The Jailer's Identity Crisis

…nipples…

/10char

3 Likes

No longer the Jailer, he takes on his new name in Zereth Mortis. After months of decryption doing daily quests we learn it translates as Retcon.

1 Like

https://www.wowhead.com/news/eternitys-end-hall-of-fame-titles-updated-again-famed-slayer-of-the-banished-one-325905

I shall update his title appropriately.

5 Likes

It’s just so funny cuz like

He’s WoW Satan Thanos Sauron

They could easily go with a Christological title eg

• The Conqueror of Death
  • The Liberator of Death

Maybe go with the whole “Eternal One Boss” a la Thanos and go

• The End of Eternity
  • The Usurper of Eternity

Maybe go with the Sauron Domination bit

• The Breaker of Domination
  • The Breaker of Fate

But no

“Famed Slayer of the The Banished Jailer One”

5 Likes

And any one of those hits the key important part of a title; it is concise. When looking at the title they have chosen, imagine how that’s going to fit over an avatar with more than three syllables in the character name.

1 Like

Eh, the Hall of Fame is a joke, anyway. I just care about why they keep changing what they want to call him.

1 Like

Cuz ultimately the title is a window into their intent

e.g. Break of Chains for Sylvanas

1 Like

It’s easy to forget cause most of us here are lore nerds… but the majority of players don’t even know who Zovaal is.

Not in a sense of who is this guy? Why is he doing this? – Because honestly none of us know that…

… but in the literal sense that no body knows this character’s name.

It doesn’t help that they just call him “The Jailer” for his boss encounter. It should’ve been something like, “Zovaal, the Jailer”.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know how everyone else feels, I know most just want to abandon ship on the whole Shadowlands story…

But I would have really enjoyed if they put in a little effort to tell us the back story to Zovaal during the campaign.

It’s like being introduced to Arthas before The Lich King, Illidan before The Betrayer, or Sylvanas before the Banshee Queen.

Set up some kindof connection to this character so that it has some meaningful impact… =/

1 Like

We shall call him the nipple man. for his armies are vast but not as vast as the horde.

Welcome back, GD Erevien.

1 Like

You can’t say that particular n____e word. It is forbidden.

He made that mistake when he took that coward thrall and the traitor baine. we shall personally deal with them later after we are reborn from the ashes of traitors.

Yep, he sure sounds like Erevien.

3 Likes

I am a proud horde member. But I am not erevien. HE WHO SYMPATHY For the warmonger turaylon shall have no mercy from me. NO TRAITORS

1 Like

right…

You just happen to start posting around the time he had a whinge about being suspended.

wait he got suspended?

To be fair, he has actual achievements. Seems this might be an NA account he actually played on, but abandoned, until now.

1 Like