The metallic clanking paladin is no more

hello my fellow paladins if any of you are like me and detest the legion sound effect changes that were made to our spells there is finally a solution. ândo and a friend of his have been working on a sounds addon that lets you mute the audio of abilities and replace them with custom sounds. my blade of justice now sounds like exorcism, my judgement sounds like it was in classic, my tv and divine storm sound amazing. it feels like im playing a paladin again, its awesome

if any of you are interested his btag is Xan#1531 if you would like to make a request. be sure to donate if you like the addon!

4 Likes

Is this add on on curseforge?

not at the moment, add him on bnet and tell him you were referred by me or saw this on the paladin forums and he will provide you with the addon

II just want to know if i can have the cata tv sound

yup thats what i have rn

Ok I guess I need to add him then
Cata tv sound was magical

yea its awesome, it synergizes really well with wakes sound too. makes tv into wake into tv much more satisfying

Oh yeah, pretty sure it does.

Legion ruined a lot of stuff, identity is one of the stuff it ruined.

Imagine thinking new divine storm animation is better than the original, and the sound of most ability too. Judgement aswell.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jc86sY3TQ

heres a clip i made of tv, boj and judgement sounds if you want to hear it

didnt ds in the clip but it sounds exactly like wotlk ds

Not Ilsure I like your choice for judgement but the tv sound gave me an eargasm.

Already sound better. Now we need something to use old animation lmao

bro i wont have any classic judgement slander it sounds 1000x better than the throwing a pan at a wall sound of now. it actually sounds like a holy magical spell again

yes that would be amazing. but ill take bad animations with good sounds over both bad

To be honest I just heard the zeal sound when you use judgement

Wtb wrath divine storm animation as well.

2 Likes

id do anything for the animations man

but at least we can get this, now i dont have to mute my character when doing my rotation

Do you know if he plans to put it on curse? jc

i don’t think so. since the addon has no ui to change and reconfigure things he said curse probably wouldn’t accept it. and appaently the addon can also bug out here and there since there hasn’t been much live testing yet

personally i haven’t experienced any issues but that could prob be attributed to my requests being pretty straightforward

Hello, I’m currently in the process of uploading “RetCustomSounds” to Curse but it seems it takes some time before a project being “approved” is actually available.

I’ve improved Yukina’s version and added a few other sounds from Warcraft 2 and 3, I would share a recording of it but you’ll laugh at my UI.

I’ll bump this as soon as the addon is available on Curse.

3 Likes

The original judgement sound was almost identical to smite, what made it sound so different was the extra 2-3 procs assoated with it (mana buffs and other effects).

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/retcustomsounds

It is now available (it won’t show if you search for it, for some reason).

I need this, blessed hammers sound drives me bonkers

If it’s not on curse I don’t trust it. No offense to anyone. It’s been too many hacks to wow players. That’s why I don’t do weak auras