The Most Trustworthy on the Story Forums

why do we have to wait so long, i’ve been a poster for years.

Jeez blizzard one burning of teldrassil and suddenly i’m not trust worthy!

1 Like

What does that even mean? 15 days since you’ve been subbed to WoW? 15 days since your first post on the forums? Making at least one post on 15 different days? Keep our web browser open to the forums for a total of 360 hours?

What a bizarre metric to determine “trustworthiness”.

You have to visit the forum 15 days. not in a row or in a row doesn’t matter just come here 15 total days and I imagine read something when you visit.

That is quite possibly the dumbest metric I’ve seen.

What’s level three? Mailing a check to Bliz HQ?

Hey just replied.

From a Green poster.

Can I bail on reply notifications? Notifications are cancer.

This just doesn’t make sense to me. You’re trustworthy as long as you visit the forums at least once each day? That doesn’t encourage constructive posting. It rewards concerned citizens and forum troglodytes equally.

1 Like

Really not a fan of being unable to post links that aren’t youtube or twitch. Can’t use imgur to post screenshots even.

1 Like

Click on your character picture in the upper right corner of the site. Click the cog and go to notifications and change them however you want there.

2 Likes

I know at level 3 you can post gifs and such so I imagine at level 3 you can probably post imgur links and so on but I’m not sure because I think only MVPs are level 3 at the moment.

But it’s the only way they can keep you from doing something evil, like linking to WoWpedia?

Urghh.

fick’s sake, Blizzard, we’re posting on a forum, not presenting our thesis.

Those really seem like they’d encourage a lot of vapidness and trading (“Hey guyz come like my posts so I can get level 3” or “We need to spam flag this guy’s posts”). Granted the latter probably won’t work so well if they’re subjected to actual review, but still.

3 Likes

Kelrexia, I’m surprised at you. Why would they need to actually subject them to review when they can just they’re under review, automate it, and then maybe do spot-checking of the ones that get appealed and reverse from that much smaller handful.

You’re right honeytusks, that’s far more likely

Also I can’t say a particular word but I can use this emote: :fu: (not directed at you, HT)

2 Likes

Huh. The top post includes a summary of how long they think it takes to read a thread. Due to Blizzard’s shoddy work, a mere 138 posts is estimated to take 43 minutes to get through.

2 Likes

I’m really not a fan of the nested replies and infinitely-loading posts on a single page. I’m not sure why page numbers were dropped, and I prefer using my browser’s scroll bar and it quickly turns atom-sized as soon as more posts start to load. :confused:

2 Likes

Well I’d advised agaisnt scrolling through this entire thread. It’d take a while.

2 Likes

For some reason, this reminded me of old-school window stretching when Internet forums were a brand new thing.

This was the thought I had as well… “Let’s trade likes so we can be level three!”

@Kelrexia, because I don’t see a quote button on this new format… Time to go hunt for that…