The Great Shellkhan WQ - NPC Not Resetting

When trying to initiate the world quest for the boss The Great Shell Khan, the NPC named Patient Vaargo is cowering behind a tree and is not resetting so the quest is up but cannot be started by any player.

Realm: Moon Guard
Zone: Thaldraszus

14 Likes

Same. Fix this.

2 Likes

Saaaaaaaaaaaame here.

Same. I cannot interact with the NPC despite having the gleamfish crate.

Yep, went to get the crate and the NPC is just cowering behind the trees.

Also unable to interact with NPC to initiate quest and fight the rare spawn.

Same here. Stuck cowering.

Same issue here, Stormrage sever.

US - Dalaran, same problem.

So. I had the same issue. I logged on another character on a different realm and I was able to see him fishing in the lake. However, he still doesn’t let me talk to him even with the fish in my bags. I tried reloading and everything.

1 Like

Same.

Appears to be an issue with the river photography quest in the same area.

Same.

US - Khaz Modan

Still seems to be bugged. Unless him fishing was the bug and him emoting cower is intended and there’s supposed to be more to making him fish (other emotes/items/etc)

1 Like

Yea still bugged. I did talk to him one time but didn’t have the case and when I did get it I hearted back but got phased to another server where it was bugged.

Gilneas/Elune whatever server we get slapped to lately.

happening now… not cowering, still can’t interact to give the crate… bork bork bork.

This was fixed for me as of last patch. He was no longer cowering and I was able to speak to him to initiate the dialogue. It seems it is still broken for others.

Does there need to be a quest up to start the event? The Great Shellkhan is not always floating in the pond and the Patient Vaargo is sometimes cowering in fear behind a tree. I haven’t ever seen a world or daily quest for this Rare. I have collected the Case of Fresh gleamfish and Patient Vaargo is fishing, not cowering for once, but I can’t interact with Patient Vaargo. He’s content to fish while the Great Shellkhan floats in the pond…mocking me. Is this really a rare that we are meant to interact with?