The leveling change is awful

I get that it’s supposed to make things more even later on as facing level 10s when you’re 8 wasn’t great, but my god, I’ve never ran into that many people 2-3 (even 4) levels higher than me within a couple of minutes after landing. If you don’t secure a good spot you may as well just restart cause people will absolutely obliterate you. Why not reduce the stat gains with each level instead?

7 Likes

The first 2-3 minutes of a match are critical for leveling.
Don’t waste them chasing another level 1 around the map.

The more successful players that are leveling faster are using this strat to win.

They could reduce the power curve, yes, but gaining levels faster has so far only been beneficial in my experience. It makes it easier for me to mop mobs to farm additional plunder and powers. If someone levels faster and comes at me, they would have still outleveled me and attacked me even without the change.

I see a LOT of gold chests everywhere left by players. These chests give xp early and gold and help get your plunder up faster.

Also, when in dense areas with lots of mobs especially the lower hp mobs group them up and aoe them down!

At this point it feels like there should be slower active leveling, higher passive leveling up until L7. If you’re unlucky and end up in a place where you barely have anything to kill you are far behind with no way to catch up. Had a match where my team was L7 and we had no mobs left and our enemies were mostly L8~9. We had an unlucky landing and everything around us was being farmed empty.