The First Week of Shadowlands Season 1

Two weeks in and I’m already ‘not trying’ at 171 ilvl because ive gotten garbage m0 drop luck.

And folks wonder why we call this game toxic. What a joke.

2 Likes

I saw your comment. You’re not wrong. I’m not saying the system is perfect. On the other hand, since M+ rewards are going to be lower ilvl than Heroic Raid gear, once Mythic is released it might be a different story.

But you can? This is just your opinion. You dont need to do M+. It was even said by blizzard that they want gearing through any of the 3 main methods (rated PvP/M+ raiding) to all be equal over the course of a season. You could also choose any combination of the two and be fine. For example I’m going to PVP and M+. Someone who raids mythic and PvPs will be right their with me. There are no issues. Its in your head.

So I just need to get a 10 done and hit 1800 this week correct? Honestly the conquest gearing isnt as fast as I expected but I think it’s a solid design. It seems weapons only drop on the last boss of the raid which I’m not a fan of mostly because I really didn’t really want to raid. And Afaik I can’t get a CQ weapon until week 4?

Icy veins say all gear starts at 1200 conquest. Their information must be wrong then.

Yep it’s out of date, just go look at the vendor in oribos

Just play with your guild/friends if you feel like you need to do M+?

But you are wrong though. In BFA, you had to M+ in order to be competitive in PVP. Almost all raid guilds expect you to complete your weekly key too. It might not be mandatory, but the community pressure is there to run it. Anyone that is competitive pretty much has to run M+. So tired of arguing with you M+ defenders. If you want to play an action RPG dungeon grinder, then go play PAth of Exile or Diablo.

1 Like

So stop arguing then. Revolution is correct that there are multiple ways to gear up. M+ has an active community and isn’t going anywhere. While I appreciate your advice, I will play the game(s) I like and will make the best of the gameplay it offers me.

you have 7 m0 pieces, that’s not garbage luck at all. but i really dont think an LFR player has the insight to critique what “competitive” players will want to do. the bottom line is if you dont like doing something, you do not have to participate in it. If you feel that the M+ community is a toxic cesspool then I would have to HARD disagree with you. It sounds like you havent taken much initiative into making your own groups for things and getting better yourself, but rather just trying to join groups and getting denied because “these elitist raider io players” keep declining you.

Start looking at what you can do yourself to make your character better and not blaming others. “wahhh i get garbo mythic drops” meanwhile you have still so many normal pieces and as i mentioned before, SEVEN mythic pieces. that’s not even bad. Sometimes you have to go through all the steps many times to progress your character which doesnt mean upgrade your normal dungeon gear straight to mythic dungeon gear. If you didnt get lucky with mythics, farm heroics and fix those 158 pieces, next reset you can slowly get better and better gear but this whole xpac will only see small increments in power with all of the power and level squish, no titanforging, lower drop chances, and many other things just make each drop more valuable. You are in a guild, you dont have to pug all the content. Do m+ with them if you feel like “the community” is toxic.

9 Likes

“In BFA…” this isnt bfa my guy. Which is exactly why they have made the changes that they have made. I for one, feel as if it’s a fair step in a better direction to making all forms of “competitive” play an equal level of reward-to-work ratio. Especially if you are a PvP player i do not understand how you can critique others that want to do M+. doing the same content in a scaling manner is the exact same thing as competitive PVP. M+ has the same bosses and trash that get harder as you climb. PVP has the same classes and spells and abilities and the players just get better and harder as you climb. I’m not sure how new to the game you are but there has always been a cross-neccessity to participate in multiple forms of gearing if you want to take all the effective steps at making your character better in whichever mode you enjoy playing most. I.E. - not getting lucky with dungeon drops but just need a couple upgrade pieces, farm pvp and buy some of the pieces that would be an upgrade. with the lack of titanforging, its 100% possible that the stats on a PVP piece makes it BiS for a PVE player. That’s just how the game goes but i do not think its fair for you to shame others because they find a particular content fun and enjoyable and rewarding.

lol, did you really log onto a newborn level 45 forum alt just to post this pile of bloviating nonsense, while simultaneously crying “bUt wE aReNt ToXic”? How embarrassing.

1 Like

No I’m really not. There are plenty of high rated PVPers who dont touch M+. That alone is proof youre incorrect. Does it help?yes. Is it mandatory? No.

Very dissapointing, but not surprising in the slightest.

I’m glad I didn’t pre-order or buy Shadowlands.

I thought this was going to be the expansion that I wouldn’t have to PvE to PvP.

Increase conquest weekly cap and remove achievement for weapons pls.

1 Like

here’s my main :slight_smile:

2 Likes

imagine having to flag a post because it goes against what you think. Enjoy LFR when it comes out.

5 Likes

do you feel better now, sweetie?

I just think its funny that you have to resort to such measures when this forum is made to help people become better players are you seem to be refusing to do so, cupcake.

2 Likes

imo it is pretty reasonable to expect that players engage with multiple types of end-game content if they expect the “best” gear. The game has functioned this way since vanilla.

1 Like