do such a thing. But to be honest there is no way in heck I am giving that one button "officer" to ranks that are not an actual officer.

Can someone simply explain to me what truly was wrong with it? I honestly couldn't find a thing wrong with how it was, Why are some thing's turning into if it's not broke fix it anyway? As I've tried to explain it's like buying a BMW and smashing it with a sledgehammer and calling it a mercedes, that's just not how thing's work.
08/01/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Roxzis
Can someone simply explain to me what truly was wrong with it?
I believe the issue wasn't that there was anything wrong, but that Blizzard wanted to integrate the new Communities feature with the Guild feature. I honestly don't know why that required all the permissions to be on one rank. I don't know if the current state was intentional or a bug.

Honestly, that's one of the driving factors in the frustration here--not knowing if it's a bug or "working as intended". While I understand Blizz not making any responses when they don't have anything to actually say, I do think at this point someone should acknowledge our concerns.
Not all officer are created equal, much like managers IRL.
08/01/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Sile
08/01/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Roxzis
Can someone simply explain to me what truly was wrong with it?
I believe the issue wasn't that there was anything wrong, but that Blizzard wanted to integrate the new Communities feature with the Guild feature. I honestly don't know why that required all the permissions to be on one rank. I don't know if the current state was intentional or a bug.

Honestly, that's one of the driving factors in the frustration here--not knowing if it's a bug or "working as intended". While I understand Blizz not making any responses when they don't have anything to actually say, I do think at this point someone should acknowledge our concerns.

Thank you for the reply, It's just really..really odd, that things would be "set up" this way, Please note I'm using " " to show if it's a bug or as you said working as need be. But, truly if this is working as need be, they're truly removing the choice a GM has in how they run their guild and how one processes things within their guild. Just wish they would leave "choice" to the players more, but if this is how it's going to be, All we can do is try to voice how we feel with reason and with of course examples.
While we're on the topic, I'd like to add some more constructive criticism about guild interfaces. This isn't jumping on the bandwagon for anti-communities (though I'll reiterate my previous posts shortly and say permissions need to be reinstated and these terrible bugs need fixing), but adding new suggestions to give devs more to think about:

The guild news system is very out-of-date and could use some touching up. It automatically tracks the following:

Tracks:
• Current content epics and legendaries
• Leveling (also automatically stickies these), PvP (some of these are automatically stickied) and reputation achievements
• Guild boss kills (automatically stickies end-boss kills)

Now I could be missing something else, but this means that there's a lot of stuff missing from this list. For example, there's no tracking of raid, pet battle or many other achievements. There's no way to turn off the automatic stickying of someone's alt hitting level 60, and there's no way to automatically sticky some other things (such as looted legendaries).

Here's what I'd love, if we had some options for added control:
• Options to auto-sticky types of information, or turn off others
• Ability to show/hide certain types of information (for example, disabling even tracking achievements for hitting level 80, or ability to turn on tracking mount-gain achievements)
• Guild permissions that allow you to choose which ranks can mess with the above controls
• And an extreme: filters that players can personally turn on/off if they want to show/hide certain things in the guild news.

Finally, I believe it was mentioned previously in the thread; it would be a wonderful idea if we could have a way of making the GMotD more in-your-face so that members actually see it (and perhaps an option to disable that if some find it too intrusive). The old, old guild roster actually used to have the GMotD on the same tab as the member list - I've never since had people see the GMotD as much as then.
I remember page 3 like it was yesterday :(

This is becoming sad, just down right sad.
keeping this on page 1 for visibility.
I cannot believe this is still live in its current state.
08/02/2018 05:30 AMPosted by Ssleak
I cannot believe this is still live in its current state.

Sadly, I can believe it....
Bumping, this needs addressed big time. :(
Bump
08/01/2018 09:15 PMPosted by Sile
Honestly, that's one of the driving factors in the frustration here--not knowing if it's a bug or "working as intended".

THIS! An acknowledgement that its a bug hey we are working on it and we will have an answer for you (even if it is soon™), or a confirmation that this is "Working as intended" so we customers can make an informed reasoned choice about our entertainment spending for the future and whether or not ATVI will play any part in that.
My mom, who has never played a video game, asked what I've been up to lately. "Trying to fix my guild," I replied. She asked what was wrong with it, so I explained the changes to permissions.

She said, "That sounds like going backwards. Why would they do that?"

I'd love to be able to answer her question. A little help, Blizzard?
So I've been using the new guild interface (not on this character). I have a couple of family banking guilds, one for each faction, that all my other characters belong to. I often pull up the roster to remind myself who is my enchanter ot whatever on the realm I happen to playing on (because I can't remember all the details about my every alt). I used to just click on the guild and pull up the roster which was ordered in the way I'd left it. Now I have to mess around multi-clicking to get to the profession list every time. This is really annoying when I'm going through various alts working on professions.

Summary: I still hate the new interface! I hate it more every day. It's a mess.

Why do computer programmers think it's an advance to make something more complicated and give it a bunch of features that nobody wants while either deleting old and useful features, or fixing things so that you have to do one heck of a lot more clicking to get at the stuff you want.
Again the OP was very precise regarding what the issue is:

> New Permissions UI: https://i.imgur.com/v7WlrcH.png
> Old Permissions UI: https://i.imgur.com/Fi55wGh.png

The new permissions break the way guilds normally control ranks, promote people, give rewards, control raid teams, add notes, even control civility in the game, removing much of the said control a traditional guild has.

In this thread we have explained how this issue continues to cause problems for us, I personally have gone to Twitter and messaged multiple devs and found websites who have pointed out the flaws with the new system.

We still have not received one solid Blue / Dev response over this issue.

Although at least two MVP's in the forum communities have spoken for us.

Please Blizzard I understand you are very busy regarding the new expansion, I understand you have the big reveals coming before the release however this shouldn't be a problem that continues until that time.

The permissions need to be fixed and either reverted back to their original panel or changed so that we have more granularity in a new permissions panel.

The Community UI panel works but again its like an abomination with parts thrown in together for no real reason. The older panel presented more information about guild users, such as a complete list of who is exhaulted with the guild, how many users are on versus how many users are in the guild, in a smaller footprint. (Type /groster in game to see the smaller panel.)

Its true Guildmasters can have control over communities they create for themselves, and that is awesome, but in reality its meant for everyone to be able to use and create groups. Its basically a more visible form of channel creation in the game, which I illustrated earlier in this thread. This in essence makes it non-guild related interface, since players can create their own communities and do whatever they want with them.

Worse part is while communities seem related to guilds they can be used to undermine rather than support a guild. I illustrated this earlier by listing the abuses of such a system. So while the implementation of communities as they are works it does not work in conjunction with Guild Control so having them pushed together into one interface actually covers up the issues that come about.

For example: if I make people a leader / moderator of my community channel that does not necessarily mean they are leaders in the guild. Which is awesome, however the permissions that you guys set up in the guild controls seem to have wanted to tie up the two. You can't do that because not all players are officers in the guild.

So again please fix the permissions because it seems like the permissions were a jumble you had one way of thinking about communities and another about guilds and someone made a mistake or tried to implement the same set of rules for both and that doesn't work.

Revert the old permissions allow us to choose the old guild interface from a button at the bottom of the community panel and remove all the extra fluff of guilds in the community panel. Give us a solid separation between the two.

If later on you want to update the guild roster window you can do so but establish that communities and guild control are separate.