The gleaming moonbeast was based off BG3's owlbear

And I love that they added it. Just wish it could magically fly since it s got night elf armor so giving it “Elune’s blessing” to fly wouldn’t be a stretch.

It can fly. I’m using it now.

:cookie:

Do you think owlbears were created in BG3 or something?

1 Like

I mean yeah, it’s clearly based on the owlbear, but I’ll note that owlbears are like, OG D&D stuff.

It’s like being surprised when a game has a floating eyeball monster with additional eyes (albeit not on tendrils)

Well not in BG3 specifically, but originated from the same universe

A shame you can’t buy it separately, $150+ is really pushing it if it’s the only mount you’re looking forward to :dracthyr_a1:

Unless you want to wait. 9/10 it’s one of 6 month wow sub mounts

Moonkin are based off of Owlbears, obviously.

I actually thought we’d never get Owlbears/Moonbeasts in WoW, until I saw the new models we’re getting for this upcoming patch.

WoW always had DnD references in it, or it’s own version of DnD monsters, just look at the Warlock Observer, that’s a Beholder lol.

And Draenei are Tieflings, etc.

A wizard did it. And a ranger has to fix it.

Fun fact: Some DnD monster are actually property of Wizards of the Coast and cannot be legally used without the proper license.

Things like mind flayers (illithids), beholders, slaads, carrion crawlers, displacer beasts and a few other require name and/or art changes to be used without a license!

2 Likes