The fact that Tauren joined the Horde is racist and needs to stop

I misclicked. But what Thrall wants does not matter since he is not the warchief anymore. He gave the Orcs a rough life for no reasons while all alliance races continue to flourish and have the best situation possible. He should be held accountable.

You mean the forest that Daelin cut down then was raized in Cycle of hatred?

You mean like 95% of Erevien’s ideas/wishes?

4 Likes

I havent read cycle in ages but 99% said forest was never part of the book.

It was during cycle of Hatred that the forest in Thunder Ridge was razed, by the Burning Blade clan, driving the Thunder Lizards to Drygulch Ravine. Thrall asked for Jaina’s aid in relocating said lizards.

Pretty much. The majority of his ideas are beyond terrible and would do more harm to the horde and it’s fanbase than good.

1 Like

Yeah. he just does not get that the reason for Horde being in such dire straits is due to ones like him getting the Horde they wanted but it not being able to sustain the game in the long run, at least not without a split into a 3rd faction somehow,

2 Likes

The reason the majority of the Horde lives in poverty is that the leaders always appease to the alliance and avoid conflict in the places where plenty of resources are to be found.

It’s why I think Erevien’s an SI:7 plant.

3 Likes

I am the most loyal Horde fan ever.

1 Like

C’mon Erevien, you know that doesn’t make you sound less like a plant.

3 Likes

Without me the tyranny of alliance bias would continue to ruin the Horde with no resistance.

You’re not making a difference though. Blizz is going to write what they want

2 Likes

and they sometime fall into the old horde stories (Horde=bad/evil) and then we get the crap the Horde has had done to them because they realize that the game really can’t continue with that Horde.

I am not one that says the Horde has to be good/heroes (at least not in the classic sense) but would it be so wrong to have the Horde painted as heroes in their story and Anti-heroes over all?

3 Likes

I think most of us, at least those of us who are reasonable, would love to have the horde portrayed as heroes in their own stories or at least portrayed less violently stupid

I would love nothing more to be able to root for the horde without feeling guilty about it

In the stories I have made for my characters, they go along with what the Horde is doing, on the surface. However they are actually a neutral, cross-faction merc band that is more about making sure that we all have a world to call home that can support everyone once all the fighting is over and done with.

2 Likes

This is all I’ve ever wanted as a Horde player, and Blizzard has dropped the ball every single time since Cata.

Because these writers are hacks and are only capable of empathizing with (and writing for) humans, and elves that act like humans, or undead that look like pale humans.

If you’re a writer for a high-fantasy world, and you can’t move beyond humans as a tool for empathy and storytelling, then you need to quit your job.

3 Likes

The Horde had it’s moments of empathy in storytelling. In Vanilla WoW, I recall a quest where you collect bat pelts to knit a quilt for a Forsaken whom was losing herself. It was a soft touch on the topic of aging and alzheimer’s disease.

The problem is a quest like that gets overshadowed pretty damned hard when you go to Hillsbrad and literally gas a bunch of farmers in a room in a horrifying reminder of the atrocities of a certain WW2 german political party.

The problem isn’t so much that the Horde lacks sympathetic storylines, it’s that the writers went out of the way to bulldoze over it in horrifying acts of pure evil.

6 Likes

and then we have cases like Hillsbrad in Cata, where we can either free the human “crops” or smash their heads in.

2 Likes

And what you just described is beneath the bare minimum requirement for roughly half the player-bases chosen faction.

And it all kinda goes downhill from there, doesn’t it?

Yes.

4 Likes