The Horror of leveling without Azerite traits

So I recently leveled my Druid to 120 from 110-120 with heirlooms… They game was for sure not tuned with them in mind. AS with out them things got real bad … But as soon as I hit 120 and got 1 azerite slot things turned a full 360… I hope people share more stories of this and it gets some attention .

So you’re saying nothing changed. :+1:

1 Like

Pretty sure getting the three 280 azerite pieces is faster for leveling then using the 3 heirlooms for those slots.

It is much worse. Cause as soon as you star BFA content you get 1 from magni. I did it without any.

If you turn 360 degrees, you end up exactly where you started.

1 Like

Maybe in the amount of damage you do, but not in the amount of exp. Which is 70-80% with pots and warmode.

There’s a thread somewhere from a guy who is a speed leveler and he stated as to how it’s 10 minutes (or something like that) slower than running without heirlooms. I think he mentioned something about having to equip all of them before you turn in quests, in order to benefit too.

1 Like

Yeah , should not have to switch them on and off…

I leveled 2 toons recently in full heirlooms it was stupid fast and stupid easy. Who gives a toss about min/maxing a leveling toon for optimal damage when everything you fight dies in a couple of seconds?

very true but…its how it works at this time best.

the quests not too bad for this. I go for the real pain.

Build up some rested xp and try to mine rock and pick flowers and swap armours for this too. this…gets old real fast. But…some good xp there. 45% of 2400 adds up. Its just a massive pita.

Its working well on my druid 110-120 run. Mainly because I am using prowl a lot. Sneak in gather to keep that rested xp banked as long as I can.

I absolutely agree with you. I’m just mentioning as to how it’s actually a burden to have them equipped vs just leveling outright.

This is how I leveled my druid. Built up loads of rested exp, went out and picked mass amounts of herbs, when rested was up … I parked him again, until I had more. Worked great, especially since he was my 8th or 9th 120 and there was no way in hell I wanted to redo content again.

EDIT:

Found the thread I mentioned.