The JOKE that is Chromie Time

Yea this seems silly to me too. The XP should get cut off maybe once you hit 50 and continue in the xpac you are in, but under no circumstances should the game port you without you telling it to, ie: scenario, event start, portal, etc.

Seems like it’s an easy fix…put up a portal for the player and give them a pop up letting them know the next step is going to Org or SW, but if not, they can continue to finish the xpac story.

3 Likes

It sounds like it would be good for Blizzard to just cap the leveling and switch to gold as if it was the end of that expansion. Also, give you one of those auto-accept quests like we get after new patch content for when you decide to move on to SL.

BTW: you can go to the keep in SW and shell out a small amount of gold to stop your leveling. It is the way of the Twink PvP.

1 Like

You can experience the content after the leveling. Besides its very old content anyways, this crying about “I wanna experience it!” is getting old. You’ve had so many years to go and experience it even if you were over the level. The system is there to level you quickly and honestly consider yourself lucky you to get ported to your main capital because that is a huge luxury. Now granted yes if people for whatever reason after 50 want to keep doing it then there should be a accept or decline option to go back. Declining should then turn off xp and quest rewards, then you’ll have to speak to an NPC at your capital to keep continuing to SL.

They just need to not make it automatic. The game shouldn’t just port you around all by itself.

3 Likes

As far as I can tell, the only real problem with allowing people to stay in Chromie Time without XP gains is people twinking at level 50, and there must be a better solution for this than the current one.

What about not allowing people to be in War Mode if they are at Level 50 and in Chromie Time? That prevents the griefing mentioned above, and would still allow people who want to stay in CT for story reasons to do so. There could be a similar limitation for battlegrounds, put them in the XP off queue or whatever.

1 Like

Here’s my simple solution to that problem: When you hit level 50, you will be automatically given a chrome hearthstone to SW/Org whenever your ready, as well Chromie saying “If your ready to go back to present time, here’s this hearthstone.” And if you choose to stay in that expansion, you earn 1% of the normal experience but earn 50% more gold to compensate for that.

It’s really no excuse to say “it’s old content”. If the person wants to experience that old content, they should be allowed to without hindrance or problem.

Normally, yes. But when you were in the middle of experiencing a story, and the game suddenly rips you out in the middle of it for another story all because you reached a number, that’s immersion breaking. That’s not a great thing in this instance. A player should have a choice in this regard if they want to stop the expansion and leave or continue it to the end.

4 Likes

Will Chromie Time re-set our quest lines that I had previously completed, or will it pick up where I left off when jumping between x-packs ?

The game has always been the above.

You can always… get this… go back to whatever you were doing after Chromie time is disabled.

WOAH MIND FREAKIN’ BLOWN, RIGHT?!!?

The scaling gets disabled immediately because you aren’t going to be able to level to 60 in old world zones, sorry. You’d have to be addicted licking windows and drinking Windex to think you were going to be able to level to 60 by questing in the Badlands or whatever.

Chromie time and level/xp scaling stops when you hit 50, it’s by design.

OH HEAVENS NO, PLEASE SAY THIS ISNT TRUE! Two minutes of travel time to get back to where ever you were, THE ABSOLUTE HORROR!

Those monsters at Blizzard, how could they inflict such PAIN, TORMENT, AND TORTURE upon your mind, with this teleport. This single act, which will have repercussion following you for the rest of your life, forcing you to live a haunted existence, of that time you were ported against your will and it took two minutes to get back to what you were doing… this will leave you a PERMANENTLY shattered husk of your former self.

So glad you came here to cry about how MASSIVELY DEVASTATED this one time teleport is going to leave your fragile psyche.

I am so sorry for your impending mental destruction. I hope you seriously consider unsubscribing RIGHT NOW to prevent this catastrophe of inconceivable proportions from taking place. The rest of your life depends on this.

My thoughts go out to you in this exceptionally trying time for you, while you decide if such a gargantuan risk is worth taking, or if you’ll just do the smart thing and unsubscribe.

