The Gate of Unending Cycles

I wonder if anyone has any information on this area, more specifically, the 4 statues there?

The Gate of Unending Cycles is the entrance to Uldum from Tanaris. From my understanding, it was shielded to look like a mountain (as per the lore, expac design and retcons aside).

I was doing the Uldum Assault on my Druid this morning, and went by this region. The name was interesting, so I started poking around. I noticed the 4 statues there.

One appears to be a Male Tauren. But he seems to have toes, not hooves.

Another appears to be a Night Elf female.

The other two look like Tolvir or Obsidian Destroyers, except bipedal.

While I stared at them, I wondered if there was lore about them. I admit, Cata was an expac I didn’t quest much in after level cap. Maybe the answers are in Uldum questing, but I see nothing after a google search.

Why is there a Tauren with toes, a Night Elf female, and two bipedal Tolvir? Who were they? Was there a legendary Night Elf and Tauren of old who worked with the Tolvir?

Just something that intrigued me, and I wondered if someone out there had info on it.

My first inclination is that they’re the four Watcher bosses of the Halls of Origination but I’d have to go see if they actually look similar.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer. You are probably right.

Looking at the dungeon journal, the 2 Tolvir-type statues do look similar to Setesh and Rajh from the Halls of Origination. And the Tauren-type one could be Ammunae.

The Night Elf - type statue could be Iseset. Although the statue at the gate and the actual boss do not look the same to me, they are wearing the same shoes and crown.

That solves that. Thank you! Now I can stop staring at them lol.