The new assassin's creed trailer is a good representation of alliance and horde

The Alliance typically casts the Horde as brute, unfeeling monsters whose only goal in life is murder and wanton destruction: fully incapable of anything that is typically attributed as to human qualities or characteristics irl.

They typically find it fully impossible that they’re actually people at all, muchless good people, preferring the idea that the Horde is comprised of monsters.

In the video, Alfred says the danes are heartless.
-We’re shown that the danes care for eachother.

Alfred states they’re godbless barbarians as a way to make them seem lesser than.
-We’re immediately shown that they do worship.

Alfred states they murder and kill blindly.
-We’re immediately shown that the danes spare people who aren’t warriors. Later on in the video, we see them playing with the children they spared in the battle.

Alfred states that the danes scar (scour? I’m hard of hearing.) the lands of england, which he states that they’ll never defend or love.
-We’re shown the danes building their settlements, putting down roots in an idyllic, unblemished region.

Furthermore, we’re shown in the battle that the danes are the underdogs, overwhelmed and at sometimes outpowered by the better equipped, (sometimes literally) larger saxon forces.

Hordeside we’re always aflush with quests for saving the weak and downtrodden. The Horde defends their lands. They care about them, a really good example of this is the Frostwolf clan. They’re definitely the underdogs as the Alliance always has a full caste of Demi God characters.

Edit: Hey Alliance fans: It’s hard, undeniable canon that we were saving civilians during the War of Thorns.

11 Likes

How? (This should have been in your post.)

Added it to the OP. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Yea, if only the Horde did that too :thinking:

Most of the things you said are the direct opposite of today’s Horde.

Well to be fair I guess the Horde can’t play with the children if they just burn thousands of them alive instead :woman_shrugging:

31 Likes

It is a way they could present the difference between the Alliance and the Horde. Sadly, if that was the way they wanted to present them, in reality it isn’t really close. I don’t see Horde soldiers playing with the children of Brennadam any time soon.

17 Likes

Nah.

I didn’t see any edgy gothic women ghosting through non brits sniping everything sight with black arrows or dark magic.

1 Like

Teldrassil, Theramore, Dreanor…

Wasn’t Jaina’s apprentice a child? And I wonder how many children didn’t get out of Teldrassil? How many died in the sacking of Stormwind? How many Dreanei children died on The Path of Glory or in Shattrath?

The Horde settled in a barren wasteland and continued to steal or try to bulldoze their was they Ashenvale as if they have some right to Kaldorei resources.

22 Likes

the Horde are like this fictional, white-washed take at Vikings written by a French developer in a way that Villianizes the English.

30 Likes

Blizz really ruined all moral parity between the factions with BFA.

You can’t have one side turn a blind eye to the literal genocide of a race and build a narrative around “conflict of interest.”

Horde in BFA was a warcrime simulator led by an obviously evil leader who showed disdain for damn near everything, including her own faction, throughout this game’s lifespan.

Alliance was given the moral high-ground since pre-patch and led by a magical boyscout whose very tears revive the dead.

We got a long way to go before we can get back to moral parity and a legitimate narrative built around conflict of interest. Honestly would be better to timeskip 100 years in the future than try to repair the current Horde cast who reacted to their ongoing genocide and civilian death toll until way too late.

Every single character was either too cowardly, stupid, or evil to do what needed to be done. Except Saurfang, who was a quitting defeatist.

46 Likes

I get where you’re coming from with this, I totally do, but including the two totally different hordes and comparing them as if they were one in the same (genocides besides the point) would be like me comparing everything the current Night Elves do and say with everything Azhara did in the past and calling them the same.

1 Like

Well, sure. Because Blizzard wrote the Horde that way.

They do. And did specifically in the WoT. Maybe not in every engagement, but they did.

Guess we’ll never know. May as well be trillions according to Elesana.

Not enough. But seriously, that was not the current Horde.

LOL! So true.

I really dislike what they did to him.

:cactus:

4 Likes

Not only that, but now that they have Azshara for their ressources they invaded the Night Elves yet again and commited genocide against innocents and destroyed their lands for ressources

There is no good in the Horde, at all.

2 Likes

In get what you’re saying as well but there is a clear pattern of behavior. The horde at large isn’t responsible for the acts prior to coming to Azeroth or Stormwind, that’s the Orc’s. That said, they all share responsibility for Teldrassil and Theramore. Just as the old horde willingly (even those who didn’t drink the blood) followed Blackhand and Doomhammer the new Horde willingly followed Sylvanas. They even followed Garrosh, although I’ll admit that situation was different. So even though I don’t think you were debating this point, the OP’s notion about the horde sparing children and non combatants is ridiculous.

15 Likes

The thing here pal is that Blizzard writers have two main flaws. The first one being culturally unaware of their racist narrative they had weaved for years where they everyone but humans as dirt that barely are capable of exist and the second one is that they can’t think of anything original and recycle the same plots as it was a comic.

I know the videogame industry doesn’t have many writers available in hire right now but I can’t believe how both the management and the writing team seems like they were hired from some place where writers go when their script for a C movie is rejected.

18 Likes

I disagree. The Horde is still the Horde. There are just more members in it now. But the Horde we know today was formed by the suvivors of the very same Horde from the first war and Outland.

And those new members chose to side with the very same people who made the Path of Glory. And later worked with them to nuke Theramore and burn down Teldrassil.

So yeah. The Horde is still the Horde.

3 Likes

We will just have to agree to disagree on that reach. :hugs:

The US was formed by men who once fought for the British Empire and had British Citizenship, so the revolutionary war was a war fought between Great Britain and Great Britain to form Great Britain.

3 Likes

America was also formed 200 years ago.

The Horde was formed like, what, 40 years ago? And don’t forget, Thrall freed the Orcs from internment camps, and reformed the Horde. How do you think those Orcs got in there?

That means the Orcs still have the very same people who helped make the Path of Glory, in their ranks. Just look at Saurfang, for example. He’s been being honored as a hero and idolized. And he totally participated back then.

7 Likes

And he admits to that plenty in the last few cinematics and calls anyone who preaches the honor card to him basically an idiot. And in the end he is right. Hopefully with the end of BfA we won’t see faction warfare on a large scale that irreparably damages both sides story and causes divide among the player base for a long time.

3 Likes

Just because he admits to doing wrong, that doesn’t absolve him of the crimes he commited. He still willingly participated in multiple genocides.

But hey, at least he feels bad about it. I guess that’s more than other renowned and honored Horde heroes can say, like Grom Hellscream or Orgrim Doomhammer.

3 Likes

I never said it absolved him for any of it?

The story forum always makes me feel like ally posters want the horde and it’s players to be punished for the horrendous writing by blizzard.

:man_shrugging: Could just be me.

10 Likes