The fact that Tauren joined the Horde is racist and needs to stop

Fair enough! Point taken.

1 Like

Considering the word ghoul comes from Pre-Islamic Arabic folklore, I’ve decided the Forsaken’s racial and indeed all depictions of cannibalistic undead from “Night of the Living Dead” (1968) onward are in fact a secret slight against the good people of the Middle East.

In this essay I will desperately attempt to justify my degree to myself now that the destruction of HuffPo, Vice and shortly Twitter have made outrage culture merchants functionally obsolete as really this is about the only job you could probably replace yesterday with ChatGPT.

Point One;

PAY OUR SUBSCRIPTION FEE FOR THE WHOLE ARTICLE!

PS: Side note it is immensely funny to me that people are calling it Xwitter now. As Zwitter is the German word for hermaphrodite. Something I can’t imagine “my own daughter doesnt speak to me” Musk is thrilled about.

1 Like

Since when does anyone care what a bunch of puritans think?

I mean. They kinda made people by lynching them. Numbers game really.

Italians are fine now though. According to my Sicilian grandfather we teamed up with the Jews and twisted their arms. Which is a half truth. Yeah running the underground certainly was helpful but social programs launched under FDR really made the difference.

Programs that were denied to browner or black Americans. To their own peril I might add. Detroit looks as apocalyptic as it does in large thanks to red lining. And it’s why Chicago is still shockingly segregated.

Seriously I hang out in Auburn Park a lot. It’s the south-southside of Chicago. Bit of a hidden gem really. The city’s stubborn refusal to invest in it’s infrastructure and it’s proximity to the infamous Englewood make people think it’s a war zone but no genuinely a lovely neighborhood where everyone knows eachother and your biggest danger at 3am are overly affectionate alley cats.

But I’m the only non-black person there for square miles. Which works in my favor what with being an androgynous südkraut. Suffice to say it’s nice to be considered exotic on occasion at least.

Neighborhood would be booming if anyone just invested in local buisness owners. But WASP dollars only come if they get to come with and ruin everything. I respect the people dutifully unloading into planks of wood now and again to keep the property taxes where they’re at.

That bunch of puritans included a Horde of Trekkies who unleashed hate on Uhura the way they do on Michael Burnham now. They didn’t have the Internet to give them the microphone it does now. Roddenberry kept Nichols though since he was still doing the horizontal boop with her, but he marginalized her character for the rest of the series which was why she had decided to quit until Roddenberry pulled an MLK on her.

Once spent a week in Chicago for training on some graphic printers… It earns it’s Windy City nickname honestly. I suspect that’s why the sidewalks are so clean. Had a great time save for fainting in the Planetarium due to heat stroke.

We should collectively just stop giving racists a platform in fandom.

1 Like

It truly is a lovely city.

There are to be fair serious crime problems but really only in the most poor and by extension most wealthy neighborhoods. Long as you aren’t walking around holding overstuffed purses or other pricey objects you’ll be fine. My other advice would be don’t live in certain parts of the South or West Side but the residents would agree with me they’re just stuck there for one reason or another.

I love it because the Lake Mothers chase tourists right out come Winter. That same lake effect wind that makes even the harshest of heat waves tolerable will outright kill you come a cold snap six months later.

But that’s why I adore the Great Lakes. They’ve a way of cutting people down to their true self. No room for BS when it’s -25 with windchill.

Racists is too vague of a term. Everyone’s a bit prejudice. Like if you offered me dinner but said it could only be cooked by either this random Englishman or Frenchman, I would of course murder them both and seize the kitchen to honor both my Germanic and Italian heritage.

It’s the fascists I worry about. And unfortunately they’re evil, not stupid. Where there’s a method of propaganda they’ll be there. Much like cancer, mosquitos and floods I’m afraid we may have to do these dances with them forever. So long as humanity is tribalistic in nature they’ll be around in one form or another.

My mother is french and my dad was driving down the road from our cottage in Quebec and he kept muttering under his breath. “Stupid frogs.” and my mom finally had enough and she said, 'If you hate french people so bad why did you marry one?." and my dad said. “no there are literal frogs on the road. Thousands of them.” and my mom said, “Oh!”

I’ve a mixed opinion on the French. I get along swimmingly with a lot of them. I had the misfortune of meeting only Parisians for awhile and was befuddled how in Christ’s name American WW2 GIs fell so hopelessly in love with these stuck up, arrogant, elitist pricks. They hate you if you don’t speak French then get even madder if you try to.

Then I met some French women (and men) from places like Annecy. Then I got it. Oh these were the dudes who conquered for Charlemagne and Napoleon and would kill N@ZIs by the bushel with an empty wine bottle and stale baguette. Yeah I can see the attraction.

But anytime I run into a Parisians my blood starts screaming;

Similar opinion but less intense opinion toward Englishmen. They’re either the most painfully boring human beings you will ever encounter. Or the coolest human beings you’ll ever encounter. They have 0 middle ground. Either their childhood dream was being an accountant or they make medieval armor out’ve random scrap metal, speak 7 languages and have an arrest warrant in Vietnam for inciting a riot. 0 middle ground.

As for the Slavs. We’re fine. Because any conflict with them has been settled with a combination of a fist fight, drinking contest and dance off.

We get along fine.

The French are very racist, it’s not so much a generalization but an unspoken fact.

Well so are the Eastern Europeans. And. Really pretty much everyone not from North America if we’re being honest.

Seriously the government of the USA is racist af but that’s because it’s run by mfers so old they’re now having brain hemorrhages on camera.

The actual people of the USA are pretty accepting. Obviously conditions apply you still have hyper homogenous communities in the middle of duck and all who think the Confederacy killed Hitler or whatever.

But I grew up in a genuine multicultural society you won’t and indeed can’t find elsewhere. Suffice to say you can eat food from every single country on this planet without ever leaving the Greater Chicagoland Area. And I’m proud of that. Extremely proud of that.

The reason I’m as celebratory toward my heritage as I am is because I am and always have been surrounded by a sea of cultures. In such a diaspora where you came from and by extension who you are become extremely pertinent to your very sense of identity.

I adore that I can share my heritage with the dozens of national expats that live here. Their ghost stories, their legends, and of course their culinary wisdom.

E Pluribus Unum, indeed.

2 Likes

The Brits give them a run for the money in that department, but there really isn’t any strand of Human ethnicity that’s exempt from this charge. Racism is our inheritance from our reptillian ancestors. We’re all racists to some degree, the difference is how (and if) we manage it our counter it with our genetic drives to community. We don’t have to be ruled by it any more than we are by our sex drives. But like that latter it IS there.

1 Like

I saw a really good off broadway show that had a catchy sing let me find it. https://youtu.be/RovF1zsDoeM