The Issues with removing layering

I believe this is a much more serious issue than to just post “wtf blizzard” and “small indie company”.
There are many issues with the removing layering especially in a realm such as Arugal, which hosts the majority of the oceanic community and population.
With layering being introduced on launch for classic this issue already showed itself, unfortunately people will keep moving to Arugal at the drop of a hat as it is just like moving from a country town to the big city. Opportunities.
Now with the removal of layering, many players will find themselves is dire straits.
First: Casual players will suffer as they will be unable to log on to just level for an hour or do a dungeon with friends. As 1300 queues at 3pm means you cant play till 4:30. (Lets say your friend on discord suddenly asks you to come help with a BRD run, well you cant unless you wait 2 hours and then they have already finished)
Second: Raiding guilds will suffer, especially now with AQ opening on Arugal, many guilds are working on clearing the raid and trying to enjoy the new content as much as they can. But unfortunately not everyone can log in at midday and stay afk till raid at 8, many classic players come home from work or school at 4 and are then stuck in hours of queues. This will kill many newly formed guilds or even long term guilds.
Third: Layering was a feature added on launch to combat overcrowdedness in anticipation for the playerbase to die off, this has not happened, and we are left with a realm that is overcrowded and pushing server capacity. For large servers, especially regions that only have a few realms, layering might just have to stay to maintain game health.
I know this was a bit of a rant, but I wanted to outline some serious points and concerns in the most formal polite way possible, so hopefully the community devs can understand the issue without having to see ‘duhhh small indie company’ every 2 minutes.
Heres hoping :frowning:

5 Likes

Thank you, I also can’t stand 99% of the people that have never ran a server talking here, jesus.

2 Likes

We are in phase 5/6 with layers. The ship has well and truly left for the #nochanges movement.

1 Like