"The game being unplayable for hours is fine as long as we preserve the classic feel"

People who are natives to servers should have a special priority in queues.
This will create a system in which transferring is still possible (since Blizzard loves them so much) but at the same time there is a counter balance to make someone actually think “SHOULD I transfer?”

2 Likes

I mean part of the problem is that cross realm doesn’t exist so going to a smaller server isn’t really an option anymore. If I go to a server with low population then I don’t get to do dungeons because there aren’t as many people.

Regardless of your opinion on RDF you have to see that it has an impact on gearing and questing content when we have to use server only players to do dungeons.

3 Likes

So, there should just be a massive group of migratory players hopping from server to server indefinitely?

1 Like

Sure, they should have also invested in better servers or w/e to prevent this from happening. But we aren’t in the past, we are in the present. The solutions are transfer, reroll, wait in queue or quit.

This should be able to soothe you for most of your queue time.

Even if you spread out the entire wrath population on the 21 servers evenly… there isn’t enough room. They completely whiffed on the demand and are trying to convince about 80,000 players they made a mistake.

From a business point of view this is indefensible.

2 Likes

Why is the solution to Blizzards problem me paying $250 to transfer my 10 70s back to Grob after taking free tansfers, for a server I’ve been playing since day 1?

1 Like

This is a large cop out of personal responsibility. Actions have consequences, when players stack a server there’s usually a wait time, players not expecting this is not blizzards fault.

Players moving to these servers sought convenience that they had let themselves believe, en masse, was only available on one of two realms. Players allowed realms to die by abusing paid/free transfers and created this wait time mess.

what are your suggestions? Blizzard has stated that further layering isn’t an option/solution and that players who do not want to wait take a free or paid transfer.

It’s interesting to see a community council person point this out when the council forums seem really dead with no one bringing up the issues we’re trying to address on the wrath forums. Any thoughts on why people seem to be afraid to speak up there?

2 Likes

That’s true, but players are responsible for flocking to mega servers. If a queue has more players than the server can even hold online then clearly the situation in those servers is unsustainable. Just spread out, Blizzard isn’t going to force you to do it, the remedy has to come from players.

They actually auctioned off the old server blades lmao

No one expects the servers to be at capacity 24/7, your logic is flawed. Server pop != concurrent online players. Expansion launch is an exception because a lot of people will quit in a month. That’s just reality.

Why are you suggesting that the players are solely to blame? Blizzard let them do this.

They sought other players in an MMO. It’s the whole point.

If you believe anything this company has to say at this point… like, why? They lie constantly.

1 Like

Because Blizzard is completely ignoring the issue and just give the “take the transfer” line

7 Likes

If they can’t do anything now other than let players transfer for free, they’re not ignoring the issue. They actually started paying attention to the issue by locking these servers down.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem like they ignored the issue, you just don’t like their answer.

1 Like

Yet here were are. Queues are 15,000 deep. I realize pops will simmer down, but there is no defending this one. They knew this was going to be hot. They knew they were going to draw massive numbers. They couldn’t provide. Period.

It’s not on players. It never should have gotten to this point in the first place.

2 Likes

Servers should have been locked years ago. If we all knew this was going to be an issue so should Blizz. Doesn’t hardware as a service allow for scalibility?

1 Like

Giving someone the illusion of choice isn’t a solution.

Yes, they should have been locked long ago. They weren’t, now the overpopulation reached crazy levels. All that can be done right now is players transferring off the servers willingly. Blizzard sure as sht isn’t going to forcibly move players around, that would be even worse than inaction.

1 Like