The Lighting of the Beacon

This has been a part of wow lore for years and years.
Well before final fantasy did it

THey are talking about the Sundering at the time of The War of the Ancients in Warcraft Lore which predates any FFxiv sunderings.

1 Like

THey couldn’t find the door knob to until Stone Bro turned on the porch light

3 Likes

I’m now picturing Chromie pulling a “ZA WARUDO”

( Yes I know Nozdormu is in charge. I just think Chromie would totally do this )

1 Like

They probably teleported.

“Uh… hang on guys I deleted mine on accident. FFS, I’m putting in a ticket.”

2 Likes

they put spoilers in the first 4 seconds of the video ofc ppl know

not for the actual reveal stream

the Single vid put in spoilers.

alexstrazas voice was the first giveaway

This is where I am at. Can’t figure if they’re trolling, or they legitimately can’t see the difference between the Sundering in either game. Both of which were distinct and not at all like each other in anything but the name. Which, let’s be honest, is basically just a descriptor for the event.

the woman in white broke apart the world into 14 realities.

the well of eternity broke apart the world into separate landmasses.

its similar

wait there is Lore IN the game?

I thought it is all in external books … /s

This right here.

It was much longer than 5 seconds…more like several minutes. Stone guy woke up because he felt the waking of the land. The dragons were already there waiting on the beacon to be lit.

This is the most likely explanation. They knew roughly where it should be, could sense something was happening, but couldn’t get all the way there until Stony Tony did his thing.

1 Like

The internet has ruined me and I can’t read this without hearing “bacon” in a Jamaican accent in my head.

1 Like

Naw, I agree on that. WoW lore, especially lately, has been terrible. Just saying that there is quite a difference between a continent being split apart in an explosion, and reality literally being divided into 14 versions of itself.

Their hearthstones were still set to the Dragon Isles.

Plot device, same reason there’s no sword.

Oh, fair enough. My apologies then. :slight_smile:

Honest answer? There is no reason. Blizzard didn’t think that far ahead. They just wanted a cool, “Oh Mah Gaaaaawd!” Moment for the catch, without actually looking at the plot implications or logic behind it. Just like they did with the Burning of Teldrassil. As well as the Jailer and opening the veil. They throw things at the screen for “Oh Mah Gawd!” Moments without actually considering the logistics behind the plot.