The legion returns. alliance. missing recruiter lee

Try abandoning “The Battle for Lordaeron”, Talkuraspion. The intro quest into Battle for Azeroth phases Stormwind and can prevent you from doing the Legion starting quests.

4 Likes

@Vrakthris: Thank you. This worked. I abandoned Battle for Lordaeron quest and Lee appeared. I turned in the Legion Returns quest and Lee then disappears.

But this did not happen:
" When you turn this quest in, Recruiter Lee (Alliance) or Holgar Stormaxe (Horde) will give you a choice to skip the introductory quest line to the Broken Shore. If you choose to skip, you will be immediately teleported to Dalaran and you will be asked to hand in the last quest called In the Blink of an Eye —hand in this quest to receive your Dalaran hearthstone."

I did not get any choice to skip quests, nor was I teleported to Dalaran or received a hearthstone to Dalaran. Lee just disappeared.

From what I can see, Talkuraspion, you’ve never completed the Legion introduction quest on that account. I believe you will only get the option to skip if you have done the intro questline on another character.

You should be able to pick up the quest “To Be Prepared” after you turn in “the Legion Returns” and continue along the questline. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

@Vrakthris: Yes, you are correct - I did not do Legion intro quest. The last time I played WoW was back in MOP. Recently I bought a WoW battlechest which included the Legion expansion. So I completely skipped WOD and went straight to Legion.

I’ll see if I can find the the NPC that gives the To Be Prepared quest. Thanks a lot for your help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to figure out a way to do this on my own as I seem to have been the only one who has experienced this particular problem. You just happened to see me in the middle of me fixing said problem. Two days I sat with completing the Legion Returns, without a way to access to be prepared.

Luckily the wife came home from working the weekend, and my plan has worked.

I will detail the steps in precise order below to fix this, if someone experiences this again.

Just for clarification, all standard World of Warcraft accounts include all expansions up through Legion. You should only need to purchase Battle for Azeroth currently, to be caught up to our latest expansion. Shadowlands is out next, but we’re a bit off from that.

Please let me know if you are successful or not. Good luck!

4 Likes

This is too fix a very specific issue in the way that you leveled (not boosted) to 110, have not turned in the Legion Returns quest… then you do Turn in The Legion Returns to immediately phase and Lee disappear before picking up “To be Prepared.”

Any of the previous suggestions will not work for you.

Follow these instructions in order until a different work around can be placed.

1. Find a level 100 who has not turned in “The Legion Retuns.”

2. Stand anywhere NOT in the SW Harbor.

3. Have them invite you to party.

4. Have them turn in “The Legion Returns.”

5. Then level sync to them. Not before.

6. Fly to the SW Harbor, and Lee should be standing there telling you he can help you in his line.

You then continue on as if nothing happened.
You will get your stone.
You will have you class hall quest ready to go pick up.

Enjoy.

5 Likes

That is a fantastic solution. I’m glad you got it resolved.

3 Likes

Yes. I just had to wait on the wife the last few days to try and implement it. BTW She loves your name.

2 Likes

@Vrakthris: So I watched a YouTube video about the To Be Prepared quest. There is an NPC that stands on the harbour that says “your ship is ready…light be with you” and you are supposed to turn in the quest to this NPC.

I remember seeing and hearing this NPC say the exact same thing a few days ago, so I think I actually had the quest and didn’t turn it in and possibly abandoned it. I also remember boarding the ship and it stayed at the harbor for more than 5 minutes, so I just did something else. Maybe I did turn in the quest, but because the ship didn’t move, I ended up not doing it (abandon). I can’t really remember.

Is it possible for a GM to put this quest into my Quest Log? Otherwise I will just let this quest go because it’s just getting too complicated now and I’ve spent a lot of time already.

Thank you.

From what I can see, Talkuraspion, you currently have “The Legion Returns” in your quest log. You don’t appear to have turned it in or ever started “To Be Prepared”.

Are you unable to turn in “The Legion Returns” to Recruiter Lee?

2 Likes

Her paladin was 90. Full timeless gear. We quested on the isle together. I know it was there. Also, it’s not the first time us as many other we know are missing something, and nothing can be done because the achievements say different. This is however not an argument, and actually derailed the actual problem I was trying to solve. She had no complaints of re-leveling. She had to rename her pally, we got her some boas, and she is now in the broken isles with my shaman Hutu. It’s all good. Moving on. :smiley:

@Vrakthris: You must be seeing a delayed Quest Log. I did turn in “The Legion Returns” to recruiter Lee over an hour ago, and he immediately disappeared without giving any further quests (and I can’t find “The Legion Returns” quest any more in my Quest Log.

Anyway, I am going to let this matter go now. I really don’t want to spend any more time on it.

Thanks for everybody’s help. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry if you felt that it did derailed the discussion, Vynlaerian. I don’t really see an indication that it did until now. If you note, I simply mentioned it as a point of clarification. I did not otherwise stop looking at the other matter or not ask you additional questions about the quest issue. As you said, moving on.

1 Like

That seems to be the case, I refreshed my list but it apparently didn’t do so. I just refreshed again and can see it is complete and you abandoned “the Battle for Lordaeron”.

I had hoped abandoning the Battle for Lordaeron would be enough, but it seems that it was the Hour of Reckoning that would have phased the area and it likely won’t return to normal until the Battle for Azeroth intro questline has been completed.

When you find time, I’d recommend doing that. Feel free to post here again and let us know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sigh since I deleted instead of edited, I’ll try this again.

You may have to do what I did, and party/sync with someone who has not turned in the quest. If you find someone, try my method listed above.

As soon as they turn in The Legion Returns, it should be available to you when you go back out there.

1 Like

Just an update. I accepted the “Battle for Lordaeron” quest from the NPC by the ship. After the quest, recruiter Lee was still not there. So I logged out and back in and Lee was there. Lee gave the “To be prepared” quest, which lead to the “Broken Shore” quest, which lead to the “FAllen Lion” quest. Now I am doing the “DEmons among us” quest.

So it looks like I am in the correct quest chain! Thanks to all the people who took the time to write a response, much appreciated! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not to rezz an old thread but this was my fix! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

I’ve noticed if you have any quest that phases like a campaign quest you need to delete that quest and the quest to see recruiter lee then head off to dalaran through the portal rooms find and talk to Archivist Elysiana inside the Violet Citadel she will give you the quest again and when you return to Stormwind recruiter lee will be where he is supposed to be

Oof…

Please don’t necro threads older than a couple of weeks, please. What was the case three - nearly four - years ago is very unlikely to still be the case when there have been countless hotfixes, patches and even a new expansion later. Even to offer well-meaning advice, it’s not really kosher to necro things.

2 Likes