The Fundamental Flaws with the "Balanced Servers" Argument

Because blizzard isn’t a smart company.

-Undead Rogue.

Your entire apologist post is based on this strawman argument.

No one has ever in any of the hundreds of threads and posts I have read even suggested this.

0/10. Get a writer next time who understands the issues involved.

Well, Blizzard is copying the Vanilla ruleset, because that is what players have been saying they want and saying “was better”. No company can re-create “the typical player”, so that’s not on Blizzard. In fact, very few decisions in Classic aren’t just “copying Vanilla”.

BUT server size in Classic is one of those 2019 issues – not a copy. The way they handled population problems (free server transfers) made faction balance worse. And timing – when features are released – is also something they choose in 2019.

I hope the opening of BGs in 4 days will improve the situation. If it doesn’t help much, Blizz will have to consider other changes. But so far I haven’t seen any good suggestions. “Forcing players to do things the players don’t want to do” isn’t a good idea for a game company. It’s fine to suggest “force OTHER players, not me” but we’re all “other players”.

The fact that you simply assumed that I am on a pvp server indicates the amount of thought you’re putting (or not putting, to be more accurate) into anything people who disagrees with you is saying.

How about in the future nobody argues about stuff and makes fun of each other and we treat each other like normal people

Sure, I agree that it’s hard to organically have a 50/50 server distribution but by opening up faction-specific server transfers you’re absolutely incorrect in saying it isn’t Blizzard’s fault that some servers are hopelessly imbalanced one way or another.

What’s another way to open server transfers?

Not do it to begin with.

As an undead im shocked to see that you dont see a problem with the situation… shocked.
People picked their servers with absolutely no information available. ALL of the pvp servers were Full/high at launch. There was no reliable/easily attainable demographic information. What you’re saying would be true had those people made an informed decision.

Would it be a perfect fit? obviously not. Would one faction be able to constantly dominate to the point of griefing? obviously not. It would be so so so much closer to “fair” than on even a moderately balanced 40/60 server.

Welp… this “problem” that you think doesnt exist is killing the servers. Frankly until youve been the one camped for a week straight your opinion on the state of this being a “problem” or not doesnt hold a lot of weight.

Missing the whole point of the argument?

Oh, it’s an undead mage. Should have checked before I read the post.

So there it is, you getting killed all the time is making you perceive that your server has more of the other faction. It’s not necessarily true

Was it just a perception on flamelash? Cuz thats fixing to happen on a bunch of servers. My server has gone from ~45:55 to 33:67 since P2 launched. Stop denying there is a problem. Wow population stats along with the fact that ive spoken to a bunch of people who have logged off to not be seen in weeks. Oh and just look around, its not packs of lvl 60 alliance outside gadgetzan, roaming hinterlands, I’m “perceiving” this like I’m perceiving gravity.

1 Like

Alright well end of the day I guess I don’t care as much. Also change the censor in ur post if u don’t want a vacation :roll_eyes:

I still think that data though is mumbo jumbo. Also I’m sceptical about whatever is happening on flamelash and I’m not about to start watching those twitch videos to find out :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think the real issue is they faced enormous pressure to get rid of layering, due to its being the most blatant change from vanilla and only defended by most as a temporary necessary evil.

So what to do when the active population of a server stubbornly refuses to drop below, say, 2.5x the vanilla cap? Say “j/k we can’t turn it off yet?” That would have caused enormous anger and would actually have probably forced them to delay phase 2 since world bosses and world PvP would be far inferior in a layered world.

Force the other 1.5x into a queue? They clearly did this to some extent but it was not feasible to try to force 2/3rd of the population off the server.

Option 3: turn it off and hope, and stay EXTREMELY vague about the actual numbers you’re using.

So… just going to lead off with an assertion without a single attempt to justify it?

Well at least you put this up front. No need to continue when the rest when you can’t even establish WHY it isn’t a problem.

It’s isn’t about not getting killed. It’s about not being outnumbered 10-1 literally everywhere in the open world.

You’re right it was not intended to be fair but the extreme we are seeing today makes the game unplayable on some servers. Look up Flamelash.

That’s why the queue is 50/50. Only 50% alliance can access the server where horde have the other half. Too many horde online? Queue. Not enough ally on at the same time? No Queue.

You could but it is far less likely. Because of the populations today a 60/40 balance means one faction has 50% more people than the other. That is a massive advantage when the server pops are 5x what they used to be.

This is probably your weakest argument. Blizz can announce transfers and the end date simultaneously. This is a communication problem blizzard has not a flaw in the server transfer system. Allowing balance based server transfers should of been implemented day one of transfers. If you really want to see what destroys communities and player bases go look at Flamelash again.

Again check flamelash. Everything here is connected. I understand why you are okay with the system how it is. It benefits you. You can hide behind a 40man raid anywhere in the world while you chase ally down at a 10-1 horde ratio. The ironic thing about your post is (again flamelash) the rest of the community WILL suffer. What’s true for anything in history is when the balance becomes too unbearable the disenfranchised turn the system upside down on itself.

You really don’t have valid thoughts. You should think more before you spew this nonsense on the forums.

Nothing to see here. Move along! lol
Faction imbalance is horrible. Long queues, corpse camping and a host of other over all bad experiences. Corpse camping is just a sign of weak character. Some people do whatever it takes to over compensate for, well…