The Median Score on Raiderio

That’s a good point, there must be like 20 million players.

I already knew a small percentage of players obtain ksm. My viewpoint still stands. The game is balanced around normal raid and mythic plus 7. Perhaps the level of difficulty could be less. Maybe its balanced at lfr and mythic 0.

The game is balanced at this level because clearly most players are at this level

Only if you assume being a doctor makes one smart. :wink:

2 Likes

Looking at the data and being curious is one thing, but you can’t quite possibly come to any sort of conclusion with it. Especially with a statement saying that the average player is only able to clear a +5. There could be a lot of reasons that could contribute to the median being that low and it has nothing to do with their capabilities.

3 Likes

What do you call someone that graduates last in their class in medical school?

Doctor.

7 Likes

I’m convinced I’m met many of these. Had an ER physician tell me once that he thought nursing school was harder than medical school. As I’ve only completed one of those, I can’t personally compare, but boy have I met some doctors who shook my faith in med school.

I should say average character - a player can have more than one character - and the gear for each may be at different level or what have you.

The +5 statement comes from looking over the the characters that are on the median page - most of them seem to have cleared most of the +5s - but there were also some that did a single +10 or something along those lines - I just posted the general impression I got from that page.

The median from raiderio is knowable - its a data point. Nothing more. Nothing less.

4 million individual toons in M+? Your calculations are for all those who HAVE done M+ dungeons. You also should consider these:

How many individual toons are there?
How many toons are at lvl 60?
How many of the toons on raider io are on only one account?

I have a dozen toons at lvl 60 but only a couple that have done M+ content. Does that mean all my toons who haven’t done M+ are bad? Of course not.

EDIT: Also, just thought of this. If there is a toon on raider io who only has done +10 or +15 or both, but nothing in-between, there is a good chance that toon has been boosted.

Is it really the “worst player” or is it the lowest score? Those two are not the same.

1 Like

I have had some bad medical experiences too. I had a doctor diagnose a neck issue as a pulled bicep. Partially in his defense, it was presenting (partially) in my upper arm, but at the same time he was adamant about not needing do do a thorough exam, nevermind xrays. Just gave me a sling and some painkillers and sent me on my way. Went back a week later (different doc) and after I explained my symptoms he was like yeah that’s not your arm, that’s your neck but lets do xrays to make sure.

1 Like

Perhaps I should have said lowest scored character of record on raiderio.

This is just one metric- if its one persons end all and be all in evaluating a player - then to that person it would be the worst player. But there are many different ways of defining worst player - so I leave that up to you.

I think the new valor system throws a wrench in this analysis. Lots of people running low keys on alts because they can just upgrade the gear they get, and they don’t want to deal with pugging 10+. Doesn’t mean they’re incapable of doing it.

1 Like

I feel like a lot of people who do M+/higher keys have some kind of God complex (I could be wrong…). I believe a lot of ppl are capable of doing “high” keys but do not due to irl obligations: work, families, ect ect ect. I have a few accounts that I did low, medium and high keys on. ( Over M+ now tho.) There are many amazing players who do not do high keys for many reasons. Maybe just some “low” ones for gear/less stress, ect. it doesn’t necessarily mean ppl are bad players if they do not push super high keys/their io score. So, no, it doesn’t affect my opinion on the average character because everyone has different life situations.

1 Like

One reason pugs have a high failure rate is because dungeons and raids are now designed to be harder to pug. Perhaps this is blizzard’s way of supporting guilds. We do see lots of elite players who never pug telling people who do pug that joining a guild, any guild, will solve all their content completion problems.

2 Likes

That might be a stretch to say any guild will do it… but with a guild theoretically - you would no longer interacting with strangers anymore and gives you a chance to develop better communication and experience as a team.

1 Like

Interesting. This is a fun non-literal way to see what percentile you are in though there isn’t a good metric to use since I personally don’t think counting people who don’t push keys to the best of their ability should be counted

Disagree, Anything passed 18 starts becoming a wrong GCD away from being a wipe on the healer and tank side. Innefficient dps CD’s are a massive loss etc. Also thats when the real meta starts creeping in. boomkins using heart of the wild to help heal the insane pride dmg etc. All pulls must be a very good ratio of time, CDs and %. None of that matters in a 15

1 Like

Perhaps. But most guilds run mythic+ in pre-existing cliques. As a new player to a guild, it’s going to be a while before you get invites that aren’t “we need a warm body”.

The guys group was like 2 hours overtime in a +2 at 185 so

While I think that’s true in a pug raid, pugging keys gets easier every week. More and more players figure out the problem areas in each dungeon. The first season is always the hardest.

1 Like