The Gaming PC industry as a Whole atm

So I wasnt going to touch base on this just because its kind of Taboo in the PC world to do so but I have since changed my mind. I have created this thread just to raise some self awareness to my fellow WoW players and PC Gaming Enthusiast. Please dont shoot the messenger :butterfly:

At the moment buying from ANY brand is pretty much Pick Your Poison at this point. Every member of the Triad (the top 3 companies) have done “scumbaggery” at some point. (borrowed the phrase from steve at GamersNexus) Some worse than others. Yet people have quickly forgot about those during this problem with Asus.

Remember during COVID during the graphics Card shortage when MSI was caught scalping their own products? Before that Gigabyte had exploding power supplies and flat out denied RMAs and denied it was ever a REAL issue even though tech reviewers has video after video of how and why it was happening. Which is kind of along the same lines as what Asus is doing now. Companies are NOT your friends and will try to get away with whatever they can when you are not looking. Dont even get me started on Neweggs “scumbaggery”. Which to this day is still worse than Asus but not by much.

With that said? None of this is ok. Its sad its happening.

So yes it is very much Pick your Poison. So me personally, I just buy form whatever brand makes what I currently need.

I think this video touches base on a lot of what is going on.

Please feel free to share your thoughts

3 Likes

I definitely won’t be buying anything soon. Prices are ridiculous these days.

Companies trying to beat previous earnings too much.

1 Like

I only bought cause the 13700k combo was $550 before taxes which included ram motherboard and cpu.

I felt that was good but all hail the micro center gods for having Insane bundles, also tells you how much these should be selling for if they’re willing to drop the price this much

1 Like

Same. I got an insane deals myself on my Ryzen build. I went into the 7000series expecting to be a 1st Gen Beta tester. However I have been pleasantly surprised and had 0 issues what so ever. Overall Im happy with it. I guess I got VERY lucky with my x670e ROG Strix Gaming-E Wifi motherboard. Its been solid as heck. Its even given me less issues that my old x570 Dark Hero. Come to think of it I have had 0 issues with this x670e ROG Strix.

No sign of chip heat up either. Probably because like I said in the other thread I caught that Crazy SoC Voltage day 1 at first boot up. When I saw my SoC spiking to 1.4v I said heck no. Manually set it to 1.2v in bios. Memory controller did the same 1.2v.

Im also on the regular 7900x not the 3D chip so it probably never would have been an issue other than causing some faster chip degrading. The Lower Manual SoC hasnt effected Expo stability at all. 6000mhz CL30. Fully stable. But I made sure my Ram kit was on my QVL list so…

There’s no computer related entertainment I desperately want in order for me to buy a whole new hardware set up right now, especially at these prices. Most of the “better” games are on consoles. And the games that are on both consoles and PC generally play better on the consoles.

Seriously, how many people are really buying this new PC hardware right now?

You might be surprised how many people are buying these parts right now. My son owns and operates a custom PC build shop. They do custom PC builds for gamers and he has more work than he knows what to do with. He’s even had to refer some people out and flat out turn some people away.

I mean look at it logically these Tech reviewers channels would not be blowing up at the moment if people were not buying parts.

There are some insane deals going on. Provided you jump on them when they pop up. I got some pretty good deals myself. I mean heck I was able to do a whole new platform build. Ryzen 9 7900x and 6000mhz Ran with an RTX 4090 for around 3K total. My build top to bottom at full MSRP prices is probably worth about 5k if not more.

Another thing to keep in mind with the market in the shape its in atm is that your old parts are worth more than they’ve ever been worth before. When I did my build I sold my old parts for close to what I bought them for new which really helped pay for my new build. Heck I sold my Dark Hero mobo and 5900x alone back in Feb for 725$. Crazy

So yes the prices are completely insane right now if you look at them individually at full MSRP but every now and then a vendor will pop up with a killer package deal and you just have to jump on it when it pops up

I think prices will come down, but not to the level we would like. Inflation n all…

Just gotta save up or play the credit game

1 Like

The more I read about PC gaming, the more I want to get out of it for good.

1 Like

Meh I’m old and retired. If I don’t spend my money on my PC gaming Hobby the grandkids will take it and spend it on something silly

I know you can’t take it with you but I can sure it’s heck spend it on myself before I go :rofl:

1 Like