The future of this realm

So I am honestly curious but what does anyone think about the future of this realm? As I am very uncertain as this realm seems to still be trying to find its itself and I am not sure it can. Like I am honestly wondering if anyone shares my concerns or not about if this server can actually become a community or not. If that makes any sense.

I’m worried about this as well

I am glad to see I am not alone on this issue(granted I do not know if its a classic thing or a realm thing) but I do find there seems to be very little organization right now when it comes to well anything.

I think the majority of people are out leveling and stuff. Once more people start hitting 60, i think people will slow down and start forming a cummunity. Right now, everyone is just focused.
On a different note, our server seems to have a lot of cancer in the trade and general chats. Im sure this is going on in every server but holy crap. Every time i fly over goldshire, people are just going ape shot with the super cancer speak. I am hoping in 2 weeks, this will die down as most of the bfa cancer will go back.

1 Like

I’d prepare for disappointment if I were you on that front. All things considered, we seem to be getting off easy on this front compared to a lot of the others. Old Blanchy isn’t an edgy enough server name, and we aren’t PVP.

But that’s the gamer community today. It was created by CoD, Gears of War, League of Legends, Fortnite, and tempered through 4chan. Find a mature guild, that’s your real community.

2 Likes

Edit: this is way outdated, there are tons of alliance players

OP:
I’m a little concerned too but I think there’s been enough people leveling that I’ll be able to find a suitable guild on the Alliance side.

I just posted my census data in another thread.

Don’t forget the server is going to appear 2-10x more dead than it actually is due to layering. But a /who shows at least 100 people over level 45 already and probably way more than that, maybe even 4-500.

It always busy in the Barrens, Stone, HB and everywhere between. Overall I have found very nice people. I have a level 14 alliance hunter as well to see the other side and it was always healthy wherever I was.

I am curious as to our split in faction. I feel like there are a lot more Horde than I thought there would be. Tons of hunters and mages but not sure how many will be main characters and not just farmers for future mains. I have mages in groups all the time and I see hunters everywhere I look tagging every open mob possible. If these are farmers then there will be a solid 2nd wave of mains like more warriors and such coming through with gold in their pockets.

Both sides I found friendly but Horde has been more robust for me thus far. I think we will be fine. I grouped with a Spanish speaking group where one player only spoke Spanish. There are at least two Spanish speaking guilds and that population I am sure will grow. My Spanish is slow so I didn’t even try to converse but very friendly.

Thanks for all the run by buffs and I will continue to do so. See someone struggling, help them out if you can. No one has made my ignore list although a warrior came close last night. We will be good.

1 Like

This is the case because many of us many many of us , came here because we were faced with a 6+ hour Q on servers we reserved names on. Yet I feel I am staying here. I actually like the people here. But it feels the way you describe because of all the people who had planned on playing elsewhere.

I do my best to be a good citizen on the server. I regularly toss buffs on people, help people with quests even if I already completed it, etc. I think taking actions such as these help to make the server a brighter place for all. For the most part people have been polite in parties I have been in… but things like Barrens chat can get toxic.

Let’s all hope for the best and treat each other with a modicum of respect and camaraderie… we will turn out okay I am sure. (optimist hat on)

Meh, I saw some pretty bad stuff on Halo 2 as well. I laughed, back then…

My census from last night says ~9400 alliance players