This will be the port that echoes throughout the cosmos.

2 Likes

Can you give me an actual response that isn’t just heavy sarcasm and mocking? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Like i don’t know, why do you think being teleported off into a city (something that you don’t even have a say in the matter once you reached level 50) while your in the middle of something, whether it be a story or something else even, is a good thing to you or you think it doesn’t even deserved to be questioned?

You’re trying to paint this as it’s a bad thing to complain about how we don’t have a choice in the matter to continue uninterrupted. I have given my solution on how to fix this issue quite elegantly. :point_down:

1 Like

How so? Its literally almost impossible to do Loremaster due to the phasing bug with starting Dread Wastes in Pandaria.

Sure, here’s another response:

I petition OP to more accurately sum up this post with a title update that fully describes the “problem” they are facing:

“WAH WAH I CAN’T LEVEL TO 60 IN OLD WORLD ZONES”

Hows that?

More to the point regarding you though, no, a one time port back to a main faction city that is littered with ports to nearly everywhere is such a trivial nonissue compared to what we are getting in exchange, I can’t even be bothered to waste the time trying to explain how its not a big deal.

Just, put on the big boy pants, eh? Think you can do that? I hope so.

I don’t think I’ve EVER see this comment made by a player.

1 Like

looks at Hearthstone.

1 Like

So it operates like a sanity bar.

I knew leveling was insane.

Looks at three hearthstones

1 Like

Chromie time no longer teleports you out mid content.

1 Like

Very dismissive and still mocking. Also nowhere i have said anything about level 60. If anything, the experience being gained at 1% (example being 1% of 10k XP is 100xp is to de-incentivize players (Sometimes a very slow teasing drip feed is worse then nothing at all) if they just want to level up to 60. because if you are just sticking around, your just sticking around purely for the story, mogs and such.

Heck, i’l gladly remove EXP suggestions and Gold suggestions from that. So now if you continue doing the expansions, you won’t level up and just continue the story at your own pace.

That is not the main point of my suggestion though. My point was to give a choice to teleport to a city whenever your ready instead of ending the expansion unceremoniously in the middle of it with no choice what so ever. A point that you completely glossed over.

You may noticed that i have bolded certain phrases like “choice” and “choosing” and etc. I want players to choose when to end their expansion, instead of the game deciding for them.

That should’ve been the first thing you’ve done. Addressed my points and then continue the silly nonsense.

Well i rather you don’t do the silly nonsense to begin with, but i digress.

Not having the choice to reject that teleport back isn’t trivial nonissue. You saying it, does not make it so. The chromie time is there for people who want to experience the expansions while leveling up from 1-50. (not 1-60). People are deserving of the choice of staying at that expansion at level 50 at the cost of not gaining any XP or additional rewards from that expansion.

What are we getting in exchange anyways?

But you can be bothered to mock or dismiss people who thinks this is immersion breaking and who wants a choice to not have that happen. :confused:

How exactly using a portals to get back solve the problem of the game taking you out of the middle of whatever you were doing? The problem is still there, what you have suggested is more or less a bandage solution. My solution gives the player a choice to end the expansion at their own leisure, which in turns, eliminates the “forced teleporting to a city upon reaching level 50” problem.

In fairness, i don’t think the whole “teleporting to a city” after you reached level 50 should not have been there to begin with, but i can understand that some players might appreciate teleporting from A to B after their done with a series of tasks. Along it’s their choice to activate at any time, just like player mage portals.

I’m not the one who is dismissing and mocking people’s concerns and issues by writing them off as “They need their big boy pants” or “They are crying, wah wah” and etc.

4 Likes

They should probably put the whole MOP endgame back in then. Wrathion’s welfare cloak was full of interesting lore bits.

1 Like

Sounds like a beta test thing. I bet the dialog box will have a cancel button on it at some point.

It sure is.

Omg calm down dude, even if it was like this you could always port back.

Probably not

Jesus man, calm down.