The lazy design of the new armor sets

Is this going to be a thing now? I hated when I saw that they were only releasing one set per armor type this expansion, but I the pvp sets were still unique from the pve sets, and that was okay.

Now the raid tier and the pvp armor sets look the same. They are the same… just recolored. This shows me that the design team behind the sets are just lazy.

Either bring back individual sets for each class and recolor those or go back to individual sets for each kind of content you’re playing(pve/pvp).

/rantover

6 Likes

If you saw the mail helm and the starfish eyepatch, it tell you all you need to know.

1 Like

They probably will next expansion. This expansion seems to be focused on racial armor and relative to the zone.

Probably and $3.00 gets me on the bus.

I like the idea of the benthic plate/cloth sets but they failed to execute in an appealing manner, I think.

Mostly because they insisted upon adding barnacles to everything.

Then we got no warfront set, so the pvp gear was made the same as the raid sets, which look absolutely horrendous.

No joke they might be my least favorite raid sets of all time.

Can’t say the art department fails much, but they certainly did here.

Yeah, the cloth set to me is the ‘passable’ one. The others are surprisingly uninspired looking for an underwater theme. The Benthic gear looking waterlogged, I think is completely fine. But the raid sets, yeah, was definately expecting more from the Azshara Raid :slightly_frowning_face: Was also expecting a lot more bioluminescence/deep water theme.

Really? Maybe I’m alone here, but I absolutely love every set from the new raid. (Besides the Mail set)

The mail one needed to have pants with 3D armoring on the hips imo.

That would have been sick.

I haven’t heard a lot of praise for them but I’m glad to see at least someone likes them.

Agreed. Tbh, all the raid sets this expac have been lackluster.

2 Likes

I miss class themed sets. Here’s hoping they return in 9.0

For full context here are the Mythic sets:

Plate:

Mail:

Leather:

Cloth:

If you want to see the LFR/Normal/Heroic:

The sets in BFA have been the worst looking sets (as a whole) ever in the history of wow. There are a few exceptions like the cloth BoD set but overall…:face_vomiting:

1 Like

Almost all the armor in this expansion has been bad looking, poor color pallet, and low poly count. Especially the armor introduced in 8.2 all seems to be pretty low poly count and the colors on them are all horrid! even the mythic sets look bad… seriously… i feel like the art interns are all making the armor sets and the real art team is working on mobile games or something…

1 Like

The issue i have is mainly with the Normal and Heroic sets. The sets look like they belong in LFR when they should be a happy medium between the LFR and Mythic sets.

Probably building assets for 9.0 tbh. I can’t imagine that they want BFA to go on any longer than it has to at this point.

Unless they remove sharding/CRZ, 9.0 wont do anything for the game either. people are getting tired of the lack of community and immersion in an mmorpg (the two most important things in an mmorpg).

I hope the “working on 9.0” is wrong, but I think it might not be.

Much like WoD, BFA is starting to leave a bad taste in people’s mouths after so many promises.

And there’s only so much good faith left.

1 Like

They certainly need to scale it back or at least improve its function so that it is more intelligent in its phasing.

As of now it is just annoying.

You don’t want to be a member of Davey Jones crew?