The Hunt updated

Looks like it was changed, what do you all think of it now? 25% healing on top of the leech we get in Meta / Demon makes us survive a bit more?

[The Hunt] Charge to your target, striking them for [ 275% of Attack Power ] Nature damage, rooting them in place for 3 sec and inflicting [ 95.7% of Attack Power ] Nature damage over 6 sec to any enemy in your path. Pursuit invogorates invigorates your soul, healing you for 323,802s2% 25% of the damage you deal to your Hunt target for 60 sec. Night Fae. Night Fae. 100 yd range. Instant.

Sooo… DH mega leech versión? the hunt + Soul rending + demon form = 55% leech XD

this is stupid as F

Demonic appetite + Kyrian + Soul frag conduit + 30% meta leech = More self healing than ever before. XD

The b-tching is stupid as F

A fury generation talent, mutually exclusive with blind fury (likely to be taken in pve) / felblade (likely to be taken in pvp)

A covenant.

Which no one will take. Besides this, the conduit works with shattered souls. There’s no indication it works with lesser soul fragments (someone please correct me if I’m wrong).

Yikers

It’s just yet another borrowed power.
Tbh I hate that I have to choose a covenant based on abilities rather than identity, but that’s a whole different conversation.

What I’m not following is that blizzard seems to be under the impression that DH’s have far too strong a defensive toolkit, considering the multiple nerfs we’ve received. So, they nerf/remove our baseline/talented defensives but then bake them into covenant abilities. It’s just a clusterfork of nonsense, imo.

Speaking in terms of pvp, I think night fae is now very much a viable covenant, if not completely mandatory, especially for momentum builds.

What I don’t like about this is that momentum has much more synergy with ven’thyr than does demonic. Momentum boosts the damage of sinful brand, so it’s a highly-offensive build. On the other hand, with momentum you aren’t going to have any leech, because talenting into soul rending would be virtually pointless.

If spec’d demonic, we’ll have over 50% leech with night fae, which will be utterly broken.
If spec’d momentum, we’ll actually have leech, but we lose sinful brand.

It’s just a mess imo.

1 Like

I really dislike the idea of having to play momentum. We have one freaking DPS spec, wish they would just get it right.

5 Likes

Sinful Brand is a hasted DOT, so demonic actually boosts it’s damage too. In fact eye beaming with demonic boosts the damage more than if you eye beam, fel rush and use sinful brand with momentum.

1 Like

Hmm that’s actually really interesting. Wasn’t aware it’s a hasted dot

So I actually just tested this on beta.

With much higher haste, this is likely to change, but with 383 haste (11.61%), sinful brand did 10,245 over the course of its duration while in demonic meta & with furious gaze buff.
With momentum, I did 11,024 damage over the course of its duration. this is with momentum being kept up the entire time, and with furious gaze buff.

Difference in damage = 779, with momentum having done approximately 7.6% more damage.

Praise be momentum, first of his name. Long may he reign :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Yeah the character I tested on has 18% haste on beta.

Ok went back and did actual testing to get some numbers for you. This is with 590 haste (17.88%) and 775 vers (19.38%). Demonic and Furious Gaze is 69% haste. Just Furious Gaze is 36% haste. Base Sinful Brand tooltip damage is 7632. With Demonic and Furious Gaze the tooltip for Sinful Brand is 10976. The actual damage on the training dummy is 10.9k. With Momentum and Furious Gaze the tooltip is 10098 and the actual damage is 10.6k.

Since Demonic only lasts 6 seconds and Sinful Brand is 8 seconds you won’t see the full benefits of haste from demon form except in meta, but then you could have momentum and meta used at the same time anyways. Even without demonic applying haste to SInful Brand for the full duration, it still does a bit more damage than with momentum at this haste level.

Difference of training dummy damage = 300. Demonic doing about 2.8% more damage.

When are you casting Sinful Brand in relation to eye beam? Even when I drop my haste down to 10%, demonic is still making it do more damage than momentum. I’m casting it right after I eye beam with demonic. You wouldn’t do this if you were playing first blood, but for testing that is what I was doing to get the most damage out of sinful brand.

So the question remains… what covenant is going to be best for pvp then? if you want to play BOTH momentum and demonic?!

Ventyr is the best general choise

Fair point. I wasn’t pressing the ability in a rotational way.
I just pressed it immediately after eye beaming with both demonic and momentum and then stood around. Though with momentum I did fel rush when the buff was about to fall off to maintain the buff.

Was basically a test of max potential