The Future of World Buffs in Classic Era

LOL <3 toxic response

Just spent a bit of time on the PTR, so I’ll go over some more details about the item and how it works.

You buy them from Chromie & they are not soulbound, so you are able to trade them. They cost 10g each and stack to 5.

Yes, warchief’s blessing works with it.

Yes, it has a cast time. You can cast it in combat but the cast is interrupted if you take damage.

There appears to be some bugs with it. If someone unleashes head, heart or wcb with it then it affects everyone around them, potentially everyone in the zone. As well, I was still benefitting from head when I had head stored, so that aspect isn’t working. Not sure where to post these bugs as I don’t see a wow classic PTR forum but I submtited bug reports.

Oh, so its 50g gold sink to try and drain some gold before TBC

so for every 40 raiders doing this, in theory 2000g has been removed from the game

In the words of everyone on my server when coordinating drops and they are about to go out

LATE

You should have done this in Phase 1, knowing how it was going to be.

This is an interesting and, I think, a good change. Thanks Blizzard for thinking about the best way to address this and trying out something that’s hopefully the least game-breaking.

Kudos Blizz.

1 Like

This makes me want to play again…

1 Like

I don’t think this helps with “logging off” as much as Blizz thinks.

A lot of the time spent logging off is between buffs, which depending on buff drop timers can be hours or days.

Get tribute because you can at that point. Want to play a few hours later but see that rally cry has at least 5 more hours, so you’re stuck not wanting to waste tribute buffs but also not ready to snapshot anything because you don’t have them all.

We need to be able to snapshot them individually. Say get tribute, put it in the item. Then later get songflower, put it in the item, etc.

Then removing them back out pulls all the buffs out at once.

The cooldown on the item appears to be quite buggy. Two separate items are involved:

1. Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer. Unique and soulbound. This contains your world buffs and also gives you a buff that shows which world buffs you have stored and how long you have them stored for.

2. Chronoboon Displacer. You can trade it. This is the item you buy from Chromie for 10g each and stacks up to 5.

The cooldowns are behaving oddly, to say the least. I stored my buffs and there was an hour cooldown on the Chronoboon Displacer as was indicated would happen. For some reason when I relogged the cooldown went down half an hour. There was no cooldown on the Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer though, as is likely intended.

When I unleashed my buffs using the Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer it also made the Chronoboon Displacer go on cooldown, but relogging removed the CD. I then stored my active buffs again using the Chronoboon Displacer. The Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer has an hour cooldown even after relogging, as is intended I assume, as I had just unleashed my buffs. However, the cooldown of the Chronoboon Displacer once again went down by half an hour when I relogged.

I’m unsure why this is happening but I don’t think the cooldown randomly reducing in this manner is intended.

Just tested it on PTR some. I was able to get 2x Songflower on the same character (yes they stacked) imgur(dot)com/3KRf3lf.png

I just picked songflower, stored it in device, consumed the device to restore songflower and picked another.

2 Likes

I follow the logic you’re using, but its not only that logging off to preserve buffs is not fun… running around to collect them on a bi-weekly basis is not fun either. It takes an hour to get them all (when coordinating 40 people) and/or wastes peoples time farming shards for summoning alts etc.

Running all over the world for a 1 time quest is justifiable since you only have to do it once. Annoying fine, but once and done.
Running all over the world weekly is super annoying.
Even worse is feeling pressured to level alts so a guild can have more people to do WB turn-ins with. Days of played time grinding levels (or boosting)… for 15min of buffing? How is that fun?
If you’re going to justify making this change thematically with an item, why not just go for a full quest?

Chromie sends you on a quest to collect all the available world buffs.
Once you have them all, return to Chromie and she will wrap those into the chronoboon thingy. The item will on-use re-apply full duration world buffs with a 5hr cooldown.
Once you have it you NEVER have to run around like a guy on speed to collect the buffs, trying to optimize your route to save precious seconds ticking down on the existing buffs (which with your proposed system will NOT change).

This to me makes a lot more sense.
If you want to keep some sort of gold sink you can make it require a reagent to use the chronoboon contraption. I’ll gladly pay to avoid wasting my time running around the world.

That said, I would still prefer if WB meta were entirely removed from the raiding scene. I feel like they are a crutch. Practice the boss enough to get the mechanics down, then cheese the execution with the equivalent of an extra tier of gear over what you’re supposed to have.
But if I had to choose a version of the game with WB still existing… my quest solution would be my preference.

5 Likes

If blizzard wanted to really get people… they would change the stats of all the world buffs to do the negative version of each type.

If you right click your own world buffs you lose 70% of your gold through a gold penalty. And every gdkp is like that.

And I don’t think you understand the concept of 99% of players dont know how to start their own raid and organize everyone and know all the boss fights and never will and will most likely quit. This option prevents quitters and gives flexibility.

Most likely your approach scares them away. They would rather buy gold and pay tens of thousands of gold to buy bindings than lead and get it for free because they dont know how to. They are not raid leaders and dont have the knowledge to lead.

Cater to these people you have more subs and make the game more challenging.

Get ready to lose 2000 gold in naxx. 70% of the pot is gone if you do that. I think youre missing the reality. You dont have a choice.

Bad idea. Did you even bother to stop and think about the repercussions?

Get ready to lose 2000 gold in naxx. 70% of the pot is gone if you do that. I think youre missing the reality. You dont have a choice.

https://i.imgur.com/yuzbYyS.jpg

https://ibb.co/TKYcXHX

And I don’t think you understand the concept of 99% of players dont know how to start their own raid and organize everyone and know all the boss fights and never will and will most likely quit. This option prevents quitters and gives flexibility.

Most likely your approach scares them away. They would rather buy gold and pay tens of thousands of gold to buy bindings than lead and get it for free because they dont know how to. They are not raid leaders and dont have the knowledge to lead.

Cater to these people you have more subs and make the game more challenging.

Dispelling is not pvp. That’s like me running around using perception only being pvp.

Pvp is player verse player. You aren’t versing them by dispelling them only. In order to verse someone you have to tank their damage or damage them. It’s not enough to cast any spell for it to be considered pvp. Being in combat is not enough to be considered pvp.

It is though. Its PvP, wether you like it or not. Also what you think is gonna happen once your buffs are dispelled. The dispeller just gets to walk away, or the guy with the buffs just leaves and both tip their hat and thats the encounter? City rezzers usually get zerged down the second they spawn. When does PvP start there? When the first guy hits him?

Just stop trying to argue that its not PvP. Its part of the game and if you can not stomache it, i really suggest a pve server. They are literally made for exactly that reason

3 Likes

I don’t buy running around and using only perception while its on cooldown “pvp”.
I just dont and nothing you say can convince me.

The problem with your comparison is that running around using perception does not really affect another player. Same as me using sprint in stealth. You gave that example and it does not fit at all to compare it to dispelling someone. Nobody is affected by you passively using your perception. Dispel or Purge involves other players. Hence PvP

1 Like

Yes it does. Stealthed players. Changes the whole fight when you get auto reckbombed. Bye.