The High Elf Love Thread đŸ„°

Really wish they’d just been void elves
 Like every high elf in BFA areas should have just been a void elf.

They just give us hope when there is none. Lol

2 Likes

I’m not trying to convince them, they made up their minds about 18-months ago – I’m merely attempting to provide a clear message for the people reading the thread in a casual fashion.

There are three distinct sub-groupings of Thalassian:

• Blood Elves
  • Void Elves
  • High Elves

These three distinct sub-groupings are evidenced by:

• Their being referred to by different names.
  • Their being associated with different factions and sub-factions.
  • Their unique socially-, politically-, culturally-, or circumstantially-derived style (i.e. clothes, colors, mounts, classes, etc.).
  • Their instantly discernible physiological differences.

What the people who identify themselves as being against playable High Elves would prefer, is if everyone simply pretended that High Elves weren’t a thing.

That 20+ years on the Alliance hasn’t shaped or changed them at all and that there isn’t any direction Blizzard could take them in that would be distinct from Blood Elves. We, that is those in favor of playable High Elves, disagree wholeheartedly.

1 Like

And yet, you’re the only one on the forums who is stating that opinion.

It’s not disingenuous. We know what they’re asking for, we just don’t feel it’s a good addition because although Thalassian is my preferred word for the group, high elf is a perfectly valid term for the same grouping and the request is essentially for a political minority of an already playable race. The use of “blood elves are high elves” as an argument is to highlight the fact that they are in fact the same race. Something that gets ignored by helfers very frequently.

2 Likes

Man, I wish Blizz had come up with a new name for those who didn’t become blood elves. Just to keep this simpler.

Because there’s name and hmm, being?

For all the races their name is their name, but it gets sticky when we start talking about what they are, where they came from and so on. If you have a blood elf who was around before the events in WC3, they were high elves, and nothing has changed them, just their name.

It’s an easier way to reinforce the idea that these are the same elves (most likely down to individual elves involved) to just say that the Blood elves are high elves from WC2. (other examples of remnants of those elves are available for your viewing pleasure)

3 Likes

Traitor Elves? Abandoned Elves?

We could swap to Soul and Soulless elves.

But that makes it too easy to make soul patch jokes

I read up on the Alterac Kingdom, Do you think they would actually be in the horde if they had a choice, they mostly collaborated with the Horde out of necessity at the risk of loosing the Kingdom, that’s what i got from it.

1 Like

There’s still the future.

Aye that’s true.

I think if blizz wants to ever put humans on the horde they’d be the most likely.

They’ve always had a strong rivalry with Stromgarde and with the alliance reclaiming it and the horde being so close they might see it as a chance to take the fight to their old enemy again.

And the horde need more forces in the eastern kingdoms right now. Even better if it’s a force now familiar with guerilla warfare.

1 Like

Lion elves
 It’s gonna be big.

1 Like

True makes sense, Just seems like the King was desperate to hold power at any cost but lost in the end LOL :+1:

1 Like

I mean even more simply than that is the fact that working with the Horde is what Alterac is best known for.

When you say “Kingdom of Alterac” the majority of people who are even aware of what you mean are going to reply “You mean the guys who sided with the Horde?”.

2 Likes

I might be the only one in this thread who states it currently, but the thought that the development team — from top to bottom — neglects or outright disdains the Alliance is a pretty prevalent topic of discussion on these forums and others. There are probably just as many “the Alliance is dying Blizzard pls!” threads right now as there are High Elf threads being actively posted in.

The idea is relevant here specifically because the game director’s statement for why High Elves aren’t different enough was universally rejected by those it was intended to dissuade: people requesting High Elves. So it comes off as further evidence of Blizzard’s pro-Horde bias because the game director can’t even come up with a convincing reason as to why High Elves can’t be played.

True enough.

Plus since they’ve been mostly only barely mentioned over the years if blizz brought them in as an AR they’d have a fair bit of leeway in how and why and classes.

Convincing is a YOU problem. Not his. Ever heard of “cant please everyone”? You just happen to fall on the not pleased side. I’m sure you hold some opinions unrelated to High Elves or even WoW in general where i’d fall into that camp but i gotta like it or lump it. Cus it just happens to be the way things are.

Except rogue. Alterac rogues or riot.

2 Likes

Lol I almost added “definitely rogues though” to my post before I posted.

They had better be rogues, and I bet the racial would be rogueish.

When an employee of Blizzard entertainment goes on camera and says something as an explanation, it’s literally their job to be convincing. When, in the course of doing that job, the employee convinces nobody that their words were targeted to and instead inflames the sensibilities of those customers then they have failed. It is Blizzard’s problem.

What the game director said about High Elves was flatly incorrect and came off as snarky and insulting to the customers he was talking to. It’s like when he said that the dev team didn’t want people to play demonology warlock. These are demonstrations that Blizzard employees literally don’t care about the ways in which their customers have fun.

1 Like