The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

whats frustrating here is it does make perfectly fine sense for a group of High Elves in search of a different way to deal with their mana addiction to have sought out Void power as an option. >.<

it cant be a compromise if it didnt have anything in it that we asked for. they weren’t listening. we kept saying, way before void elves were introduced
 we just want modified alliance high elves. we didnt mind if they werent identical to alliance high elves, visually, only that they were normal elves. everybody knew this. talendrion eventually came up with ideas for what we meant, though he included the long ears.

1 Like

If you gave the model cause you thought it was what we wanted based on a reason you thought we wanted it, then the anties go for months saying there accept that compromise. I would say its considered a compromise

1 Like

So what, you want a human model?

Na, they learned to do without and it became less of a problem for them.

Maybe we could have had Allerias Troops learn from her, but she forgot about them.

1 Like

Half Elves are not exactly what people want though. It may be a compromise in the alliance’s favor, but it’s still a compromise.

I still can’t see how Void Elves are seen as a compromise.

This is like saying the Alliance got LF Draenei instead of the broken and calling it a compromise. No, they’re not the same thing.

3 Likes

I would guess if you gave a community what they asked for in the first place none of this crap would be going on. Based on lore and not what you think is right or wrong.

I think we could have had both stories work out.

one group of the High Elves were looking into the void angle pre TBC and then once the Sunwell was fixed, they had already done the work so kept fiddling. Fast forward to Alleria coming back, have her gather up the Alliance High Elves and then they meet up with that group who happens to live in Telegorous.
Everyone gets voidified. >.>

That’s also true, but I can see why horde players would get upset – even if I do find it a bit ridiculous.

That’s why I think Half Elves would be fair, but I guess we’re not allowed to request things because we already had the wrong cake we ordered :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

not only did we not get what we asked for, it seems they went out of their way to give us the very thing we didnt want - et al, magic addicts that were so intent on gaining more power, they sought it regardless of the consequence to themselves or others. this is the very thing that was used to describe the cursed on the inside blood elves who were cured by the naaru at the end of tbc.

5 Likes

I’m personally grateful for the Void Elves as their own thing. I don’t think they should be linked as an exchange for HEs, and the devs can continue to see the HE demand and choose to implement it. But Void Elves themselves being power hungry is why I like them and think they would have a interesting relationship with their Queldorei kin that I look forward to seeing developed in game one day with the inclusion of playable HEs.

5 Likes

I would be 100% for Playable Half Elves based off Human Model customization after Alliance High Elves were playable. Lore allows its. But we need the Parents playable before the children.

faceplants

Right, ABANDON THREAD

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/abandon-ship-gif-6.gif

1 Like

We will just have to wait and see what the DEvs do with the the two sisters.

1 Like

they aren’t gonna do it. ion will never back down on that. you can take that to the bank, place bets on it. we’ll be lucky if they give us half elves, even. heck we’ll be lucky if they dont so fully gut their own game, theres no sustainable servers left.

You’re stuck with us if you like it or not >:D

2 Likes

That’s where I’d see them coming in potentially as well. My one qualm is I prefer Umbric to Alleria leading the VEs but alas, Void Elves for me are beyond amazing and have so much potential but I see them as so totally different in regards to the niche they attract to HEs idk why they would be considered a compromise. And since we still have potential hope in playable HEs I’ll always lend my voice to support. :blue_heart:

1 Like

oh who ya kidding, lannisteros. if they gave horde san’layn, we’d be watching you run to the horde in the rear view mirror. there goes lannisteros, we’d say. hehe.

3 Likes

I feel Ion is a cool guy, but a litttle biased and smug, we all have friends like that, but one day he may figure it out.

1 Like