The love rocket drop rate really is a slap in the face

And now they’ve added a saddle with an even lower drop rate than the rocket. I think they literally hate us.

2 Likes

Blizz: changes name from Love Rocket

Playerbase: continues calling it the Love Rocket anyway

1 Like

It is a inferior rocket anyway. It doesn’t even have a passenger seat. And it is a inferior model from 17-18 year ago. And still on a slot machine RNG. I lost interest in it. Cause the Tour Rocket is superior with the passenger seat. And you can get it for 100 tender.

Having obsolete rocket on a ridiculous low drop rate is insanity. And people spamming the dungeon for it for 20 years is even more insane. The love rocket is old and obsolete.

1 Like

I think they have this pretty ridiculous system (drop rate) in place because they want to preserve the rarity of the mount - a situation they don’t feel comfortable changing because “rarity” somehow equals something superior to a lot of people. The least they could do is make the encounter a bit more interesting. It’s the mental equivalent of scratching a lottery ticket.

Scarcity does not always make something rare. A rare mount that is scarce is something like the BC Galdiator mounts, I seen one in the last like 4 years. An RNG item should never have this kind of drop rate just to make it rare.

2 Likes

I agree with you. As far as I’m concerned, it should just be given away at this point. It’s a ridiculous holiday mount, not a million dollars.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results :dracthyr_nod:

I need help :dracthyr_cry_animated:

1 Like

Not exactly, but being RNG without any BLP there needs to be real chance to get it. Right now with 14 realistic chances to farm it, that does not give you a proper chance to get it. Someone needs to be able to say “Yes I can farm this item with a realistic chance to get it” and “Yes I got it because I put in the effort”.

Like how I got Onyxia after some 560 attempts, I can farm that mount because it’s just a weekly lockout, I can do it once, I can choose to do it 60 times per account, that’s my choice. So I can say “Yes I can farm this mount” and “Yes I did put in the effort to get it”.

Now of course there are those “Lol it’s not 100%?” players, but that happens with everything.

2 Likes

Well, we clearly don’t agree. I would be fine if they scrapped the “farm” from the holiday stuff, but I recognize that just serves my ends. I don’t care about farming stuff.

Here’s the problem: you’re trying to apply logic, and not ignoring facts to paint blizzard as the bad guy here. These are not allowed on the forums.

I’ve been suggesting that they add a skill based challenge for people who get bored of the grind.

separate version of the instance, max level only, no auto-queue, extra mechanics, HP/damage buffed by 3000%, but the mount is guaranteed to drop for 1 random party member.

4 Likes

Ok, you don’t have to accept the future.

Big Love Rocket!

This is the biggest lie I’ve ever seen.

160,000 attempts? Yeah right. Get real.

People like you are literally the worst. I don’t know why you think it looks impressive when you throw out literally impossible numbers. Real mount farmers are aware of how many actual attempts are realistic.

Oh, and you couldn’t have got the Sha mount after 3 weeks because it was bugged for several months and wasn’t even on the loot table. Whoops! You’d know that if you were an actual mount farmer :wink:

Assuming someone uses one account only at max character limit of 50 at the time, say for 10 years of doing that, plus 60 a week since DF for another 16 months the maths works out to a maximum possible, including a bonus roll on every character to around 54,000 only.

To get 200K you would need four accounts with max level characters farming the same boss every week, plus farming a bonus roll on every one, not even taking into account how you needed a raid group to kill these bosses, doing 200 characters on Nalak every single week during MoP was just not possible.

The bonus roll farm for 200 characters alone would take a week.

Most I seen for Sha was around 20K kills, aside from that a few thousand was about all people got to before they either got the mounts or just gave up.

Some people just love the attention and making themselves look like a hardcore player when they know well and true they are talking out their rear.

then you never seen a real mount farmer. just because you cant or are not willing to do it does not mean other people did not do it.

you already put words in my mouth.

6 accounts with 264 characters if i had done every single week since nalak release would bring me to around 192k+ kills. BUT. i didnt kill him every single week on every single 264 characters. i missed weeks here and there and there were some weeks i didnt do all my characters. so shake your head.

not everyone on these forums are full of it. and i only speak facts based off of what i done. sorry you cannot comprehend this.

i don’t have the rocket but i also farming it very long time.
everyone is being enthusiastic because it is that much rare!
0.04% for 2 weeks chance only which is only mount super rare like zulian tiger still exist in game. that makes everyone jealous!! that’s what we say, “It just a gooooood business!”

And are you forgetting this part:

There was about a 9 month period where Sha just wasn’t dropping for anyone and Blizzard even admitted it was bugged.

Plus taking into account Nalak and the other 3 needed a raid group minimum to kill. No matter how you frame it, not a single person in this entire game was running 264 characters to farm a bonus roll AND join 264 raid groups every week just for a single boss kill.

Assuming it took you 10 minutes to form a group and kill Nalak, on 264 characters that would be 6 hours a day EVERY DAY just killing Nalak, not counting the farming for the bonus roll. You would be running 12 hours a day bare minimum for 200,000 kills.

No chance.

well. take it as you will. i dont need to prove nothing to you. not that i can. unless a gm can come on here and link my nalak kills for all 6 of my accounts combined. which i would love for them to do to shove it in your face. i simply shared my experience with these bosses, mount drops and farms and what I had to do to get them and how long and how many kills it took me.

you can believe me or not, i really dont care because i know what i did, how long i had to do it and how many attempts i had (estimated based off of the years i been doing it and on the amount of toons i have)

so you know what you can do.

You have nothing to prove, you talk about getting Sha 3 weeks into MoP when Blizzard straight up admitted it was bugged for the first 9 months. You can try and prove whatever it is you want, but you can’t, because what you are saying is crap.

but i wasnt. i got the mount and i know many people that got it as well. show me this article that it was bugged. who it was bugged for. timeframe of it being bugged.