The fate of all souls

Within the broken Tusk Inn of Orgrimmar, 2 Horde veterans sat together. A Undead death Knight known as Rotalius, and a Orc shaman by the name of Gornakokle, who, and many people avoided talking to him for this very reason, was a ghost. “I am not sure why I am still here, but I had assumed it was because Azeroth still has need of me. But if this is the case, why was I not raised by one of those val’kyr-like things?” Gornakokle said. “Perhaps it is because you are not supposed to be here in the first place.” Rotalius replied. “You cannot rest easily in your grave, most likely because you feel Azeroth still has need of you. You cannot accept the fact that your time on Azeroth is over. This could be why you have not yet entered the shadowlands.”

“I suppose you are right Rotalius, but is it possible to enter the shadowlands while I am in this state of- um, nonacceptance?” “Yes, in order to do so, you must be completely sure Azeroth will be fine without you. Even though you understand this, there is a little piece of you that still thinks you should stay.”

"The first thing we will do to convince you to move on is show you the might of Orgrimmar. Rotalius and Gornakokle left the Broken Tusk Inn. Rotalius showed Gornakokle the guards at their posts and pointed out some of the greatest horde champions to ever live. He then reminded Gornakokle of all that the horde has been through. When Illidan Stormrage was defeated at the Black Temple, the horde was There. When the lich king was defeated, the horde was there. When Deathwing the Destroyer was killed, the horde was there.

“After the betrayal of Sylvanas, the horde decided to have a council instead of a war chief. This will ensure that the horde would never commit atrocities that Sylvanas had lead it to do.” Rotalius said. “You are right, but what if the Alliance ever seeks revenge fort the burning of teldressil? Will we be able to defeat them, or will we be crushed under the boot of the Alliance?”

Rotalius knew exactly how to answer this question. He and Gornakokle went through a portal to Zandalar. “Behold the might of Zandalar. A city made of pure gold. With the aid of the Zandalari, the Alliance could not ever defeat us!”

With that, Gornakokle said, “I am convinced. I am sure that my time has come. That the horde will stay strong.” “Good” Rotalius replied. “Now you must bring me to where you were killed.” The 2 veterans went to Frostfire Ridge, Draenor using a portal. They stayed away from any Draenie, as to not be killed by the army of the light. Gornakokle took Rotalius to the bottom of a tall hill. The edge of the hill was right above them, and the body of Gornakokle right next to them.

“Here. This is where I died.” Gornakokle said. “do you believe that the horde will continue to grow without you?” Rotalius asked. “I do. And now that you say it out loud, it really does sound quite absurd.” “It does.” Rotalius Replied. The moment the words left Rotalius’s mouth, Gornakokle was gone.

Before Gornakokle realized what was happening, he was flying through the sky-no, not the sky. The shadowlands. He saw the arbiter judging souls, and venthyr walking through Revendreth. But he saw something else. He saw hundreds of souls trapped in an inescapable place.

He landed in that place. A strange creature walked towards him. It was like a man covered in strange armor. But it wasn’t a man, it had no flesh. It was like a spirit.
“Welcome to The Maw. You are going to be here for a long, long time.”

1 Like