The new Guild UI and Permissions...yikes (Part 1)

Jokes aside, it would be nice if we saw some news about the scheduled guild updates. While I really want the permissions fixed, I can’t help but wonder if they’ve added any cool new stuff. Guild halls? Guild quests? Are they going to implement another guild leveling system?

There have been so many things mentioned in this thread that I can’t believe they won’t have acted on at least one or two of them. The suspense is killing me! (No, not literally. Sheesh.)

2 Likes

I don’t know what will make me happier, getting the guild permissions fixed, or being able to put this thread to rest because of the permissions finally getting fixed.

This thread has been going on now for what will be six years in July. True, there have been only a dedicated few of us regularly contributing for the last several of those years, but that’s not the point. The permissions screw-up was unintentional, according to Ion. And, also according to Ion, they’ve been working on a fix since it happened.

While it never should have gone on this long, the announcement of guild updates is the first hint we’ve had that maybe, just maybe, this will be coming to an end soon. I don’t even want to contemplate the idea that the updates might not include a fix for the permissions.

2 Likes

and still not fixed…

2 Likes

Am I the only one confused by the notes on the Dark Heart "prepatch’? I can’t find anything about guilds, which I thought were being updated with the prepatch. Am I just incapable of searching stuff (entirely possible) or are there no guild updates included yet?

1 Like

Guild updates is in the prepatch after 10.2.7

2 Likes

Oh, okay. Thank you so much. I’m easily confused, I guess.

1 Like

Even though the guild changes are due after 10.2.7 I will not count my chickens until I see the granular guild controls returned and alive in game.

Why take the pedal off the metal when it is clear Ion hasn’t been listening for nearly six years.

1 Like

Yes. The changes happened after a prepatch went live, with no forewarning during any of the testing. Though it would be nice if they announced whatever updates they’re planning, we can trust nothing until we see it in game.

1 Like

Now that’s not fair. He’s been paying close attention to the voices in his head the entire time.

2 Likes

Well, they DO appear to have broken something in social again - I can’t see half the people online in my guild now! Happy patch?

4 Likes

I’ve in the same boat. I was wondering if it was due to most of my guild being alliance. I know another guildie can see everyone online. :melting_face:

1 Like

Oh, dear. With luck they’ll fix it quickly. Since my guild is dead, no one is ever online for me to see, so I wouldn’t have noticed this.

2 Likes

Yeah, we were trying to make some sort of sense of it, but it didn’t appear to track with faction or with connected realm, nor did it seem to have any correlation to guild rank or longevity. Some folks can see everyone, some folks can see some others, but the ones people can see aren’t consistent among the afflicted either.

My rogue friend who’s toon is named invisib*** is much more accurate than usual, I must say.

3 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible for Blizz to screw up guilds more than they already had when they broke permissions years ago…and yet…here we are, only able to see people who log on after you…

3 Likes

If there’s one thing I’m sure of, it’s that screwing up further is ALWAYS on the table.

4 Likes

Still wondering if they’ll ever fix this.

2 Likes

Someone has looked at this thread 220k times, but it’s only been posted on 5.5k. I’m betting all those lurkers weren’t on the payroll.

Wait, there’s a payroll? How do I get on it?

I mean, if anyone was getting paid for this, it dang sure ought to be me or Fumel. Now I feel cheated. :angry:

2 Likes

Look at the “for hire” stuff for Blizz. 16/hr answers a lot of questions we all have.

1 Like

I bet I can not answer questions just as well as they don’t answer them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes