The High Elf Love Thread šŸ„°

So wait, he makes the parallel that when Ion plays a blood elf they should make them Alliance, and thatā€™s not inciting trolling, but me saying I want the high elves on the horde is inciting trolling? Thatā€™s some pretty backward rhetoric.

Although none of that is actually an argument that my comment is ā€œincitingā€ flaming, as everyone has different ideas of how they want High elves, and no one should be attacked, flamed, or mocked for simply voicing their opinion. Especially not over the idea of a roleplay.

Even Tarrok had to step up and call you out for the absurd nature of your response.

Thank you.
Remember I did say ā€˜usuallyā€™, when posting about ā€˜sidesā€™.
In many spheres, including the LOTR, Elves have been all those thing, and more.
I could go on but I do agree that ā€˜Goodā€™ and ā€˜Evilā€™ are philosophical fantasies best left to humans and the like.

But this is Warcraft and for the most part the high elven people have aligned with the more monstrous appearing races.

3 Likes

I would say the same. Blood elves are firmly in the Horde Camp now. There will be no movement of factions, rightfully so.

If we get high elves as playable for alliance, I donā€™t see it till pre patch or after 9.0 when the faction war is done and the hurdle of heavy faction pride and identity isnā€™t at its height.

Pre BFA and BfA start had us all painted in blue and redā€¦ lol at least on the forums

2 Likes

No; mostly the Hugh Elves have stayed in various enclaves like Dalaran. some appear here and there but, as a whole, those that are High Elves are not allugned to any faction.

Yet.

There ya go.
These and a few Nightborne traitors are what the Horde has.

1 Like

I know this is an extremely unpopular opinion, but if the devs could compromise by giving Void Elves some High Elf options then I feel like it would be fair. The devs have already mentioned it as a possibility and it would be a lot less work than an entire allied race.

We already see High Elves wayfarers all over the Void Elf encampments so it only makes sense too. Just bundle 'em up! (and add Paladins while weā€™re at it pls)

1 Like

calling those arguing against you ā€˜trollsā€™ is bad manners. far too many pros say this. it tells us that the pro side do not want to face the reality presented to it in terms of common sense, in game lore and dev commentary. the pro side to a significant degree favors the echo chamber approach, of trying to ensure any threads regarding playable alliance high elves are kept as pro as possible, do not engage with the real issues presented by the suggestion of playable alliance high elves, shouts down or ignores all opposition and offers no real answers to any of the facts presented to them beyond ā€˜if we complain long enough blizzard will caveā€™

3 Likes

Yeah I get you. The fact that theyā€™re themed after a certain aspect limits the storyline a bit. They can only be edgelord elves

7 Likes

No caps high elves, less to type than Thalassian. Enough of the survivors went to the horde that the rest are exceptions to the rule.

5 Likes

no, the high elves left the alliance. any wow fan who respects the lore can tell you that and they are now a core part of the horde identity. you want to play a high elf without playing the icky horde

playable alliance high elves offer nothing different but being playable on your preferred faction

2 Likes

The real trolling in this thread is you acting like every person who wants High Elves sit in the same camp and they all share the same opinion. You also ignore people when they bring up valid points and then bring up those same exact arguments the next day.

Remember that one time when you acted like a pro High Elf person just to aggravate and slander the pro side?

Practice what you preach.

10 Likes

As we are talking about player characters here, total population is irrelevant.
We are exceptional beings, heroes, and all that hoo-raw.
Therefore we ARE those ā€˜exceptions to the ruleā€™!

They could still create a scenario where Alleriaā€™s mentor could go to Umbric or Alleria and help the void elves recover their corporeal form.

This being that the Devs really want to rehash another scenario and rework an allied race when it to the best of my knowledge has not been done.

2 Likes

Or maybe it can be a quest where they ā€œunlockā€ their customizations (kinda like the Night Warrior). I feel like that would be a lot easier to do but I guess anything could happen.

2 Likes

Why are you bringing that into this? I just said (and note I was generous to your side and put in ā€œfor the most partā€) that the high elves in warcraft joined the horde in the story so far. You objected with trying to be pedantic, I pointed out I was referring to the race as a whole. And now youā€™re trying to argue me like I was making a point about numbers.

3 Likes

Idk how satisfying it would be to drag the high elves into being void elves unless they were more in the like of Alleria. Again we would be looking at a small group, unless forcefully pulled into the situation just like the original group.
Alleria style should have been the route tbh. We had so many that could have originally been in her groupā€¦ instead we got just her and turalyon that became lightforged fanboi and fangirl.

1 Like

sorry, but no

void elves are not shadow priests

alleria can retain her light skin form because she came by her void powers a different way, training with locus walkerr and eating the heart of a naaru

the void elves got zapped. you basically want to take a fire elemental and make it a fire mage

now they both wield void powers, but they way they got those powers has led to those physical differences

Like the Trolls morphing into Elves by camping around the Well or why Orcs went all green?
something like that?

Alleria herself isnā€™t even a master weilder of the void, she still had guidance from her ā€œmasterā€ (forgive me I canā€™t remember his name and too lazy to look it up) if anyone knew where to go on a different plane of existence and retrieve these peoples Corporeal formsā€¦ itā€™s him. Not every void elf would have to do this either.

I am not even for this idea really, Iā€™ll be straight up honest, High elves are my best case scenario, then half elves then void elf changesā€¦ but iam also more on board with core races getting tossed the biggest bone with more customizations. (But that doesnā€™t seem to get as much buzz as ARs)

3 Likes

what does that have to do with making a core race neutral