PvP community is so toxic

Sorry that you had some bad experiences with people. I think a lot of the problem with people being toxic in PvP comes from, like Snoz said, a lack of success and a lack of willingness to accept the reasons for that. So they lash out at others and blame them.

My advice would be to try your best to find chill people and add them to btag. Pugging is always going to be a gamble on whether they will be ragers or not. Building a network of people that don’t treat you like garbage makes the game 10000% better, especially in PvP.

9 Likes

I have rarely had someone log into other characters just to yell more. Then again I dont really ignore anyone and calmly explain things. If I had just joined a BG like OP said I would have just told him just joined 3 mins ago and it never goes past that if it does I just stop reading what they are typing. Instantly ignoring people tends to trigger the crazies.

3 Likes

A lot of times with these harassment posts, I cannot tell if they are serious or not.
This sounds a little extreme. There’s games where I can screw off in regular random bgs… and NNOTHING like that happens… for the 15 yrs of WoW I have played… being whispered doesn’t happen that often. When it does… embrace it. Makes it more competitive.
Logging to alts??? The extreme insults towards uuu in arena LFG??
I chalk it up as bad luck or troll post tbh.
I’ve lfg a ton for arenas. On classes I barely know how 2 play… ppl chill.
Mb u??

2 Likes

100% this ^.

Most of my arena friends quit back in Cata/mop.

I was fortunate enough to find a couple that love pvp from this forum.

We have qued probably 5 or 6 different comps just trying things out and it’s been chill the entire time. Finding the right people makes all the difference.

1 Like

I thought they changed /ignore so it was account wide. Or is that coming up in 9.2?

2 Likes

Yep, that’s pvp communities for you

Should already be in game

Haven’t checked, can’t confirm but they say it is.

Not unique to WoW. Every competitive multiplayer game is full of those people.

4 Likes

The entire game is toxic due to the competitive nature of it. Only place I’ve seen little to no toxicity in is a leveling guild. Even then you’re at the whim of people to be helpful and polite.

Gamers as a whole aren’t a friendly bunch anymore.

1 Like

I would disagree. It depends on the people’s approach

People tend to hang out with others who are like them.

It’s in the game currently. Maybe OP was talking about experiences before the patch?

It puts his story into doubt.

Lol pvp has always been toxic
its a little silly to be all literally killing the game… When it’s been this way for 16+ years

Any PvP game is super intense because people hate losing.

Maybe, but the main idea is that the PVP community is toxic. I don’t know if that’s the right word but they are certainly combative. You can just look at the arena forum subsection to see that.

I understand that the PvP community is full of toxic competitive players. But if he came up with a fictitious incident to support that, he’s kind of a troll.

I mean my reactions change depends on people’s attitudes.

Most of my Toons I don’t care about my twos rating and usually just grind lfg for conquest.

If people want to actually improve I will help them and I don’t really snap on people for making mistakes.

However if people start talking mess or
Making excuses and blaming random things then I’m like ok whatever.

I can’t think of a pool of gamers that doesn’t have toxicity in some form or another.

League
Call of Duty
Counter-Strike
Fortnite
Apex
FFXIV (Yes, the competitive scene has toxicity. It’s not name calling but they will avoid you.)
Minecraft

I would argue gamers generally want competition. And as the poster above me said, competitiveness brings toxicity.

I agree with you on that. However in WoW I have seen people be friendly both in pve and pvp. It just depends on attitudes in my experience.

My main point that it’s not 100% toxicity and there are some nicer higher rated people.

3 Likes