The Love Rocket Mount NEVER Drops

All mounts should have bad luck protection. I am not saying they need to be high drop rate percentages at some point if you did it enough times you should get the mount.

PS: I have almost every world boss mount!
PS2: I have the Love Rocket!

4 Likes

Maybe, yeah. I think the fleet of alts thing is kind of degen, like if I kill Sha of Anger on 40 chars then that’s 40 chances, whereas if somebody who only plays one char kills it once then they’ll realistically never get it.

Maybe buff droprates baseline and you have a diminished chance on repeat kills that week.

3 Likes

We can agree on this!

1 Like

It just seems like it’d be a healthy way of addressing the whole encouragement to setup a fleet of alts thing.

1 Like

It is a numbers game like the Blue stated so have tons of alts and multibox!

1 Like

I got it about a 2 years ago

1 Like

I don’t think there was one. They probably decided it wasn’t a priority.

I will seriously quit if we get to February and they say sorry we haven’t had time to fix the drop rate as promised. How hard is it to change to 1%? Right now the only reason I’m still subbed is the February event.

I hear you brother, why can’t blizzard say that then?

to be fair, i don’t think they promised that. they just said they were discussing it.

1 Like

you’re right, Devs use a language like “if” , “maybe” just to avoid doing promises; however, it´s not difficult for a CM like Kaivax to check with Devs and provide updates to threads like this one or the removed WoD tmogs. Also, a easy solution was just to increase drop rate a little bit via hotfix.

2 Likes

When the developers of a game admit there is a fundamental flaw with their game design and claim they are discussing solutions, I see that as a promise, nay, their DUTY to fix it as fast as possible.

There can be no excuses if this isn’t addressed by next year’s Valentine’s Day event, if not earlier.

3 Likes

True, I already got the headless horse mount but I expected to see changes on this event after 10 months; however, I already have that feeling that Devs just forgot this again, just like adding something new to any holiday because they don’t care about casual content at all.

5 Likes

I would add Rhukmar’s Solar Spirehawk to that grouping, as it seems to have a similar rate.

1 Like

That one doesn’t seem as bad, but it’s obviously worse than 1%, so yeah, maybe, albeit to a lesser degree.

1 Like

Blizzard just needs to admit they’re taking advantage of mount farmers willingness to put up with anything.

There are 2 rares in a single zone in BFA that have <1% drop chances and one in another BFA zone that has <1% drop chance and is actually a rare mob with a long respawn timer. There’s no reason for these to be this rare.

When Blizz runs out of ideas they pad time out by making incredibly rare drops for the most mundane of activities. The Maldraxxus calling Egg which as a laughably low drop rate or the Maw Invasion quests that have low mount drop rates. It’s all just tedium that they lower drop rates on thinking that’ll improve engagement.

3 Likes

All RNG mounts are some bad depending on the amount of alts that you use or the attempt ratio, because even if you can spam X activity with 1 character it could cause burn out due to the RNG % like the Stratholme mount. Rewards should have a balance around a player farming those with 1 character, that’s how is being handle in other games, I feel that’s more healthy for the game, I got almost all the mounts available in game, I still play it, maybe the carrot in the stick should be good and fun gameplay.

1 Like

Yeah, for sure. Feels kind of bad when the optimal play is setting up 50 druids/dhs.

2 Likes

this. please.

I’m tired of logging into my alt army one by one for another chance at a stupidly low drop chance mount.

5 Likes

It’s 0.2%. But in the spirit of GD, I’m going to proudly proclaim “I got it from lots of hard work. You just want it mailed to you for free,” even though I believe the complete opposite :slight_smile: