The most in touch dev at Blizzard

Blizzard, its sad to say but IMHO the best decision by a developer this expac was the person who put the boards on the ship in Boralus that lets Alliance players jump from the dock to the ship.

I know everyone will say I am joking but the more I think about this change, the more it amazes me. It tells me at least one dev at Blizzard gets it. They get player behavior.

Just think about it. When every other dev / map maker wants more maze like designs (for instance that path of turn right, go down stairs, u-turn, go upstairs, turn right) or just jump across? There is NO fun in following the maze, however trying to make the jump (and sometimes missing it) IS fun!

Seriously, this person needs to be you next lead dev…

12 Likes

I’d nominate Xelnath, but he was fired for being too good at his job.

They would have “gotten” it better if the stairs leading to the lower level Boralus docks were at the end of the marketplace level instead of a fence with a doorway to the portal room underneath.

Honestly, I don’t think the “devs” are the real problem.

It’s the suits in marketing and finance that are ruining everything with their metrics.

Be glad they took steps to make Boralus better. Meanwhile I’ll enjoy the fact I have to take a flight path to get from my M+ chest/bank to my mission table/boat to go to Kul’tiras/island expedition/warfront queues.

Oh but let me get on my mount and fall off the pyramid to get to my Scrapper/profession trainers.

I keep hating Dazar’alor more and more…

1 Like

Normally, I’d agree that the suits are generally the ones ruining things, but from what I’ve seen of past designer’s interactions with the community, they seem to be at fault.

Legion beta was very telling, with a certain tablet user.

2 Likes

The top Devs are the suits now I think. Brack needs to do something about this.

They should put a Lock gate going from the pyramid to the boat, the fp isnt fast enougj imo

It is useful, for sure. But I am kind of disappointed they took away my little challenge.

1 Like