The Knights of the Grave

Only faction other than Orks to use WMDs. Specifically catastrophic ones, such as Blight and the Theramore bomb.

And the tree🎄

The Mana Bomb was a Sin’Dorei invention. And Teldrassil was taken out by just regular Orcish catapult because it was part of an extremely stupid story.

Of those devices Blight has varying levels of potency. Only it’s strongest form is a WMD.

The Gnomes have nukes presumably but thus far they only managed to irradiate themselves. Plus this is a setting where there are one man WMDs. Jania nearly drowned Orgrimmar in a fit of rage. Straight up was about to drown hundreds to thousands of civilains, children included. Didn’t go through with that. But she did commit an ethnic cleansing, mostly by herself.

5 Likes

I thought the sun reavers was in response to Theramore

Jania’s anger was understandable. But an ethnic cleansing is unjustifiable. She killed and displaced random Belves who had no involvement in or even knowledge of what happened.

5 Likes

Guilty by association, mate.

Anyway, about utilizing UD DKs as generals overseeing the remaining Scourge so that Forsaken #s rarely go down. Sound good?

That really isn’t acceptable logic when it’s applied to an ethnicity. For reasons that I hope would be obvious.

Edit;

Also no. Because it would ruin the Forsaken’s aesthetic. Which is better than the Scourge’s and by extension Maldraxxus’s and one I’m really disinterested in polluting.

There can be multiple undead factions the Forsaken need not be a halfway house for every dead guy with opinions.

I don’t care about generic Forsaken soldier NPCs dying because they’re spawned from a building. Population isnt a concern in this setting. It only very sporadically is for cheap melodrama and it’s lame everytime. Because it’s just an excuse for characters to be tragically noble when they could be doing something more interesting.

6 Likes

Mages constructed the bomb, and used the Focusing Iris to amplify it. Then under the order of a one “Garrosh Hellscream,” used said bomb to annihilate an outpost of the Alliance.

My alternative is disarming the use of Blight as anything but UD sustaining substance and instead “give” them commanders of the Scourge forces of the Eastern Kingdoms to counter any attempt to eradicate them. UD Forsaken ones that are immune to the Blight itself.

What are you making proposals to the pretend Monster Mash UN Security Council? We’re discussing story.

You’re not obliged to play the Forsaken, and I’m opposed to having the factions play main antagonist. The WoW demands a return to the status quo by the simple nature of it’s gameplay. So a faction conflict is inherently going to be dissapointing, seeing as no one can win or lose in a consequential way.

So if you’re against the Forsaken blowing ish up with green mushroom clouds just to be a prick, so am I.

However I am 100% disinterested in any alteration to their aesthetic. Because there is none needed. These are fictional entities. Just write them better.

And this is an idea to write them worse. Because now they’d just be diet Scourge instead of having their own distinct identity. The Forsaken have a very distinct vibe I can only describe as Plaguepunk. Very 80s Tim Burton meets Gothic Horror.

5 Likes

they became Scourge Diet when the San’layn joined up. Not saying change everything about the Forsaken core makeup. Just trying to create a support mechanism and basic tactics that would be unique to the Horde or Alliance.

Also, less led by banshees. Whether that causes an increase in dark rangers or not would be okay.

They need to make up for the tree. And they can’t pin that all on Sylvanas as you said before. Plaguepunks would despise conventional morality, standards and practices.

The San’layn are part of an Alliance war questline and never even once come up in the Horde.

You are telling a faction you don’t play or very much care for how it should exist for the benefit of your vague, passive approval.

8 Likes

Sounds like Putin’s reasoning for his operation in Ukraine.

I remain sceptical.

1 Like

Skeptical.

My perspective is that the Forsaken have a unique role to fill in the WoW universe: Do what the living cannot.

I think their image would improve if they used UD Forsaken Grave-Barons that are immune to the Blight USE the substantial remnant of Scourge in the provinces of Lordaeron to defend themselves while they are essentially homeless. It would make then even more dangerous.

I think we want the same thing here.

You are proposing a radical departure from what The Forsaken are to introduce a Maldraxxi-Scourge hybrid.

Like, the idea of Grave-Barons in floating citadels commanding armies of undead isn’t bad in and of itself, but just slapping it on The Forsaken like a sticker doesn’t work.

5 Likes

Them being without Undercity would pre-empt this.

That’s the Death Knight’s thing!

The Forsaken are a nation of the living dead. Meaning they’ve as many cobblers, innkeepers, blacksmiths, tailors, etc. as they do soldiers.

That’s what makes them interesting. The Knights of the Ebon Blade is an army. Maldraxxus is an army. The Forsaken are a society. With civilains and commerce and even their own forms of agriculture.

5 Likes

That explains and justifies nothing. It doesn’t even make sense that the Ebon Blade, now devoted to fighting The Scourge, are going to randomly start commanding them like warlords in the name of the Undercity(?). None of this adds up.

7 Likes

No. We do not.

It may be spelled with both a “c” and a “k”. Nice try at being a grammar fascist, but both can be used in English.

The Jailer’s use of the creations of the Primus are what brought about Death Knights and the Forsaken.

Putting a Class that both Factions can play in charge of a Race in the Horde is a bad idea on the face of it. Perhaps if DKs became a Horde Only Class, and every current Alliance DK had to reject the Alliance, and vow to service the Forsaken and their claims to Lordaeron…but that is unlikely, since Blizzard has been moving away from Faction Specific Classes.

1 Like

The non-dominated Scourge leftover would be easy to command.

The UD Forsaken need a military support mechanism, to create a code of law that never uses chemical weapons ever again.

Let them inherit the Scourge until WoW adds necromancer playable classes. And give them floating cities and less dependence on banshees, abominations and drudges/ghouls.

A “new” form of UD similar to Nathanos Blightcaller.

It would blunt the sharp-pain fact that Forsaken are currently homeless.

They already have a military. All they need is to reclaim UC or rebuild in some capacity. Being free of The Scourge is the genesis of the Forsaken. Commanding Scourge or being lorded over by Scourge warlords just doesn’t work here.

This just seems like some out of left field thing from someone who has zero interest in The Forsaken.

10 Likes

Used to play Horde.

My point is why not use a force still prevalent in their lands to stave off subjugation or annihilation until the Forsaken get relocated? Ideally in… mobile Necropoles. With a branch splinter group of DKs that have foresworn any loyalty to Bolvar.

They are Forsaken. That in itself is the extent of their loyalty.

I’m trying to forge an identity that is the antithesis to the Knights of the Silver Hand.