The Faction Rivalry

Seriously the fact the story made Jania want to genocide Orcs like her father is stomach churning levels of vile.

What in the airborne fornication was wrong about a story how letting go of intergenerational prejudice, even at severe personal cost, was the only way forward for a better world?

With today’s IRL problems in mind I’m speechless Blizz managed to retroactively screw up a story point as utterly simple as ‘bigotry is bad’.

I’m not going to blame Blizz for human wrongdoing because their writer’s are bad. But as someone who did play Vanilla I couldn’t help but notice Barrens chat was a lot worse in Classic. It was never some hub of enlightened conversation but - mainly remember Chuck Norris jokes ad nauseam, teenagers lying about their sexual prowess and griefing about the location of Mankirk’s Wife. Didn’t recall so many ‘jokes’ that seemed aimed at making certain portions of the playerbase feel pointedly unwelcome.

Now I do think that’s more an indictment of this poop party of a time we’re in than anything Blizzard is doing. But come the hell on Blizz. A story going from “You’ve to work with different looking peope from different looking cultures to save the world” to “you should be haunted by ghosts singing a song about how much you suck for doubting your racist dad” is like the least helpful thing.

I get they tried to course correct but after making the Horde totally down with Genocide McGhostboobs it comes off as hollow.

17 Likes