The Multibox Pendulum

You might be the first or second person I wasn’t able to find common ground with. I appreciate your feedback on the topics though.

I agree, ban all multiboxers and botters.

LOL nice. You agree what who what when where why?

With banning multiboxers.

I remember when this video was released. If I am remembering correctly it was right around the time the first software input broadcasting changes went live. Even if input broadcasting was being used here, there was a bot behind it.

The evidence for this is obvious if you know what to look for and understand how the /follow command works in game. When a multiboxer is playing, characters move around by using that /follow command. Generally each game client is referred to as a slot and then a number. For instance: slot 1, slot 2, slot 3, … slot N. In a 5 client setup there are 5 slots. The multiboxing software has an addon that automatically creates macros that change who is “the leader” when the player takes control of a different client.

By default, followers trail the leader in a straight line. ISBoxer uses the plain game follow command in it’s macros. With no third party addon macros involved, slot 2 through slot 5 will be clumped on top of each other, occupying the exact same space.

While it is possible to use a separate WoW addon to make characters follow someone other than the leader, this still looks different than this video. In fact it looks like a train. Basically slot 2 follows slot 1, slot 3 follows 2, 4 follows 3 and 5 follows 4. There would be even spacing between each character and when they stop they would be spaced according to normal /follow distance.

In that image loop you can see multiple groups of boomkins moving in different directions, many are so close to other toons that they can’t be following. There are at least 3 different groups of boomkins operating in different areas of the map. Some run in a circle, some run back and forth across a non-linear arc. It just is not possible to do this if you’re only using input broadcasting software. The movement clearly violates the expected behavior if this was a case of input broadcasting ONLY.

This is a botter, plain and simple.

2 Likes

They seem to be capable of carefully weeding out players that exploit game mechanics while not punishing those who did not. Just look back to the Scarlet Monastery exploit that happened in WoW classic in Sept of 2019. Don’t kid yourself, if they wanted to do it they could. “Weed whack” is not the only approach available either. At

Earlier in the year I wrote a very well thought out post advocating for a multiboxing only server. I had a series of suggestions that would result in a server that bots and multiboxers could be “banished” to and never transfer off of. I specifically included bots because I know some multiboxers who would love to take the gloves off and PVP the bots while they were on the server. Least

Despite my constructive and well though out idea, there was the typical wave of mouth breathing forum trolls just spewing the same anti-multiboxing tirades. I suspect that because my post was less than 20 words, they didn’t bother to actually read it. The people who did read it and were clearly not also multiboxers tended to support it if they weren’t blind with rage against the idea of multiboxing in some over simplified form. Some

Here you can read it for yourself. Oh wait, no you can’t. The same forum scabs that furiously vomit on every multiboxing post reported it so many times the system automatically delisted it and now it was removed entirely. Private

Every time I post in threads like this one, no matter how good or bad, I realize it is such a waste of my time. Too many people in threads like this one are only here because they know multiboxing is a topic where they can post pretty much whatever they want and get away with it. Servers

Let’s be honest, too many of the multiboxing haters just thrive on outrage. They either live for the outrage or they get off on the illusion of occupying a moral high ground. Most cannot spare the energy or mental stress to read an argument and consider the merits of the thread’s perspective (if any). They only have energy to read the word “multiboxing” and then vomit out the same tired diatribes against a bad guy they feel safe lashing out at. Allow

It really is quite sad. So is the fact that I bothered typing this out. Why do I even bother? Oh yeah, because I had a lot of fun playing my way and I never was never doing things that everyone associates with multiboxers ruining the game. Multiboxing

3 Likes

Your thoughts and ideas are welcome here. And the conversations here I feel have been productive. If you want to repost the now “private” post feel free to do so.

Yeah, that is on me, I did not mean to go off you or anything like that. I’m sure you know this is a well worn topic and there is just so much misinformation out there. I appreciate you sharing that animated image because it gave us an opportunity to point out the specific ways this is not just multiboxing. You can consider my energetic response as being targeted at the general forum audience and not specifically at you.

1 Like

I like your qualification of how botters can also multibox. To them I say: ruin and misfortune to all Mutibotboxers. Long live the true multiboxers (just not in this game).

1 Like

TL:DR: multiboxer is sad that he can’t get away with cheating anymore.

playing a vulpera warlock is cheating too. how do you sleep at night?

TL:DR, yet you still decided to post a response. Which I’ll take very lightly since you didn’t read… because it was too long… LOL. Cheating is all relative. Is there ways to cheat both as a multiboxer and as a single character player, of course there are. I don’t think that was really my position at all. If you don’t like multiboxing that is fine. I’m merely asking for Devs to throw us a bone. Your one line response was meant to be antagonistic but I think you missed the mark completely with where this discussion has been.

1 Like

On top of a pillow made from slightly charred moonkin feathers, with a waterbed of multiboxer tears.

Playing multibox goes against the spirit of the game… You are supposed to be a hero going on quests and adventures. This isn’t warcraft 3 where you control a squad or an entire army… using multibox also negates team building and the social aspect of finding groups for dungeons and other content. Even if it were harmless which it is absolutely not it still has no place in this game

I’ve always said cheating is what the developers say is cheating :man_shrugging: If Blizz decides tomorrow that they are going to keep pathfinder but allow players to use 3rd party software to fly then that’s not cheating anymore. If they say all addons are now forbidden then you better not have Bagnon installed anymore because that’s cheating :laughing: But I am a strictly by the book kind of person, I don’t get into

It’s either against the rules or it’s not.

I don’t know anyone that multiboxxes 100% of the time, it’s usually just something they do when they feel like doing it, just like me playing Classic wow :laughing: You’ll still see me in your random heroics :heart:

That’s not how this work, not how any of this works. Most uneducated answer against multiboxing. Only ONE character can get a node. Nodes do not share in group. So what if four tons controlled by one person runs at a node, only one gets it. So what if 4 toons are camped at four spots clicking for nodes. Still not going to get more nodes than one person running around farming. The only two valid arguments against multiboxing that make any sense are PvP which is a stretch and gold farming.

PvP - no different than four people running together, you are still going to die. Only thing is, when you kill one multibox toon, you take out all four. Because the multiboxer has to rez that one and can’t play the others. So, not a problem.

Gold farming - Okay. valid point but gold farming drives down the prices of everything. Meaning you have more gold for more items.

I thought hardware was allowed but no software ?

Like i thought if you could get one keyboard to connect to 5 computers and you pressed each button that they where okay with that ?
was there another change after first announced no more input software way way back ?

They aren’t in groups. I love how you come out punching when you’re clueless.

Nodes have a max 10 tap limit. This was changed in Legion. 10 players can each hit the same node before it despawns. This has been explained many times and many multiboxers have bragged out it on these forums.

There was an update: Policy Update for Input Broadcasting - May 2021