The Enlightened reputation for new players to achieve Unity legendary

they get the same amount of rep for those chores as we did just a few weeks ago.

they can get the 265 belt by doing the same questline I did to get it.

so, yes. I do expect that new players will come in, play the same game I did, and get to end game of the current tier at the same pace it took me.

1 Like

The content you play the most does not give you reputation, in my case is grinding M+ keys, then, I got nothing for 25+ runs I did this two frist weeks, which are some hours of playing.

My point is that, at this point of the season, we could get Unity legendary by other means more than a weekly soft capped reputation.

Pls Blizzard hear my prayers lol

Right, 7 times a week - is 140 minutes (~2.5 hours). For 3 weeks.

Again it isn’t “hard”.

I can just think of much better ways to spend my time. You know, with things I actually enjoy.

You are correct, in the grand-scheme of WoW grinds it isn’t “terrible”. Not being terrible, doesn’t mean “good” though.

I mean, Torghast only took about 20-30 minute per clear and that was only twice a week. So did you think this one was ok?

The raid wasn’t out when most of the guides were written. The rep may have even been added after the fact.

It isn’t a ton of rep though, and LFR can be quite time consuming, so ymmv on whether or not it is worthwhile.

Then it’s not a priority and you can use the free gift unity.

1 Like

?

Doesn’t really address my point. No one wants to leave free damage on the table.

Sure you can commit to being mediocre if it floats your boat. Doesn’t change the fact that the grind sucked.

Actually it does. If you don’t want to put the effort into getting unity memory by spending twenty minutes a day on the wqs then you can use the 265 belt that’s free.

The grind is literally the easiest grind I. The history of WoW. Again if you can’t put forth the minimalist effort then use the welfare belt.

1 Like

I mean

this was the easiest rep grind in the history of rep grinds. if we’re whining about this one, I don’t even know what people expect.

you literally didn’t have to grind.

it was basically a gate, not a grind.

and considering just how trivial the rep “grind” was, no. new players should not just waltz in and get max rank unity for free.

they can get the 265 by doing the questline in one day, then they can build rep with enlightened just like the rest of us did for the 291.

1 Like

Or just stopping character power to grinds.

It wasn’t fun in Torghast. It wasn’t fun with enlightened rep. It wasn’t fun with Azerite. It wasn’t fun with Artifact Power.

It just isn’t fun. Period. Full stop.

Asked and answered. “Easy” vs. “hard” … doesn’t mean it isn’t boring or doesn’t suck.

welcome to the game of the past 10 years. :woman_shrugging:

Might explain its decline in the last 10 years. You aren’t wrong though.

Are you new to WoW? You have to put the effort in just like everyone else.

Ok it’s literally this simple.

Either do the grind or don’t. That’s your choice. You have the free 265 unity belt if grinding is too “hard” for you.

1 Like

Lmao. I don’t even know why some of you actually play this game. Gimme all end game stuff now now now!

1 Like

Are you? I did the grind. All I’m saying is that it sucked, I hated it, and am glad is over. I would prefer if we could stop this non-sense… and yes, I have had this feedback for the last 10 years. Also, why I rank Legion as second to last (it heavily influenced this trend).

Not much of a choice - but sure, you can just commit to being weaker than your peers. It is a choice.

How many hours a week do you play?
How many hours do you think most people play?

I would argue 10 hours a week is quite a bit, and 2.5 hours is 25% of that.

Quick google search puts the “average” at 8-10 hours.

If the easiest WoW grind in the history of the game is too upsetting for you then I suggest another game.

Actually it is. You can emails your used a 265 unity till you finish the grind. The stats while making a different aren’t going to make or break your performance.

You’re making a choice to complain also if you’re coming back and didn’t keep up with the grind you are already weaker.

Even if that were accurate and let’s be honest that’s just your opinion. It’s a small sample size and doesn’t include all gamers.

Even then, you are choosing to play an MMO. An rpg might better suite your time constraints.

Easier than when we just didn’t have them?

Rofl, what? Did you google the article? Some of them have 4k to 4.5k respondents, which while not a giant sample size, more than our 2-3 man discussion. Show me any research that includes “all gamers” or “all” of any population.

Arguing that it’s not that bad, those are opinions.

There has always been grinds in this game. Ashen ring in ICC ring any bells?

No I didnt google the article, to make any claim based on a sample size of 5k people is a JOKE.

Its not an opinion. This is a fact that this unity grind was the easiest grind in the history of the game because of the sheer fact that they made the daily world quests very easy and didnt give an advantage to the people who could farm rares all day every day.

1 Like

The problem with your suggestion is that it goes against Blizzard’s design philosophy: don’t create a system that players WANT to log in daily, create a system that players feel like they NEED to log in daily.

1 Like

The one where you got the rep inherently by clearing the raid? I don’t remember dailies being associated to the ring. Do you think the ring was as impactful as your legendary? Even at its max upgrade wasn’t it the same ilvl as the drops from heroic?

I would gladly go back to a world where the rep came primarily from the raid, or we could champion a faction via a dungeon clear or a bg. Things that require “real effort” or at the very least interesting.

Running/flying around every day for 20 minutes was not fun. I’m sorry, it just wasn’t.

Now I’m not advocating going back to raid or die, but the grind was over before the raid even opened, and dungeon rep hasn’t been a thing in years either.

So is making the case for an opinion that you hold with a sample size of 56 posts (a large chunk of which are us 2).

The rares do give rep. Didn’t they have to adjust the numbers of the weekly quest (which started out as bi-weekly) to make it so that everyone could unlock at the same time w/o having to rely on the rares?

“Legendary” is utterly meaningless in modern WoW.

You get rep clearing this raid.
Yes there were dailies.

No. At max rank it was a couple ilvls stronger and also had a proc.

It still does. You still get rep from the raid.

Then don’t grind it. But don’t complain about not being at max ilvl.

Your rose covered goggles are blinding you.

Considering this post doesn’t even discuss how easy this grind was. You may not have enjoyed this rep grind but that doesn’t change that it’s the easiest one that’s been in the game. You being late to the party or having a meltdown doesn’t change that.

The rares give rep once a day. Which means the people who would get ahead by farming rares all day didn’t get any advantage over people who only killed the rares once.

They changed the weekly quest because people didn’t pay attention to patch it’s or the timer and through a fit because they skipped the first turn in.