The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Unless you have a source that says Void Elves cannot call the light, it happens
 or at least it both is and is not. Schrodinger’s Cannon.

Maybe exploding is specific to the Sun Well but not inside a high elf’s body due to midichlorians or something?

I just was wondering since light and void are opposing force.

Well gameplay is the only reason it seems.

I think like a lot of the lore, it’s what ever you want it to be until it becomes important to the immediate story line.

WoW’s not big on consistent rules.

1 Like

They are literally asking for the Night Elf treatment at this point.

3 Likes

I am a proud Blood Elf. But also, I’m a proud High Elf.

5 Likes

And call ourselves Blood Elves because we are proud of those who laid down their lives to save our species, and those who stuck around to reclaim our homeland.

5 Likes

Amen.

Blood Elves only renamed themselves to honor there fallen after the third war. But they are, and will always be, High Elves :heart:

5 Likes

and not just a fallen few, most High Elves were among them. Imagine abandoning your people after all of that. Fighting against them even.

3 Likes

And then having the gall to claim to be the aggrieved party.

2 Likes

I mean the High Elves still do see the Blood elves as their people. It’s why many High elves left the alliance and joined Kael’thas upon witnessing their treatment at the hands of Garithos, it’s why many still have family and loved ones on each side. Even one of more notable High elves Grand Magus Telestra refers to the Blood elves as her people, and leaves the Kirin Tor when Dalaran imprisoned them.

We arrive with the Blood elves with the narrative of their shattered kingdom, and their constant struggle for survival in it’s aftermath, but with the Sunwell restored and nation of Quel’thalas thriving once again, that story has come to an end.

Like Lor’themar says in his speech during the heritage quest, “Our people are not defined by tragedy, but by our ability to overcome it.” I think trying to narrow the meaningful themes and qualities that make up Blood elves solely with events that occurred at one small point in their history is staggeringly inaccurate.

Being a blood elf in itself is honoring the HIgh elves after all.

3 Likes

Note: subjective personal opinion

5 Likes

Insisting on using a name that your faction of people left behind definitely screams proud.

7 Likes

Imagine Americans saying they’re proud of being British or Mexicans of being Spaniards :joy:

9 Likes

“We must enter a new chapter! And so I say to you that, as of this day, we are no longer high elves!”

9 Likes

It’s like calling someone who changes their name by their former name instead of respecting their wishes.

11 Likes

7 Likes

“In honor of the blood that was shed throughout this kingdom, in honor of the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, our parents, and our children, in honor of Anasterian
 as of this day we will take the name of our royal lineage!”

It’s funny how you conveniently leave out the rest of this quote because it doesn’t exactly fit your agenda. Kael’thas didn’t say “yeah, screw those high elves, screw everything they believed in, lets go blood elves!” That entire speech was to honor the qualities that made the High elves strong, to honor his people’s devotion and sacrifice for the endurance of their race and culture, not as some departure from who they once were. Taking on the name of Blood elf is to be a proud High elf, and to wear the sacrifices their people made as a badge of honor.

No, it’s acknowledging why they took upon that name at all. That it was an act to honor their people, not as some departure from them. You don’t change your name to honor your first name, and then act shocked or offended if anyone mentions it again.

4 Likes

I always assumed the current Alliance High Elves are those who were fighting the scourge alongside humans and dwarves the whole time. Even after the High Elves officially leave the Alliance they can still be recruited while playing as the humans in WC3. It could simply be a gameplay reason, but it’d explain why we still see them on our side

My biggest issue with your assumption though is that it’s never backed up by any Blood Elf in game. Not once have High Elves ever been accused of betraying their homeland by not answering the call to defend it, it’s a conclusion that’s jumped to seemingly for the sake of making High Elves look bad. Does it make sense to label them as traitors that deserve death while also welcoming them back home?

Perhaps they survived Arthas’ attack and didn’t stay to rebuild after learning they were joining the Horde, or maybe a majority of the current High Elves were those that followed Alleria into the dark portal and missed Arthas’ attack entirely. The most likely scenario is that Blizz didn’t give them that much thought as a minor NPC faction and didn’t believe it needed to be fleshed out, which leaves it up in the air

4 Likes

Or maybe because the part where they declare themselves no longer high elves is what matters.

What about this passage from the encyclopedia?

Blood elves no longer truly consider themselves high elves, and they tend to have different priorities and behaviors than their high elf kindred.

10 Likes