The Mok'Nathal

That’s just a testament to how cool a guy he is. He’s willing to let you feel like you’re in charge.

…you’re not though. Rexxar is in charge.

3 Likes

I leveled the minimum I had to in AU Draenor. I hate it because of the whole concept of time/dimension traveling.

It needs to be more isolated from the main storyline even now.

I want the portal removed from the portal room. It doesn’t make any sense to be there.

I do like that it was dimension hopping rather than time travel. Because I believe outside like sitcom esque episodic stories time travel ruins w/e story it’s in unless it’s a story specifically about time travel.

So it being an alternate dimension worked for me narratively. The trouble for me was they never expanded on that idea. You’d think rather than Legion, the next step would be AU Azeroth whivh obviously skipped the whole Dark Portal event.

So then we could’ve had an Azeroth where since the Orcs were a non-starter, perhaps Legion agents have turned up to corrupt some human kingdoms, who are almost certainly at war due to the lack of any external threat.

You could even do some fun stuff like Forsaken talking to their still living alt selves or Prime Nelves trying to coax their AU counterparts out of isolation. The Windrunner sisters see a version of themselves that are still just a happy family. Anduin sees much the same.

It seems almost like Eden to some races/characters but then of course we see that without all the calamity the three wars brought, Azeroth would’ve been swiftly overrun and be a hellworld with the Legion and Black Empire squabbling over what remains.

Could’ve been neat. But with AU Draenor being just a weird one off aside the whole idea feels entirely out of place.

2 Likes

I want the Mok’Nathal as a Allied Race or Orc Customization Options.

2 Likes

I support this if it brings more options to pick the body corpulence in the playable races. I want to play a bulky Forest Troll while humans players can pick a slim build

5 Likes

If the alternate dimension is just the same as your dimension, but the timeline was different, it has LITERALLY all the same problems that time travel has.

It should have just been a 2nd Outland continent. Could have done all the same themes: An Iron Horde. An Ogre Empire. Awakened Arrakoa. etc. only with new characters instead of rehashing a bunch of old ones and without a stupid time travel plot.

1 Like

The weirdest thing was while Draenor looks great, because Blizz’s art team always kills it, its conceptually a lot less interesting than Outland.

5 Likes

Not really. you can screw up another Dimension’s timeline without negatively affecting yours and bringing on all the Temporal Paradoxes that would come with it.

Then that would of left the entire plot of MoP completely changed, plus Garrosh would of had less of motivation to start his war there. At most, it would of been a subplot at best.

…how? None of the AU stuff was even introduced until MoP was over?

Why? It’s still his world and his people. Moreso in fact because it’s not some alternate timeline.

rexxars model is pretty ba we need that
also high elves

1 Like

The Mok’nathal have been a forgotten offshoot outside of one village in TBC and a few cameos in WoD. They honestly should stay that way… look at what was done to the Mag’har and Blackrocks when they started getting integrated under Garrosh. The Mag’har had positions within the Kor’kron during the Siege of Orgrimmar and didn’t immediately defect & side with Saurfang. The Mag’har. The Uncorrupted. Watching one of their own tread the same narrow, short-sighted, power-hungry path as his father who nearly damned and doomed their ENTIRE SPECIES. Did worse than doing nothing… they were written as not just complicit, but actively supporting Garrosh’s actions. The Uncorrupted, indeed. Complete waste of a subfaction on incompetent writing.

The Blackrocks and Dragonmaw being brought in - with Zaela and Malkorok at their heads - was a thread that’s been around since legitimately the end of Warcraft 2. This would’ve been an amazing writing opportunity to create a ton of great storylines involving internal friction within the Horde that didn’t result in outright civil war. Nah, we’ll just turn them into raid fodder and make both of their leaders raid bosses and then throw both of these clans away in their entirety.

They at least tried to un-ruin the Mag’har by dragging the WoD Mag’har in as an allied race, but it was simply too little too late. Damage was beyond done. Nevermind the fact that instead of having a ready-to-use racial leader with name recognition and established connection to the old Horde at the head of the Mag’har (Jorin Deadeye)… they created a literally who and stuck her at the head of the AU Draenor Orcs. AN actual, unironic literally who. If you racked a shotugun and put it to my temple I wouldn’t be able to tell you her name without looking it up.

The Mok’nathal are better off being forgotten about. They can’t be ruined if the writers forget they exist.

I think Mok’Nathal would be a cool allied race for Horde. About as big as Tauren, shaped like Orcs with some Ogre features. It’s a good compromise since Ogres the size of Ogres wouldn’t really be feasible for a Horde allied race, as much as we’d all like to see that.

2 Likes