The mask of your trashy re-engineered client

You proved my point for me.

You don’t know whether or not I play both (I do, btw), yet you assumed I only play retail because I don’t post on a Classic character.

So… Exactly!

A month ago actually. Some rank 12 Shadow Priest thought he stood a chance against the best Paladin in the world.

I see that now… Crazy that screen shot, so he’s a fly hacking spider now? Is that what I see?

Nah that was just another screenshot, showing the quality of the game.

Oh you like those underground NPCs too? I love em, sneaking around and BAM BAM BAM, HEY! What the hell?

The graphic does not always display as I pointed out above, but I have good news I HOPE.

Maybe this fixes it? technically it would be a casting animation…

I have not seen an animation bug that happens on popping consumes. The only one i know that exists is if you drain or mindflay on your lock or priest (As well as using wands) and then move in a certain way, the next cast is not displayed at all visually.

Suddenly you get instantly feared (by the lock) or mindblasted.

Yeah they have some wacky stuff, Classic wow is the first time ever where I see people mounted riding backward… Looks very strange. 100% a new bug.

Ye its a great client. Also lets not forget the zone transition lag that also only happens on this version of the game. When you see people entering a new area and it behaves as if you have a 5 sec 500 ms spike.

Just pure quality.

My personal favorite is when I see an NPC in the distance and as I near the NPC it just disappears. My server does not have layering. Or when I sap a target, and the target animation shows that the enemy rogue sapped me but it does not actually go of…

“baTChIng” except that it does not actually work, all the time, but sometimes it works for no reason, like no kidding a second after the fact. Like put some nuclear damage into a mage, he blinks, he’s casting sheep then dies because my auto swing goes off like a solid second after the blink… I thought batching was 400 ms not 1000+ms (on my warrior alt) like WTH kinda lag is that? Batching in vanilla sure, I guess half second basically lag on the batching worst case, but 1 sec after??

having to wait 2 sec after the mage blinked because hes still immune to stuns even though he already used the ability.

seeing a stealthed target, opening, he just disappears on your screen and you are suddenly unstealthed having done nothing. What a game.

which is very likely considering ive seen multiple complaints on animation bugs after the last bug fix

Fine, seeing as how they played though… that he would pop a lip, seems very unlikely.

I legit sapped a rogue who was about to cheap shot a target, the sap did not go off because he was in combat, but it still broke stealth.

I also have seen some really strange stuff with stealth that I know is not right, like rogues are at a reasonably far distance in stealth I do not have perception active, the rogue I know is sub, he’s playing the typical cold blood prep build, and I see him POP into existence, and then fade into stealth, and this is something that never happened in vanilla, you did not know a rogue was anywhere near you until it was way too late in vanilla unless they had base level stealth with no talents.

There is some really busted stuff in Classic, I just hope they fix it. The stealth wackyness you can see in the NPC’s, its actually the first place I noticed it. When I was in ZG farming some herbs I saw the Zulian Stalker a level 61 elite, popped into existence, I did not know he would be around but after I saw him I popped perception to track him while I farmed that Dream Foil. Thing is they pop into existence with a faded look then the real stealth level is applied over a second or so. This is kinda jarring because that is not how it worked in vanilla or TBC or any other expac back in the day.

But it isn’t their game. And while I don’t think the (very small) Classic WoW team dislikes the game, I have reasons to think Blizzard as a whole does. They have done nothing to prove otherwise, and all signs point to Blizzard not even understanding what Classic is and why we like it.

It isn’t active malice, as in, rooting for it to fail. It is more that they have refused to even hire enough people to keep the game in a satisfactory state.

1 Like

I betcha the Classic WoW team loves Classic wow, but they are overly cautious about making fixes and stuff because they are trying to keep the thing as legit as possible.

Maybe they are just understaffed for bug testing, that’s really possible because blizzard fired like a massive portion of their QA team and in game support like GM’s and stuff. really a mistake because that personal human touch is what made WoW so good, quality is why we loved blizzard.

No they didn’t. This is a common false narrative spread on this forum and fake news sites.

Mr Factman again here, to tell everybody the facts

1 Like

Well, I think we are extremely lucky that we got Classic at all, considering that probably almost nobody at the company wanted it. It has to be a HUGE slap in the face and insult to those employees every single day that so many people actually prefer this 15 year old game to the modern game that they have poured their heart and soul into and most of the company’s resources.

And I’m sure the question has come up in shareholder meetings, what do we even pay most of these people for? Because I think this old content is probably more profitable than retail because the costs are so low. They seemingly expend almost no resources on it, and it brings in the same $15/month that retail does.

That’s correct, that’s a fact.