The Maw requires group play, but broken phasing denies it

What are we supposed to do? Is Blizzard even working on this? I don’t see a single topic in General about this, and I rarely hear anyone talking about it until they’re in a phased party.

This is a huge issue. Blizzard needs to fix it.

Groups rarely form until they’re already in Perdition Hold, where the current group quests appear. At this point, you’re required to venture back to Oribos, then back into The Maw to fix the phasing.

Wait, wait, let me guess… this is working as intended.

17 Likes

I suspect they did it because if you phase in the maw you might just get gibbed by a huge pack of mobs.

They should of made phasing put you at the nearest one of the little teleporters and it could of been fine.

Its so easy to start a group and use group finder for pretty much anything.

I needed help with a rare boom 2 guys standing there already on different servers join and we kill it in 5 mins.

this is a huge problem that makes the maw much, MUCH worse. perdition hold, its associated quests, and the new phasing mechanic abomination they snuck in the game are all some of, if not THE, absolute worst design decisions i’ve ever seen.

4 Likes

I’m shocked that this hasn’t been live patched. It’s making Perdition’s Hold nearly impossible to play smoothly. They spend years training us to get to the spot and THEN LFG, only to force us to all LFG in Oribos and travel together… with no explanation.

If it’s on purpose, it’s abysmally executed.

3 Likes

It’s on purpose unfortunately, very, very poor design choice if you ask me.

1 Like

Perditions hold is setup for solo play, there are mawforged armaments on the weapon racks that give 5 minute buffs

3 weapons that act as pets and attack your target (huge dps increase)
Shield that offers you 5k heal when you take damage (once per 5 seconds)
Axe that offers aoe stun on a short CD.

Combined these provide you the power to solo groups of 5+ Elite mobs in the area as a solo player.

Maybe the beast warrens will be harder but atm there is no need to group.

1 Like

Says the Death Knight.

2 Likes

Actually this was talked about in multiple threads but because of PvP. This is the first time we have a Maw daily / rare situation popping up and now other people are realizing the broken phasing / aspects of it in more mass. Other people had been already talking / reporting bugs about it and all that but because they physically could not mount counter attacks in warmode due to the Alliance over saturating the zone, and this broken phasing / sharding. Hopefully it gets more attention now that the PvE side of things is also being impacted.

2 Likes

My problem is that I am out of phase in Stormwind. travel to Goldshire and I am the only one there. It’s a nice change, but still … And I took a new toon through Jasperload mine and at one point was fighting 8 not 3, but 8 Kobolds in one section. What really gets to me is that I do a ticket each time this happens. I get no replies and after about 5 minutes my submitted ticket notification vanishes.

I should also mention that I do not have an active Shadowlands expansion running at this time.

I group with my guild mates before I go to the Maw, although last night I happened to come up on 2 guild mates that were already there and we grouped together to do Perdition Hold. I do wish the would get rid of all this shard garbage though.

You can relog, that’s generally faster and does the trick.

I don’t have any issues either, but i can drain tank and my voidwalker keeps the worst of the heat off me. I imagine mages could be having trouble tanking the hits. Shadow priests and dps shamans too.

There really isn’t enough room to properly kite there even with Frost Nova.

1 Like

relogging did not work for me

I did not relog but I did /reload and that did not fix it. What did fix it was going back to Oribos and rephasing into the maw. A little bit of a hassle but it worked all the same and I was able to complete “Forces of Perdition”.

a reload is just a forced refresh of your UI… it can’t have any impact on phasing.

…this is the recommended action to take, as per the blue link above.

2 quick portals is only the teeniest of hassles.

Blizzard already said they have zero intention of fixing that. If you want to group, you have to create the group out of the Maw.

My solution is to simply not do those quests.

1 Like

Totally agree. I’m surprised this hasn’t been addressed in some way already.

That’s because reload just refreshes your UI, relogging can actually “reinstance” you

Imagine how impactful all that walking back & forth is to time played metrics… It’s really meaningful:) In all seriousness I had this happen a few times with just me & a friend. I don’t even bother with them anymore & just do dallies.