The Extra 500 Tenders Was an Easy W

But once again, Blizz snatches defeat from the jaws of victory.

Something that people thought was simply Blizzard showing a goodwill gesture instead got nipped by an early morning hotfix on a holiday.

Couldn’t just chalk the extra 500 tenders up to a surprise addition to the monthly reward and let people buy something extra off the post. Nope, fun detected. The EU early birds got their extra 500 tenders and everyone else gets the rotten cat food once again.

Retracting what I said. Took wowhead comments at face value instead of thinking that people couldn’t count. Turns out that’s what it was.

You still get 1500 tenders.

Edit #2: Including CM quote:

I’ll just go walk away with my tail between my legs while I continue to eat crow.

10 Likes

yeah, well, lets not act as if we were that surprised, thats usually what they do sadly

1 Like

Well the meta item is a wrist mog worth 100-200 tender so really they didn’t do much good there

3 Likes

I mean the 500 extra sounded very exciting and something that would actually make players return, because the watch has to be, hands down, the worst and most lacking monthly reward of the entire existence of the Trading post.

15 Likes

You can usually tell just by the author of a thread if it’s going to be a complaint, constructive, or positive thread.

There’s really no reason to always look for the negatives and complain about everything, it’s kinda crazy tbh.

3 Likes

This is true, it’s threads are either low key trolling or complaints.

1 Like

Retracted.

i got 600 at beginning, 400 when i was done. where’s the extra 500?

Yeah…it didn’t give me those 500 tenders when I completed it a couple of hours ago. All I got was this watch that no one will ever see.

2 Likes

Hi all –

I just wanted to clarify, the additional 500 Trader’s Tender is part of the rewards for the Trading Post Enthusiast achievement, which is completed by earning the Trading Post monthly bonus reward 12 times. An issue has been identified where this isn’t listed as one of the rewards for this achievement and is actively being looked into. Thank you for your patience.

29 Likes

Oh ok so that explains it. Thanks for the clarification!

So the devs did NOT, in fact, recognize the value problem they created by making a simple wrist watch the monthly reward? That doesn’t exactly fill me with excitement for future months …

9 Likes

I want tenders for doing it for 8 months!

I wondered why I had 1500 tenders when I finished the month and collected my chest instead of 1000, I figured it was some kind of this-month bonus from something.

We don’t know how things went down internally. The sudden appearance of the 500 tenders reeks almost like damage control, because it was never mentioned anywhere.

Perhaps you should also look into the bug that is affecting many of us where the achievement progress hasn’t been tracking correctly. I have completed 12 months but my achievement says 11/12, but I’m sure you’ll ignore this and pretend that the achievement is working fine.

Maybe you should read the bug report forum once in a while. There are hundreds if not thousands of unresolved bugs because you don’t read that forum.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification, though I’m not exactly happy about it.

1 Like

Theyll probably make note of that.

still was short by 75 points to buy the 2nd mount. they need to increase the numbers to earn more. for the week. lots of xmog lost due to latch of tenders

1 Like

To be fair, the appropriate staff (of which Bornakk isn’t part of) do read the Bug Report forum, what they don’t do is respond there, generally. Which can make it look like nothing is being done, communication would be better, but that doesn’t mean that duck feet aren’t paddling under the surface of the water.

I’m sure they’re aware, are working on it, and once they have a fix they’ll roll out whether they need people to submit individual tickets or if they can just take care of it from their side. Bugs can be notoriously hard to pin down and fix without breaking something else, which doesn’t make it not-frustrating, but lashing out at people who are just trying to help and keep you in the loop isn’t going to make it happen any faster.

4 Likes