The Enlightened reputation for new players to achieve Unity legendary

The problem with your suggestion is that it goes against Blizzard’s design philosophy: don’t create a system that players WANT to log in daily, create a system that players feel like they NEED to log in daily.

1 Like

The one where you got the rep inherently by clearing the raid? I don’t remember dailies being associated to the ring. Do you think the ring was as impactful as your legendary? Even at its max upgrade wasn’t it the same ilvl as the drops from heroic?

I would gladly go back to a world where the rep came primarily from the raid, or we could champion a faction via a dungeon clear or a bg. Things that require “real effort” or at the very least interesting.

Running/flying around every day for 20 minutes was not fun. I’m sorry, it just wasn’t.

Now I’m not advocating going back to raid or die, but the grind was over before the raid even opened, and dungeon rep hasn’t been a thing in years either.

So is making the case for an opinion that you hold with a sample size of 56 posts (a large chunk of which are us 2).

The rares do give rep. Didn’t they have to adjust the numbers of the weekly quest (which started out as bi-weekly) to make it so that everyone could unlock at the same time w/o having to rely on the rares?

“Legendary” is utterly meaningless in modern WoW.

You get rep clearing this raid.
Yes there were dailies.

No. At max rank it was a couple ilvls stronger and also had a proc.

It still does. You still get rep from the raid.

Then don’t grind it. But don’t complain about not being at max ilvl.

Your rose covered goggles are blinding you.

Considering this post doesn’t even discuss how easy this grind was. You may not have enjoyed this rep grind but that doesn’t change that it’s the easiest one that’s been in the game. You being late to the party or having a meltdown doesn’t change that.

The rares give rep once a day. Which means the people who would get ahead by farming rares all day didn’t get any advantage over people who only killed the rares once.

They changed the weekly quest because people didn’t pay attention to patch it’s or the timer and through a fit because they skipped the first turn in.

Make sure you knock out a few rares per day. It adds up. I try to do at least 10 so I get a WQ worth of rep from them

Dogs are more entertaining than ANY WQ’s. Especially when most are just repeats of the quests you did when you first entered the zone. So kind of kills the feel of the world for me personally.

The nonsense is called a game…

i know. it’s a tragedy.

i felt it first when i went to buy my epic mount. I wondered why it’s epic if the vendor has an infinite supply of them.

1 Like

This should help a little bit too:

1 Like

I was just going to post this as I was reading through the thread.

Contract, raid, WQs and rares. Between all of those things it’s a fairly painless rep grind.
The power of a 2nd 291 on any slot is generous compared to the barrier to obtain it.
The free 265 belt from the campaign no longer being timegated is more than enough to keep you going in the meantime. For any class/spec the legendary effect will trump a “BiS” belt from any other source.

The legendary is from the questline.

“new players” don’t need a 291 unity immediately.

Yep. Good thing it showed up after it was basically over for most of us. Better late than never though.

Really? Which ones? I only seem to recall a some rep from the shadowmourne chain, but nothing repeatable.

Already done. Stop defending the indefensible.

Not at all actually. Rep grinds for power have always sucked. If I’m misremebering WoLTK, then my bad, but I bet my stance was similar back then. Despite the fact I had far more hours of free time back then.

I have said multiple times it wasn’t difficult. Just that it sucked. Literally like my first post. I’ve had it at revered as soon as it was available. It wasn’t fun. It wasn’t enjoyable. It is done.

They also had to adjust the amount of rep everything gave in order to ensure folks could unlock the legendary without having to farm rares. I remember a blue post explicitly talking about that.

There was rep from day one in the raid.

The dailies along the exterior of IcC as well as the dungeon ones.

Your the one that’s indefensible as you’re complaining about the way the game has been designed since day one.

This is the main issue. I myself had loads more free time back then as well. That’s why I was happy with the changes this tier because I could stay relevant with the guys that don’t work a lot of hours and have families.

You’re not comprehending why it was changed. The first week of the patch the main siding the Allies quest was reset every three days. Some people couldn’t comprehend that it was a three day quest reset so they didn’t do it and put it off (completely ignoring the timer and red text stating it was a 3 day quest). After the first reset a lot of people were really mad because they hadn’t payed attention and had missed being able to do a turn in.

They changed the quest from a 3 day quest to a weekly quest and upped the rewards to compensate for turning a twice a week quest into a single quest a week.

A raid that was introduced 3 weeks or so into the patch.

I think they could go further and just remove it entirely.

Now that the grind is over, the game feels much much better. Login when you want to. Do what you want to. The way it should be.

I don’t have to remember to login and do my chores for 3 weeks, or then get bummed if I missed a day or 2, or god forbid you had a vacation during the first 3 weeks of patch launch.

Turns out logging in daily is untenable for most.

So yeah, this is possibly the easiest “grind” to date. The shift in focus to the WQs was just to make it more palatable (20 minutes).

It still sucked. Deep down even Blizzard acknowledges requiring players to login daily is not great…but need to keep those MAUs and retention up somehow.

So requiring players to login for 20 minutes a day still doesn’t fundamentally solve the problem. It is less awful… still awful nonetheless.

I’m 3400 io and still have the 265 legendary. No way i’m doing a single world quest

Two weeks. How it’s been done every single tier for how long?

I dont think WoW is for you if playing the game is a chore.

That’s not why it was changed. That may be the reason to save face but the main reason was because people didn’t pay attention to the three day quest.

No doing dailies was the chore. Playing the game can be fun. Don’t twist my words.

Speculation much? I’m going off of their direct quotes.

It would help if the grind for LEGENDARY rewards was actually engaging, rather than being a mindnumbing entry-level world quest grind.

I don’t avoid the ZM rep grind because it’s somehow too hard or too much work. I avoid it because I actively hate wasting my time on something that’s not fun because it’s too easy and offers zero actual engagement.

3 Likes

Fine, give me the Wrath style tabards and I’ll get the rep for it. Let me buy rep rewards with my Marks of Honor. I don’t want to do these trash world quests for pittances.

you’re doing fine without them, then.